Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Find Me A Yaris Hybrid! (Sequel to Find Me An Auris Hybrid!)

Wayne2015

EBC :thumbup1: 

Your Auris looks quite low there, been lowered? :driving:

Nice paid of wheels (scooter), is it any quicker to 60 than the Hybrid? :toast:

• Haha 1

Hahaha, I am a slow driver/rider the scooter is the Prius of the scooters, most popular in the world but not fastest, I like riding it slow and watching around, exploring my town, saves me walking long distance. The Auris is fully stock, no change at all, but maybes because of the wheels looks like is lowered, perhaps is lower than standard 1.6 that usually comes with this size wheels for aerodynamic purposes. I will ask EBC to start making pads for the electric scooter too. Hahah they will laugh at me but there is a big market for that.😂🛴👍

• Haha 1

I prefer the skateboard :whistling:

:band:

• Thanks 1

Today changed the air filter for my Yaris, think it's 2 years since last changed from the previous owner at the dealer service. Quite dirty so it was a good decision to change, next is the pollen filter. 

• Like 1

Pollen filter is the most important filter in the car 👍 I do very often change it even if it’s clean just to make sure I breathe a clean air. Usually when filter is dirty enough smells like fumes, petrol something like that. 

• Like 2

Will be getting an activated carbon pollen filter. 👍

2 hours ago, snowBALLs said:

Today changed the air filter for my Yaris, think it's 2 years since last changed from the previous owner at the dealer service. Quite dirty so it was a good decision to change, next is the pollen filter. 

Do you follow the service schedule?

Any pics of the old/new filter - so we can see the difference? :zorro:

4 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

Will be getting an activated carbon pollen filter. 👍

Always thinking is it worth the extra cost?

Does it filter the smell really well? 😷

1 hour ago, Wayne2015 said:

Do you follow the service schedule?

Any pics of the old/new filter - so we can see the difference? :zorro:

I did not follow the schedule 🤐, so it was 2 years and done 17k miles. On a hybrid probably only done, my guess max 12k miles with the ICE. Didn't think to take photos, it was dirty, however not very black. New one is very clean of course.

Regarding the carbon pollen filter its only about £9+ from eBay, normal one is under £7. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fits-Toyota-Yaris-MK3-1-5-Hybrid-Borg-Beck-Activated-Carbon-Pollen-Filter/292999130769?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Very cheap, I know there are more expensive brands. I haven't got experience of it, but under a tenner its worth a go. 

https://www.pgfilters.com/blog/what-advantage-is-activated-charcoal-treatment-for-cabin-filter/

10 hours ago, snowBALLs said:

I did not follow the schedule 🤐, so it was 2 years and done 17k miles. On a hybrid probably only done, my guess max 12k miles with the ICE. Didn't think to take photos, it was dirty, however not very black. New one is very clean of course.

Regarding the carbon pollen filter its only about £9+ from eBay, normal one is under £7. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fits-Toyota-Yaris-MK3-1-5-Hybrid-Borg-Beck-Activated-Carbon-Pollen-Filter/292999130769?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Very cheap, I know there are more expensive brands. I haven't got experience of it, but under a tenner its worth a go. 

https://www.pgfilters.com/blog/what-advantage-is-activated-charcoal-treatment-for-cabin-filter

Keep us posted! :tabletalk:

Mine had never been touched from new, filters were done in the first week of ownership, cabin filter is ultra easy, active carbon lasts 12-18 months and does capture the smells, Mahle or Hengst for under a tenner

I did spring for the oem air filter, but there a bit pricey

42 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Mine had never been touched from new, filters were done in the first week of ownership, cabin filter is ultra easy, active carbon lasts 12-18 months and does capture the smells, Mahle or Hengst for under a tenner

I did spring for the oem air filter, but there a bit pricey

You never changed your cabin filters ? :shock: (how old is your car)?

