Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Find Me A Yaris Hybrid! (Sequel to Find Me An Auris Hybrid!)

Wayne2015

22 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

I thought I needed a miracle when first looking for a late MK3 Yaris with all the toys for £10k 

Now, I think you not only need a miracle, but also your head examined :laughing: 

:gossip:

Haha I know it cannot be done in a Yaris so I was looking to get a Lexus ct200h premium which has all the whistles including electric driver seat for under 10k - 2012-13. No Pan roof, don't know if they make pan roof for it. But u know what...  Cat gets stolen as the car is like an auris in the main. 😞

I have driven the 2018 Yaris Hybrid 1.5 Icon Tech
I loved it, it was agile, nippy, feels better drive than my 2012 Auris Hybrid 1.8 T-Spirit, and very economical with a 60mpg commute :driving: 

Would be interesting what the 2013 Yaris Hybrid 1.5 T-Spirit is really like  [emoji848]

Test drive, does feel NOT nippy, UNDER powered, so what will the REAL MPG be like?
[emoji848]

2013 was the same year that we had, must have been pre facelift.

Just didn’t like the standard gearstick lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Illuminated ones 😐 and its not plug and play from the Toyota parts bin

Would a visit to Specsavers help? 👓

7 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

Haha I know it cannot be done in a Yaris so I was looking to get a Lexus ct200h premium which has all the whistles including electric driver seat for under 10k - 2012-13. No Pan roof, don't know if they make pan roof for it. But u know what...  Cat gets stolen as the car is like an auris in the main. 😞

Yes they do Panoramic roofs! :thumbup: 

Prices are tempting too :toast:

Certainly you get more bang for your bucks! :driving: 

So, is the 'cat' to thieves you rightly mentioned too :sadwalk:

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Anthony Poli said:

2013 was the same year that we had, must have been pre facelift.

Just didn’t like the standard gearstick lol

Apart from gearstick what did you dis/like about the 2013 Yaris (Hybrid?) ? 

Apart from gearstick what did you dis/like about the 2013 Yaris (Hybrid?) ? 

Just the 1.5L lol

I did really like the seats over the Auris ones, better for the longer journeys. [emoji2]

If I had got the Yaris first I probably still be driving it.

Now I’m glad of getting the TS, since mother’s wheel chair fits in the boot flat.

40 minutes ago, Anthony Poli said:

Just the 1.5L lol

I did really like the seats over the Auris ones, better for the longer journeys. emoji2.png

If I had got the Yaris first I probably still be driving it.

Now I’m glad of getting the TS, since mother’s wheel chair fits in the boot flat.

Wait

You got a MK2 Auris, and the OLDER and SMALLER MODEL 2013 Yaris has more comfy seats? 🤔 

Ant, hello? :laughing: 

My Mk1 Auris seats were much CHUNKIER and comfy than my 2013 Yaris :driving:

Ah but, u do prefer the Auris 1.8 to the Yaris 1.5. 

But, wait til you driven the late MK3 Yaris 1.5 - you will love it MORE than the Auris :thumbup:

Wait
You got a MK2 Auris, and the OLDER and SMALLER MODEL 2013 Yaris has more comfy seats? [emoji848] 

Ant, hello? :laughing: 
My Mk1 Auris seats were much CHUNKIER and comfy than my 2013 Yaris :driving:

Ah but, u do prefer the Auris 1.8 to the Yaris 1.5. 
But, wait til you driven the late MK3 Yaris 1.5 - you will love it MORE than the Auris :thumbup:

I was comparing the Mk1 Auris seats to the Yaris. Possibly still better than my current Auris

Like I said we were happy with ours. Sadly it just didn’t get driven much due to mother getting on. So we decided it wasn’t worth keeping it

14 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

I was comparing the Mk1 Auris seats to the Yaris. Possibly still better than my current Auris

Like I said we were happy with ours. Sadly it just didn’t get driven much due to mother getting on. So we decided it wasn’t worth keeping it

Ah, cool :thumbsup: 

So, where u been Ant?

Still in the Auris world on here? 🤔 

How has the lockdown affected you?

How's the weekend?

:band: 

9 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

Ah, cool :thumbsup: 

So, where u been Ant?

Still in the Auris world on here? 🤔 

How has the lockdown affected you?

How's the weekend?

:band: 

I have been visiting here regularly, just not had much to say lol

for the lockdown I’ve been staying in, apart from shopping and work. Work is connected to the nhs and the food supply chain.

since there is less traffic on the roads, been enjoying the game of seeing how high I can get my mpg 😁

what it’s been like for you?

• Like 1

SNOWING heavier now outside :shocking:☃️

IMG_20200329_085236.jpg

• Like 1

Lovely and sunny here near Chester, with mostly blue sky with some clouds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Catlover said:

Lovely and sunny here near Chester, with mostly blue sky with some clouds.

Cheshire?

I worked in Wigan a couple of years back?

The tap water was infamous there :sick: 🚱

Heard, Cheshire was much much better 🚰

6 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

I have been visiting here regularly, just not had much to say lol

for the lockdown I’ve been staying in, apart from shopping and work. Work is connected to the nhs and the food supply chain.

since there is less traffic on the roads, been enjoying the game of seeing how high I can get my mpg 😁

what it’s been like for you?

