Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Me A Yaris Hybrid! (Sequel to Find Me An Auris Hybrid!)

Wayne2015

1 hour ago, snowBALLs said:

10k mile in 2 months, more than I do in a regular year. I probably change it twice a year for that mileage!

Yes, I use the car for my work. Before that was my girlfriend’s car and she drives around 2k miles a year and the pollen filter was pretty much same condition when I was changing it every 12 months, sometimes more often even very low miles were covered. My dad lives in small town and he drives less than 5k miles  a year a his car filter is never that black, just normal debris and leaves but no carbon from pollution. 

Was installing the Dashcam for the rear window yesterday, the cable only manage to reach the glovebox, so now ordered a 3 way 12v socket splitter with 80cm cable from China. Guess the Dashcam was designed to be install to the front screen with the cable being a bit short for the back. 

While I was at it, checked out the pollen filter, it was dirty with bits of leaves etc. Doesn't look as dirty as yours Tony. Didn't take photo as my hands were dirty and didn't want to use the phone. Will take some photos when the filter gets change, it's on order atm due to arrive this week. 

Slime puncture arrived today and will go in the boot for future repairs. 3 ways splitter below on order. 

IMG_20200506_111348.jpg

Screenshot_20200506-114348.jpeg

• Like 1

Is that a CAR tyre repair kit (as opposed to a bicycle one)??? :jawdrop:

Went into Morrisons today, MASSIVE queue, But lovely sunshine :geek: 

Shown my NHS card at the til, automatic 10% off :drunk: 

Yaris was covered in bird poo though, took baby wipes out and cleaned up :driving:

Its for the car, the kit has good reviews. Never attempted before on a car, will give it a go, doesn't look too difficult. Save a tenner from the local tyre shop. 

I'm seeing more vehicles on the road now, in anticipation on lockdown easing, also because many have couped up indoors for a long time. 

My car also needs a wash, it's pretty dirty. 

The yanks love them tyre plugs, hope your feeling strong tho

last 2 times I have been shopping no queue at all, but im now on total lock down so can't go out (out to the car and that's it)

Its for the car, the kit has good reviews. Never attempted before on a car, will give it a go, doesn't look too difficult. Save a tenner from the local tyre shop. 

I'm seeing more vehicles on the road now, in anticipation on lockdown easing, also because many have couped up indoors for a long time. 

My car also needs a wash, it's pretty dirty. 

Let us know how u get on with the repair kit (not that we want u to have a puncture! :clown::thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, flash22 said:

now on total lock down so can't go out (out to the car and that's it)

Eh? :g:

Since Feb I have only been going out for essentials every 2 weeks or so (fully kitted up with respirator and gloves) - I'm classed as extremely vulnerably to Covid-19, my paper work only got processed last week, that's government being efficient for you

I'm on immunosuppressants it has taken 5 weeks to become registered - That gives me access to other services and preferred delivery slots with the supermarkets

Edit. i meant walk out to the car and back

TL:DR. If get Covid-19 it will kill me

• Sad 1

Looks like my quiet drives to and from work will shorty be at an end. You would never guess there was a lockdown lol

Best trip has been 94mpg returning back from work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, flash22 said:

Since Feb I have only been going out for essentials every 2 weeks or so (fully kitted up with respirator and gloves) - I'm classed as extremely vulnerably to Covid-19, my paper work only got processed last week, that's government being efficient for you

I'm on immunosuppressants it has taken 5 weeks to become registered - That gives me access to other services and preferred delivery slots with the supermarkets

Edit. i meant walk out to the car and back

TL:DR. If get Covid-19 it will kill me

Yes, that's sounds right according to online reports. A mad rush, hence mistakes and letters going out late...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8292553/More-100-000-people-wrongly-told-extremely-vulnerable-coronavirus.html 

You stay safe, buddy :thumbsup:

23 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

Looks like my quiet drives to and from work will shorty be at an end. You would never guess there was a lockdown lol

Best trip has been 94mpg returning back from work.

You know something that we don't, Ant? :g: 

Earliest seem to be June (some lifting say older years back to school, and some industries) - but most I would expect if can work from home, will stay home probably until July...) - my tuppence anyway :drunk:

15 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

Let us know how u get on with the repair kit (not that we want u to have a puncture! :clown::thumbsup:

Will update when it's time to use. I have seen my tyre guy done it numerous times, it looks not too bad. Need some strength to create a gap and then again insert the string. 

A question for all: does the Yaris hybrid have an AGM Battery? Wondering as I read the auris hybrid has it and someone are possibly having problem with it at 7 years old. 

• Thanks 1

All the Toyota hybrids use an AGM 12v Battery 7-10 years old is about right maybe even more, Due to recent events the battery's aren't getting the charge they need, if their a little weak it tends to kill them

• Like 1

Good. At the beginning of the lockdown I was driving the car about every 5 days, now I drive it 3-4 times a week short distance to go shopping or to the park to keep it charge a bit more, hopefully preventing the Battery from dying early. 

Good. At the beginning of the lockdown I was driving the car about every 5 days, now I drive it 3-4 times a week short distance to go shopping or to the park to keep it charge a bit more, hopefully preventing the battery from dying early. 

Mine be ok for 6 weeks now (drive about 15mins each way once a week) :thumbsup:

You know something that we don't, Ant? :g: 

Earliest seem to be June (some lifting say older years back to school, and some industries) - but most I would expect if can work from home, will stay home probably until July...) - my tuppence anyway :drunk:

Just commenting on how the locals are treating the lockdown. I’m the only one following it lol

1 hour ago, Anthony Poli said:

Just commenting on how the locals are treating the lockdown. I’m the only one following it lol

You mean you NOT local?! :shocking: 

Bloody foreigner, if Trump's found out he would literally send special agents to hunt you down! 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2020/may/06/trump-live-and-let-die-video

Screenshot_2020-05-07-18-41-34-53.png

Even the boy racers are going "shopping" in other words driving supermarket to supermarket, these people not following the rules will be the first to complain when they become ill or we have to back into a full lockdown

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/15/man-jailed-taking-granddads-dog-walk-lockdown-12559627/

The issue is a lot of (Scandinavia) have a different way of life, they naturally self distance in normal life

imho the NHS would have collapsed with the onslaught of daily life (car crashes, work place accidents and stabbings etc) then Covid-19 on top

• Like 1

Just watched Martin Lewis and he said -

"Undriven cars should be started once a week and driven back/forth a bit" :driving:

Screenshot_2020-05-07-20-28-05-14.png

Just watched Martin Lewis and he said -
"Undriven cars should be started once a week and driven back/forth a bit" :driving:
Screenshot_2020-05-07-20-28-05-14.thumb.png.19e427367d3e232fba603cbe4d9b59da.png

But I’m sure he said even if it’s electric [emoji23]

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links