Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Find Me A Yaris Hybrid! (Sequel to Find Me An Auris Hybrid!)

Wayne2015

3 hours ago, snowBALLs said:

Well u can buy butties & beers with the fuel saved on the Yaris compared to the auris. 

Cheapskate! :rifle: 

:sailor:

3 hours ago, snowBALLs said:

Been reading up on the power of the 2.0 corolla hybrid with 180+bhp, that's what I want. Heard the new Yaris is 15% more powerful than current one, so 115bhp, that's what I want from the Yaris. 

I said before, the 2.0 Corolla will be awesome! :driving:

Even the 1.8 I had with 122bhp feels much MUCH more powerful than my 1.8 135bhp Auris - so it's NOT all about BHPs! 

Yes, the new Yaris feels much nippier too - it's the way they tuned the SAME engine I think 🤔

3 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

Even the 1.8 I had with 122bhp feels much MUCH more powerful than my 1.8 135bhp Auris - so it's NOT all about BHPs! 

Yes, the new Yaris feels much nippier too - it's the way they tuned the SAME engine I think 🤔

Technological advances, still prefer the 180bhp though. 

Ok so maybe a remap of the current Yaris if doesn't cost too much 😀

Yes, the new Yaris feels much nippier too - it's the way they tuned the SAME engine I think [emoji848]

Have you noticed the ev mode is quicker than your Auris?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

Technological advances, still prefer the 180bhp though. 

Ok so maybe a remap of the current Yaris if doesn't cost too much 😀

REVO! :driving:

IMG_20200402_190922.jpg

1 hour ago, Anthony Poli said:

Have you noticed the ev mode is quicker than your Auris?

ANY mode is quicker than my Auris in PWR mode! :driving:

That Corolla is just awesome, as I said when I had it as a courtesy car, it does NOT drive like a hybrid, but more like a DIESEL without the clatter!

But, having said that , 0-60 is still slow, but for that high MPG - can't complain! :boxing:

1 hour ago, Wayne2015 said:
ANY mode is quicker than my Auris in PWR mode! :driving:

That Corolla is just awesome, as I said when I had it as a courtesy car, it does NOT drive like a hybrid, but more like a DIESEL without the clatter!

But, having said that , 0-60 is still slow, but for that high MPG - can't complain! :boxing:

I was talking about your Yaris lol

1 hour ago, Anthony Poli said:

I was talking about your Yaris lol

Oh :laughing:

I wasn't :bangin:

I have a service plan.

Do you get a courtesy car or have to wait while they do it? Would like to drive the corolla 2 litre. Would be my next car in 5 years when affordable!

Hope everyone is finding stuff to do, and manages on lower finances, and keeps their job, once things get back on track.

I'm self employed. Gone quiet. Had 2 gardening jobs last week. Don't mind as outside. Charged £20 each. Just replacing a leaking garage roof. Finishing work permanently tomorrow. Hope I get the self employed payment in June!

Keep safe.

James.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Auris James said:

I have a service plan.

Do you get a courtesy car or have to wait while they do it? Would like to drive the corolla 2 litre. Would be my next car in 5 years when affordable!

Hope everyone is finding stuff to do, and manages on lower finances, and keeps their job, once things get back on track.

I'm self employed. Gone quiet. Had 2 gardening jobs last week. Don't mind as outside. Charged £20 each. Just replacing a leaking garage roof. Finishing work permanently tomorrow. Hope I get the self employed payment in June!

Keep safe.

James.

Thanks James 😊 

Hope you are safe too, and hope your get the money in June 🙏

I want the 2.0 Corolla too!

But, might be swayed by the 2.0 CH-R instead 🤔

Free courtesy car if service at dealers: :thumbsup:

https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-aftercare/service-mot-maintenance

Screenshot_2020-04-02-21-07-25-07.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

REVO! :driving:

IMG_20200402_190922.jpg

A few hp? Insurance will charge a bit with this mod. 

On another note, tonight I was looking into the idea of registering as an NHS volunteer driver, website are pausing on registration as have 750k people to process, say will reopen in a few weeks time. So I'm a bit late 😞

Do you get a courtesy car or have to wait while they do it?

When you book a service, normally you get asked whether you are leaving the car, waiting or require a courtesy car. Booking a courtesy car, as with any dealer, whether Toyota or other manufacturer, may depend on availability - ie. availability of a courtesy car may delay the service by a couple of days or so. Depending on the dealer, one may be advised to pay a collision damage waiver for insurance purposes.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, snowBALLs said:

A few hp? Insurance will charge a bit with this mod. 