NHS comrade! :drunk: 

Hope you got your "NHS Key Worker Status " letter + ID badge :toast: as Police are doing STOP and QUESTIONS outside now ..:driving: 

I office worker, so been working from home, but start new job on April's fools 🤡 question is now, (1) HOW do I return my current work laptop/ID (2) HOW do I pick up new job laptop/ID (3) if I need to drive WHAT happens When stop by Police (WHEN I have returned my old ID, BUT not yet picked up my new ID)? :jawdrop:

• Like 1

Everyone did their bit last night (EARTH HOUR) ? :clap:

IMG_20200329_091159.jpg

Yes, Chester is the county town of Cheshire.  Ever been?   Its a Roman town, now a city. And Chester zoo has been featured in one of the longer running animal programs that concentrates wholly on Chester zoo. Chester and the zoo is worthy of visiting, lots to see, then a trip up the Wirral peninsula, over night stay needed.

My son lives in Oughtibridge, north west Sheffield - any where near.  He is in the NHS, qualified paramedic but now works from home. Just got exams results, now got his Masters (mature student, now 42).  As he is severe asthmatic he has been in lockdown for 2 weeks now.

• Like 2

Never been to Chester

Always thought about visiting the zoo, but heard it's very expensive 🤔

Yes, anyone with underlying health problems needs to be either "work from home" or "self isolate" :thumbsup: 

Well done on his master's :clap: 

I always wanted to do an MBA - might be too old now ...:sadwalk:

8 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

NHS comrade! :drunk: 

Hope you got your "NHS Key Worker Status " letter + ID badge :toast: as Police are doing STOP and QUESTIONS outside now ..:driving: 

I office worker, so been working from home, but start new job on April's fools 🤡 question is now, (1) HOW do I return my current work laptop/ID (2) HOW do I pick up new job laptop/ID (3) if I need to drive WHAT happens When stop by Police (WHEN I have returned my old ID, BUT not yet picked up my new ID)? :jawdrop:

Hi, 
I had a pull over by the police the night before. Just after midnight on the way back home I entered my town and there were marked police cars behind each car on the roads and most likely they all got them pulled over. After I drove for a mile and half I noticed two cars driving behind me at a distance. Then I turned onto my street and one of the two cars behind me was a police car 🚔 , they stopped next to me and asked me where am I going and once I told them I am going home and gave them my house number of which info they already had they just said: “have a good night” , no other questions., I guess If i was in another town or place they would had have more questions to ask. If police stop you you can always say that you had to deliver food or medicine to someone in need, in fact that was actually the reason for my journey that evening, therefore I had nothing to worry, I knew that I have to deal with police at some point. Going to your office to take something that you need for your work from home is also an essential trip but you better say food and medicine as these are the answer they want to hear., put some shopping in bags on your passenger seat. I also stay home , for me someone who was travelling 200+ miles everyday and suddenly completely stopped I feel like I am in prison but I actually enjoy it for now as I needed some sort of break. Now I am a home maintenance guy, plus food and medicine delivery to someone in London once or twice a week.
Stay safe

Regards 

• Like 2

Respect Tony! :toast: 

I supposed if one is going to be stopped by police during a lockdown, then early hours or midnight is a good reason not to be about - but as you said, if you had a reason that is fine. It is an informal lockdown, not martial lockdown :thumbsup: 

Though, if things get worse or crowds still appear, I will not be surprised if we have the same lockdowns as Italy (cannot even leave house) :shocking: 

I went to next town shopping (3miles) last week, even though I have Lidl/Aldi 10minutes walk away, my excuse would be:

1. It's safer to drive (no chance of walking past a person)

2. It's safer to go to a bigger and spacious Asda (than cramp Aldi/Lidl)

3. It's safer to go to big Asda (than going to Aldi, no stock/item then having to walk across town to Lidl and maybe same?)

There is already mixed messages from government

Our local council + all police forces are saying "u must NOT drive Futher to another town/park, u must walk to your local ones!" :shock: 

But, on telly a cabinet minister said "of course, if your local park is packed with people or difficult to keep 2m distance, by all means drive further away, the public must used their common sense and do what is RIGHT and SAFE":band:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

the public must used their common sense and do what is RIGHT and SAFE":band:

That’s right, all of us should do it and I believe most of the people does it . For shopping what I found that small off-licence corner shops has almost everything you need , slightly more expensive some things but some same price or less other things,  and many of these shops are not packed like the big ones and for some people may work better than going to the supermarkets. 
Regards 

Took the car for a quick 2-3 miles drive just now, been sitting for 5 days. Was about to drive to the park and do a 8km walk, then start to rain with slight hailstones. Back indoors, will do the walk later. 

Roads very quiet, was just a 10mins drive. 

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

That’s right, all of us should do it and I believe most of the people does it . For shopping what I found that small off-licence corner shops has almost everything you need , slightly more expensive some things but some same price or less other things,  and many of these shops are not packed like the big ones and for some people may work better than going to the supermarkets. 
Regards 

Yes

I heard that too ref corner shops :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, snowBALLs said:

Took the car for a quick 2-3 miles drive just now, been sitting for 5 days. Was about to drive to the park and do a 8km walk, then start to rain with slight hailstones. Back indoors, will do the walk later. 

Roads very quiet, was just a 10mins drive. 

You wimp! :gunsmilie: 

:lol1:

3 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

Never been to Chester

Always thought about visiting the zoo, but heard it's very expensive  

125 acres of actual zoo, 15,000 animals, £20 adults, £15.45 children 3-17 year old, dearer in school holidays. About 3 miles from centre of Chester. About 6 mile from Chester is  lie Planet aquarium, prices there about £1 cheaper then the zoo. So as prices go you would have a good day at the zoo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

125 acres of actual zoo, 15,000 animals, £20 adults, £15.45 children 3-17 year old, dearer in school holidays. About 3 miles from centre of Chester. About 6 mile from Chester is  lie Planet aquarium, prices there about £1 cheaper then the zoo. So as prices go you would have a good day at the zoo.

Not today I wouldn't!

It would not even be opened :lol1: