Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Find Me A Yaris Hybrid! (Sequel to Find Me An Auris Hybrid!)

Wayne2015

13 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

But I’m sure he said even if it’s electric emoji23.png

Like Toyota hybrids, electric cars have brake disks that rust, tyres that flat spot and 12V batteries that need topping up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike J. said:

Like Toyota hybrids, electric cars have brake disks that rust, tyres that flat spot and 12V batteries that need topping up.

That reminds me to leave the handbrake OFF next time, as the automatic P position will hold the car anyway

:tabletalk:

That reminds me to leave the handbrake OFF next time, as the automatic P position will hold the car anyway

Keep the hand brake on, just not as tight as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok :thumbsup:

Carbon pollen filter arrived this morning. Left is the new filter, big difference even it's carbon grey colour. 

Dash cable only reached glovebox, so when the 3 way splitters arrive in a few weeks will cable tied it in that area. 

IMG_20200509_120514.jpg

IMG_20200509_120613.jpg

IMG_20200509_120437.jpg

IMG_20200509_120718.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, snowBALLs said:

Dash cable only reached glovebox, so when the 3 way splitters arrive in a few weeks will cable tied it in that area. 

From China during lockdown, could be next year :laughing:

20 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

From China during lockdown, could be next year :laughing:

China have eased restrictions last week or so! 😁 Postal service will still be around 2-4 weeks. There are a lot of tats from China, but they also make a lot of stuff which are semi decent and at such low cost with £/€. Got a lot useful cheap good items from eBay Chinese's sellers. 

Lol

Not having a go at China, 99.9% of things probably made in China

I meant, due to covid-19 - even the international speedy delivery, will now look like the 80s (monthly-long) speed :whistling::teehee:

tap the 12V socket and use an inline 12v socket, if you can't solder you can get them pre wire

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

tap the 12V socket and use an inline 12v socket, if you can't solder you can get them pre wire

Is this 12v cigarette socket fuse in the glovebox area? Any picture. 

Just tap the loom that goes to the plug for the factory 12V socket its fuse too 10A anything you plug in the new socket has its own fuse

It is easy enough to drop the wires down to it with a few bits of trim removed (mk3 yaris)

I didn't take any pictures as not a lot of people are interested

Don't know which loom the 12v is. I know how to tap the fuse box in the engine bay, but not the loom in the glovebox. Don't have the knowhow right now. 

Pics pics pics! 🖼️📸 :whistling: 

Video even better! 🎥

Easy for those in the know :notworthy: 

Getting stuffy at nights, just bought these for kids 🥵

Pre-lockdown speedy delivery extra few quids, but now requires a COURIER delivery of £49 :jawdrop:

IMG_20200510_085507.jpg

At that price Wayne, I would be cancelling them.  Probably get something similar fro a Pound type shop. You need a USB supply anyway.

Hello there, long time no see you here 🙂

its free delivery, so not opted for the courier one :clap: also USB is for charging the rechargeable Battery (I think) 🤔

That's nothing unusual on eBay they do it so it's not used (universal template) - Its common to see out of stock items still listed at £999 or some other random high price, as it costs traders to relist items

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

That's nothing unusual on eBay they do it so it's not used (universal template) - Its common to see out of stock items still listed at £999 or some other random high price, as it costs traders to relist items

Ah I see

Thanks again "Mr 'ask Jeeves'" :thumbsup:

Well, it's the first time I noticed it anyway :clap:

I have had an eBay account for many years, i buy more than i sell as it can be too much hassle

Had a look for when i setup the account.......................... May 2002 - now i feel old

8 hours ago, flash22 said:

I have had an eBay account for many years, i buy more than i sell as it can be too much hassle

Had a look for when i setup the account.......................... May 2002 - now i feel old

Just checked mine : Jun 2008 :whistling: 

Though, I bet in real life you are still far younger than I

On 5/10/2020 at 9:02 AM, Wayne2015 said:

Getting stuffy at nights, just bought these for kids 🥵

Pre-lockdown speedy delivery extra few quids, but now requires a COURIER delivery of £49 :jawdrop:

IMG_20200510_085507.jpg

Glad didn't pay £50 courier delivery

Ordered yesterday (Sunday), and taxi delivered today!

:band:

With my limited ability on cars, found the interior fusebox 😎. May hardwire 1 or both Dashcam to that. Just thinking of getting a cheap hardwire kit and tap it to a non continuous power i.e ACC 5amp or other lower amps fuse. The better kits has voltage drop protection which connects to the Battery I believe. 

Was also looking into getting a permanent multi 12v sockets. But cannot see anywhere that can fit this to, maybe only 1 socket to the plastic panel by the passenger right leg. 

Anyway I have a bigger more annoying problem to solve:

Left mirror indicator bulb is not working, finally I have come round to trying to sort it out. Change the bulb but still isn't working with 3 other bulbs! 😤 Haven't got a multimeter with me so improvised by using a 9v Battery to test the bulbs, all those bulbs are working fine! 

All other indicator lights and bulbs are working on the outside including electric mirrors. So this leads me to think that there is break in one or both wires from the loom to the bulb. This is going to be challenging for my limited ability 😡. Unless there could be other path to look into, those with better technical expertise can suggest. 

While this is not overly important to fix, it's quite annoying not having it working. 

IMG_20200513_142240.jpg

Screenshot_20200513-170257.jpeg

Edited by flash22

30 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

Anyway I have a bigger more annoying problem to solve:

Left mirror indicator bulb is not working, finally I have come round to trying to sort it out. Change the bulb but still isn't working with 3 other bulbs! 😤 Haven't got a multimeter with me so improvised by using a 9v battery to test the bulbs, all those bulbs are working fine! 

All other indicator lights and bulbs are working on the outside including electric mirrors. So this leads me to think that there is break in one or both wires from the loom to the bulb. This is going to be challenging for my limited ability 😡. Unless there could be other path to look into, those with better technical expertise can suggest. 

While this is not overly important to fix, it's quite annoying not having it working. 

That's a bummer then :jawdrop: 

As the other side is working, it's not the fuse then...

Can you trade the wire from wing mirror to inside car to check there?

29 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

That's a bummer then :jawdrop: 

As the other side is working, it's not the fuse then...

Can you trade the wire from wing mirror to inside car to check there?

Tracing is the difficult part with panels and trims, fixing it will be even more difficult as there are very limited space to work with. 

Once I had a car with certain electric window(s) not working properly. Paid someone a tenner to fix it, he did a cowboy job and didn't really fix it. Just got it working for a bit. I eventually took off the door panel and traced it to corroded wires. Cut off the corroded wires and joined new wires to them. 

Door panel I think is much easier to see and work with, the mirror is going to be hard! I don't know if am capable. Will have a look at how difficult it is to take off the trim/panels when I have time.

• Sad 1