Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Me A Yaris Hybrid! (Sequel to Find Me An Auris Hybrid!)

Wayne2015

20 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

But you get MORE bucks by selling it privately 💰

I know, however need to have a replacement in place right away. 

1 hour ago, snowBALLs said:

Bummer. I need to trade in my car though so wouldn't work with private seller. 

Any good.

Includes ALL the versions (2011 preface, 2014 facelift, 2017facelift) :clapping: 

And all from Toyota :sport:

Screenshot_2020-03-23-19-26-16-37.png

Screenshot_2020-03-23-19-27-15-08.png

Screenshot_2020-03-23-19-29-23-13.png

Screenshot_2020-03-23-19-31-13-03.png

It looks nice Wayne, I like silver cars, hides  road dirt very well as it tends to dry grey - unless its driven through a field of cow pats then it will be brown. lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

Bargain Toyota Extended Warranty @£345 for 2 years: Works out about £173 per year MINUS breakdown cover = £100 per year per warranty :toast: 

:band: 

£150 CHEAPER than my Auris (for 2 years!) 

AND now it covers Toyota up to TWELVE years of age! :thumbup1: 

:starwars:

IMG_20200323_102631.jpg

Hi Wayne, is the warranty only available if you buy from main dealer approved used?

2 hours ago, Rolando1 said:

Hi Wayne, is the warranty only available if you buy from main dealer approved used?

No

As long as the car has been serviced either EVERY YEAR or EVERY 10,000 miles at Toyota AND under 100,000 miles and 12 years, then it's eligible

Grey area is, cars can be serviced outside dealer ship to retain warranty (by law). - so I am not sure about this bit if your car was serviced outside Toyota 🤔

Any used Toyota Rewards? 🤔

Does it really save money? 💰

Screenshot_2020-03-24-09-30-47-58.png

On 3/15/2020 at 7:22 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

As regards the panoramic sunroof, one thing to check is whether the replacement glass section of your insurance policy covers the sunroof. Although most do nowadays, some may still not.

No 😞

My IAM (Institute of Advanced Motorists) insurer does not :sadwalk:

During the newly announced UK lockdown due to Covid-19, we will use our cars less or not at all

With our Hybrids, is it true if Battery dies (about 2 weeks), we need to call recovery service (and cannot fix our self)? 🤔 

CHEAP fuel! :driving:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/11233731/morrisons-petrol-prices-supermarket-fuel/amp/

Wayne, it’s usually the 12v Battery that gives trouble, won’t fire up the computer which kicks off everything else.                     
It happened on my wife’s Auris. What you can do is buy a lithium iron Battery about size of a thick mobile phone. Got mine off Amazon, a Suaoki think it was, about £40 with crocodile clips to go across the 12v Battery (red to red, black to black). By the time I had connected it in the boot (Auris) and got to the drivers seat, it lit the dash up and the car started.                            
Because there is no big heavy duty starter motor involved it doesn’t need anything much. However these small battery packs can start a diesel car up to 3 litre (check that out). Acts as a torch and mobile phone charger.                      
bMine sits in the seat pocket behind driver. Don’t put it in boot, if 12v batt goes down the door locks won’t open electrically so you use key in drivers door but that does not open boot. If you put this small battery charge in the boot you cannot easily get at it, hence in pocket behind drivers seat. I take it out say every 4-6 weeks just to keep fully charged. It works, but in the end I hand to change the 12v battery as it was too far gone.

• Thanks 1

Some detail on the Toyota extended warranty: https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/warranty/extended-warranty

Block Exemption (which applies to the new car warranty and allows servicing to be carried out at any VAT registered whilst maintaining the new car warranty) doesn't apply to extended warranties.

So the extended warranty company can state who should service the vehicle during the extended warranty. In the case of the Toyota extended warranty, servicing during the extended warranty has to be done within the Toyota dealer network.