On another note, tonight I was looking into the idea of registering as an NHS volunteer driver, website are pausing on registration as have 750k people to process, say will reopen in a few weeks time. So I'm a bit late 😞

Yes

Keep looking on the volunteer list, hopefully not but if it does get worse, the NHS will need all the help offered 🙏 

But, u stay especially safe if u get signed up 🙏

12 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

When you book a service, normally you get asked whether you are leaving the car, waiting or require a courtesy car. Booking a courtesy car, as with any dealer, whether Toyota or other manufacturer, may depend on availability - ie. availability of a courtesy car may delay the service by a couple of days or so. Depending on the dealer, one may be advised to pay a collision damage waiver for insurance purposes.

Also

Your dealer may give u 4 options like mine:

01.  Leave your car and come back later

02. Leave your car and wait (but enjoy free telly, free WiFi and free hot drinks)

03. They will pickup your car for FREE and drop off (within a reasonable distance)

04. Free courtesy car, but charged me 16p per mile (and a licence Check thingy)

5 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:
Also
Your dealer may give u 4 options like mine:
01.  Leave your car and come back later
02. Leave your car and wait (but enjoy free telly, free WiFi and free hot drinks)
03. They will pickup your car for FREE and drop off (within a reasonable distance)
04. Free courtesy car, but charged me 16p per mile (and a licence Check thingy)

Hmm n. 4 never heard of the charge for that.

3 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

Hmm n. 4 never heard of the charge for that.

My dealer never charge before

But they changed that sometime last year - so if u do very little miles, u will be hit (as can't put a few pounds into tank):wolfwood:

But, if u do a lot, then just fill it up cheaper :clap:

Rivetting documentary behind the scenes :blowup:

I knew much of Trump's rise, but didn't know Obama had an impossible task :frusty:being president who could not even push through any major legislation without using his executive orders :crybaby:

IMG_20200404_085937.jpg

IMG_20200404_085955.jpg

Wish we had either the diesel Yaris D4D or Hybrid Yaris here in the USA.  Those would seem to have better fuel consumption compared to the 1.5L 1 NZ-FE 4 cylinder engine.  I'm not complaining about the 1 NZ-FE 4 cylinder however-it's still much better than most US-made cars and trucks. 

What gas engine does the Hybrid Yaris come with?  I do know the Prius hybrid comes with wither the 1 NZ FE 1.5L or 1.8L 2ZR-FE engine, at least in North America.

36 minutes ago, Joe999 said:

Wish we had either the diesel Yaris D4D or Hybrid Yaris here in the USA. 

Instead you had the Prius C, which was discontinued in 2019.

The Yaris you currently have, which is different to the European Yaris, is a re-skinned Mazda 2, built by Mazda in Mexico. 

US Yaris - https://www.toyota.com/yarishatchback/

Current European Yaris - https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/yaris/

New European Yaris (from 3rd quarter of 2020) - https://newsroom.toyota.eu/new-toyota-yaris---designed-for-urban-life?utm_source=ToyotaOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks

yarishatchback_ebrochure.pdf

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe999 said:

Wish we had either the diesel Yaris D4D or Hybrid Yaris here in the USA.  Those would seem to have better fuel consumption compared to the 1.5L 1 NZ-FE 4 cylinder engine.  I'm not complaining about the 1 NZ-FE 4 cylinder however-it's still much better than most US-made cars and trucks. 

What gas engine does the Hybrid Yaris come with?  I do know the Prius hybrid comes with wither the 1 NZ FE 1.5L or 1.8L 2ZR-FE engine, at least in North America.

Welcome to the forum, Joe :clapping: 

What car do you drive? :driving: 

And how is the situation in the states (ref Covid-19)? :g:

Joes yaris is a 2007 (xp90 many are the 1.5 Auto -U340E gearbox but you do get the odd manual) the Mazda 2 platform cars didn't appear until 2015

The hybrid uses the same basic 1.5 its just tuned differently and coupled to an eCvt, That didn't come out until 2012 (2011 in japan iirc), as above its based on the same proven drivetrain as the Prius

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Joes yaris is a 2007 (xp90 many are the 1.5 Auto -U340E gearbox but you do get the odd manual) the Mazda 2 platform cars didn't appear until 2015

The hybrid uses the same basic 1.5 its just tuned differently and coupled to an eCvt, That didn't come out until 2012 (2011 in japan iirc), as above its based on the same proven drivetrain as the Prius

You, yet again you are my walking Encyclopedia! :toast: 

How do you know all these stuff!? :rolleyes1:

I dont know 🤔 bit of useless info in my head i suppose

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

I dont know 🤔 bit of useless info in my head i suppose

Very useful at times, you never know! :toast:

Try this: 💪💪💪 

===========================

Try it seriously dont cheat its amazing
ALL MUST TRY!!!!!!!          ALZHEIMERS'  EYE TEST

(I love this part..
 It's absolutely amazing!)