Mahle/Hengst good brands? 🤔

Looking into it, the full service at Toyota does not include an air filter, so it could well be more than 3 years old the filter in my car. I owned it for 22 months. I shall inspect it in a year's time to see how dirty it is. 

none of the filters had been changed on mine (purchased at 3 years old) i did them myself, as the dealers are useless bunch of lying bar stewards

Mahle is oem for a lot of manufactures, Hengst is an ok aftermarket brand, there better than the crossland tat you can get

• Sad 1

Here is the difference between old and new cabin filter, two months and 10k miles on uk motorways, a lots of carbon buildup and smells like fumes. 

9D95F5CE-9B54-47DD-98CB-C2E46AC19C4F.jpeg

90F86EA0-1098-4D00-B28C-24F8A1E26BE2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, snowBALLs said:

Looking into it, the full service at Toyota does not include an air filter, so it could well be more than 3 years old the filter in my car. I owned it for 22 months. I shall inspect it in a year's time to see how dirty it is. 

Really?! :shocking: 

Am sure the air filter is replaced in one of the major service schedules...🤔

From this thread it's the full + service which cost more that include an air filter.

Full + service

The last dealer service on my car were in Jan 2018 with a service stamp. So I assumed the air filter got changed. But it might not have. Pollen filter are replaced it seems. So its due one now, 17k miles on it in over 2 years. 

For my Yaris Hybrid, it looks like:

01. Air Filter to be replaced every 40k/4 years :shocking:

02. Pollen filter only replace "if" required during a full/Full+ service :jawdrop:

Do they actually still performed that well after so long??? :help:

IMG_20200504_165326.jpg

IMG_20200504_165313.jpg

For me 4 years are too long to replace them. Only cost £16 for both to DIY so I will replace at 2 years interval for my relatively low mileage per annum. 

I don't take the car for dealer service. Get an oil and filter change each year at £45 from a local garage. Saved much cash doing this, without spending on dealer service price, recently spent 200 on 4 new tyres. 

When I have the facility/storage space to change the oil myself I shall invest in 4 axle stands and 1 hydraulic jack (got 1 already) to DIY change. Can work out under £15 per change. 

• Like 1

These just arrived. Got the dash cam from Amazon for £22. Using it for the rear, got one for the front already which cost much more. The sticker to get tailgaters off my back 😎

IMG_20200504_175955.jpg

• Like 1

I agree

Thought about renting a proper 4 poster hydraulic in a industrial est?:g:

Screenshot_2020-05-04-18-08-33-52.png

24 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

These just arrived. Got the dash cam from Amazon for £22. Using it for the rear, got one for the front already which cost much more. The sticker to get tailgaters off my back 😎

IMG_20200504_175955.jpg

Dummy cameras? :g: 

1 hour ago, Wayne2015 said:

For my Yaris Hybrid, it looks like:

01. Air Filter to be replaced every 40k/4 years :shocking:

02. Pollen filter only replace "if" required during a full/Full+ service :jawdrop:

Do they actually still performed that well after so long??? :help:

Toyota service schedules have changed twice since the service & warranty book was published for your car.

In 2016, they revamped the services and introduced the Full+ service which included longer term service items (eg spark plug change, coolant change, etc) as and when they were due.

In 2019, they dropped the Full+ service and returned to charging for longer term service items in addition to the Full service. So if a Full service is now due as well as, for example, a spark plug change, customers will be offered the Full service and a separate charge for the spark plug change.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

Dummy cameras? :g: 

No...dummy 🙂

Ape-man C370 

theres an £8 off code. 

As for renting the hydraulic lift why? Unless u are good with the car mechanically to change stuff? I can only DIY the most basic stuff like filters, spark plugs; although I manage to changed an alternator for a Micra and a radiator on a corolla once 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Here is the difference between old and new cabin filter, two months and 10k miles on uk motorways, a lots of carbon buildup and smells like fumes. 

9D95F5CE-9B54-47DD-98CB-C2E46AC19C4F.jpeg

90F86EA0-1098-4D00-B28C-24F8A1E26BE2.jpeg

10k mile in 2 months, more than I do in a regular year. I probably change it twice a year for that mileage!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1