As a vehicle with a Toyota extended warranty will be over five years old, servicing can be done under Toyota's 5+ Club, which gives 20% off services and MOT's. https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-aftercare/service-mot-maintenance#/iframe/https%3A%2F%2Fforms.toyota.co.uk%2Ftoyota-service-club

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Wayne, it’s usually the 12v battery that gives trouble, won’t fire up the computer which kicks off everything else.                     
It happened on my wife’s Auris. What you can do is buy a lithium iron battery about size of a thick mobile phone. Got mine off Amazon, a Suaoki think it was, about £40 with crocodile clips to go across the 12v battery (red to red, black to black). By the time I had connected it in the boot (Auris) and got to the drivers seat, it lit the dash up and the car started.                            
Because there is no big heavy duty starter motor involved it doesn’t need anything much. However these small battery packs can start a diesel car up to 3 litre (check that out). Acts as a torch and mobile phone charger.                      
bMine sits in the seat pocket behind driver. Don’t put it in boot, if 12v batt goes down the door locks won’t open electrically so you use key in drivers door but that does not open boot. If you put this small battery charge in the boot you cannot easily get at it, hence in pocket behind drivers seat. I take it out say every 4-6 weeks just to keep fully charged. It works, but in the end I hand to change the 12v battery as it was too far gone.

I wish I had a garage again, used to keep my car Battery charged with a CTEK :sadwalk:

20 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

So the extended warranty company can state who should service the vehicle during the extended warranty. In the case of the Toyota extended warranty, servicing during the extended warranty has to be done within the Toyota dealer network.

Thank the heavens my Yaris service book ONLY got Toyota stamps :yahoo: 

:cheers:

16 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

Any good.

Includes ALL the versions (2011 preface, 2014 facelift, 2017facelift) :clapping: 

And all from Toyota :sport:

Screenshot_2020-03-23-19-26-16-37.png

Screenshot_2020-03-23-19-27-15-08.png

Screenshot_2020-03-23-19-29-23-13.png

Screenshot_2020-03-23-19-31-13-03.png

The lowest price one is in my range, but not red, don't like it unless ferrari 🙂

Besides just changed all new tyres so will keep for another year or so. 

1 hour ago, Wayne2015 said:

During the newly announced UK lockdown due to Covid-19, we will use our cars less or not at all

With our Hybrids, is it true if battery dies (about 2 weeks), we need to call recovery service (and cannot fix our self)? 🤔 

CHEAP fuel! :driving:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/11233731/morrisons-petrol-prices-supermarket-fuel/amp/

Just start the engine every few days or go for a short drive. Weather is getting a bit better so should be ok.

1 minute ago, snowBALLs said:

The lowest price one is in my range, but not red, don't like it unless ferrari 🙂

Besides just changed all new tyres so will keep for another year or so. 

Swop your new tyres into new car :msn-wink:

2 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

Just start the engine every few days or go for a short drive. Weather is getting a bit better so should be ok

I only shop once a week, so might drive to shops ...:driving: 

Hi guys, how are you doing.
The best to keep hybrids cars in shape including both batteries is to put the cars in Ready mode once a week at least if you can. 30-40min in ready mode with temperature set at 22C to make the ice running and burn some fuel, yes I know what I am talking about and will explain. Leaving a hybrid car for a long time has negative effect not only to the Battery but to the ice too. Oil will drain to the oil pan completely leaving many oil seals and gaskets dry, doing so for a long time can cause cracks that eventually will cause oil leaks, and higher oil consumption, expensive repairs. That’s why I highly recommend to seat in the car for a 30-40 min once a week , put it into ready mode and let it work itself, recharge and revitalise. Brakes might get rusted a bit but this will clear off when you start driving it again. 
Regards 

• Like 1

30-40 minutes :shocking: 

ER, will my 15mins drive on bypass be sufficient (Then 15mins return trip) ? :driving::boat:

57 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

30-40 minutes :shocking: 

ER, will my 15mins drive on bypass be sufficient (Then 15mins return trip) ? :driving::boat:

Yes 30-40 mins, in non hybrid cars where 12v Battery is used to crank the engine using the car once in a while for a very short trips can put more stress to the Battery than if you don’t touch the car at all, especially in colder days. Turning the engine requires a lots of current and these are what draws the Battery. In hybrids slightly different since the 12v battery it’s not used to crank the ice but has been used for anything else if you drive 2x15min trips and not using a lot of power consumables like heating fun at max speed, lights plus fog lights , radio high volume, charging phones etc I think you will be alright. But best is to keep the car in ready mode as long as you can. I keep mine for hours , my previous cars non hybrid too idle for hours in winter and do this every night and so on original batteries last 10+ years where low mileage, infrequently used cars batteries died after only few years., 3-5 or something around those figures. 

• Thanks 1

With most people working from home, forget TGIF or Friday Eve (Thursday) - EVERYDAY feels like Friday now (or BORED day for some) :toot: 

Well, here s some Friday feeling pics then...:pepsi:

IMG_20200325_084921.jpg

IMG_20200325_084940.jpg

IMG_20200325_085008.jpg

IMG_20200325_084954.jpg

Toyota Yaris prefacelift wind deflectors - tempting 😍

IMG_20200325_091048.jpg

Toyota Yaris 15" Steel rims BRAND NEW only £34 delivered 😍 

From Italy 🤔😷 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STEEL-WHEELS-ORIGINALE-15-5-0J-4X100-TOYOTA-YARIS-HYBRID-XP13-09-2011/273797895935?epid=22031421344&hash=item3fbfa056ff:g:N9MAAOSwNKReZDMc

Apart from size (15") and number of bolts (4) - is there anything else I need to check if right for my Yaris ? :help:

IMG_20200325_092008.jpg

2 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

From Italy 🤔😷 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STEEL-WHEELS-ORIGINALE-15-5-0J-4X100-TOYOTA-YARIS-HYBRID-XP13-09-2011/273797895935?epid=22031421344&hash=item3fbfa056ff:g:N9MAAOSwNKReZDMc

Apart from size (15") and number of bolts (4) - is there anything else I need to check if right for my Yaris ? :help:

IMG_20200325_092008.jpg

Cannot help with fitment. 

Are you sure u want to go down this route. Wheels + tyres cost for little gain?

Also imo it's better to have the 195 profile tyres u got now than smaller. If u give decide to go ahead and get 15" wheels and tyres of 175/65/15 u will regret it fella, the handling is pathetic on this.  

1 hour ago, Wayne2015 said:

From Italy 🤔😷 

IMG_20200325_092008.jpg

Hi, yes there are a couple of parameters that you have to check carefully if they much before you buy . Seems like these match your car. Bolt size, centre bore, wide size- 4x100, 54.1, 5.0J
You can check those parameters here: 

https://www.wheel-size.com/

67BEE755-2129-448E-A0EA-C688C143DCE7.jpeg
are these from Toyota official store? I bought from them recently, they have a good offers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, snowBALLs said:

Cannot help with fitment. 

Are you sure u want to go down this route. Wheels + tyres cost for little gain?

Also imo it's better to have the 195 profile tyres u got now than smaller. If u give decide to go ahead and get 15" wheels and tyres of 175/65/15 u will regret it fella, the handling is pathetic on this.  

Initially for MPG gain, but after looking at it a bit more - you right, not much

But, mostly more into safety!

As I said, I am a little over the hill now, so prefer a very safe buggy (Yaris) during winter times  :driving:

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, yes there are a couple of parameters that you have to check carefully if they much before you buy . Seems like these match your car. Bolt size, centre bore, wide size- 4x100, 54.1, 5.0J
You can check those parameters here: 

https://www.wheel-size.com/

67BEE755-2129-448E-A0EA-C688C143DCE7.jpeg
are these from Toyota official store? I bought from them recently, they have a good offers.

Not from Toyota store 😞 

You mean Toyota sells brand new steel rims for £34 ??? 🤔

Then you are better of getting all season tyres for next winter. It's not about being over the hill 🙂 safety should be high priority. 

I had the bad futune of 175 profile and it's absolutely pathetic. Now my car has 185 it's a lot better, although once this set is worn I will go 195. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links