Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Find Me A Yaris Hybrid! (Sequel to Find Me An Auris Hybrid!)

Wayne2015

Perhaps they had the car as trade in, sold it on to you without bothering to change the setup? If they put it on that way then it's clearly not so clever. 
I have always managed fine with used tyres from car purchase. Then once worn I get tyres I wanted, can afford rather. 

When they use the tyre shine and the tyres are just above 3mm. That proves the dealers are pulling a fast one. Especially when it’s serviced and checked and cleaned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really?! :blink:

My experience was , apart from private and private garages, all main dealers said to me they would change for NEW brakes or tyres - whenever I pointed them out its low either from the MOT online or my inspection :clap::driving: 

:band:

45 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

Really?! :blink:

My experience was , apart from private and private garages, all main dealers said to me they would change for NEW brakes or tyres - whenever I pointed them out its low either from the MOT online or my inspection :clap::driving: 

:band:

If you did not point it out, they will leave as it is, most probably. Its profit margin. 

Up until this current Yaris hybrid, all my previous ownership of cars were bought from private sellers as most were quite old and affordable. This current Yaris were bought from a garage and had 6mm on all corners, Dunlop blu response. *Actually I also got a mk1 Yaris 1.3 from a trader too. 

1 hour ago, Anthony Poli said:

When they use the tyre shine and the tyres are just above 3mm.

Then again 3mm is above the legal minimum (1.6mm), so the car would pass an MOT, etc.

• Haha 1

If I remembered right, all my main dealers cars took years before I had to replace any tyre s or brake pads (average 10k miles)

But, my last Auris bought privately had shredding inside the tyres and some of you might remember one went completely flat one day

My current Yaris bought from a private dealer, you already know

Even my Skoda bought from a Lloyds black horse dealer had a puncture driving home one nights , as the inside had split :jawdrop:

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 5:09 PM, Wayne2015 said:

My bad tyres (passenger side):

Front: 6 years old but, CRACKLING all around the tyre on the edges :jawdrop:

But, it does have GREEN STUFF brake pads (I think) :driving:

QUESTION: Shall I replace it IMMEDIATELY (as once the lockdown is over, I will be commuting on motorway daily) ? :helpsmilie:

IMG_20200514_170053.jpg

IMG_20200514_170109.jpg

IMG_20200514_170125.jpg

Well, sun is shining, more places opened - even my local tyre shop is opened :driving: 

So, thought get my 2 dodgy tyres replaced with some part-worn ones just to last me thru the summer (to be on the safe side):

01. Part-worn Dunlop (2013) with 5-6mm (£25)

02. Part-worn Nexen (2018) with 5-6mm (£25)

IMG_20200527_130442.jpg

IMG_20200527_130520.jpg

Then discovered my other side:

01. Nexen 2018 looks almost brand new

02. But, rear Nexen 2016 dosent look so good neither :bash: 

You think it looks ok? :help:

IMG_20200527_130504.jpg

Hi Wayne, any tyres that’s over 6yrs does pass our equivalent of the MOT, so I wouldn’t have tyres of that age as the stuff in them deteriorates with age. Hope this is helpful in your choice of tyres.

1 minute ago, Bernard Foy said:

any tyres that’s over 6yrs does pass our equivalent of the MOT

Passed? :g:

Maybe our MOT in Ireland demand stricter guidelines. They will definitely fail a car tyres over 6 years old even though they look perfect and have plenty of tread depth.

4 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

Passed? :g:

10 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Maybe our MOT in Ireland demand stricter guidelines. They will definitely fail a car tyres over 6 years old even though they look perfect and have plenty of tread depth.

Passed earlier in the year :cry: 

With very bad brakes + crackling tyre (6 years old, not 6+ years old)...:g:

IMG_20200527_133952.jpg

Hi, these tyres are gone by all means, it is time for new one for sure. Black circles has 15% off for nhs staff if you can manage like that if not there are still some good offers too. Choose something that is quiet, it makes big difference in Toyota cars. 
Regards 

32 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, these tyres are gone by all means, it is time for new one for sure. Black circles has 15% off for nhs staff if you can manage like that if not there are still some good offers too. Choose something that is quiet, it makes big difference in Toyota cars. 
Regards 

Thanks Tony :drunk:

Not sure about quiet - determine to get those all seasons you recommended last time - even if it's a slightly different profile...:kicking:

• Thanks 1

That is good, new tyres are always the best. The car will like it 👍

• Thanks 1

THREE weeks and the petrol in your tank is stale and damaging to the engine???!!!!:jawdrop: 

In my last Auris Hybrid, I only fill up just within 3 weeks, prior to that with a 3mile commute I fill up every 5 weeks :shock: 

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/national/uk_today/18484682.5-things-might-wrong-car-lockdown/

Screenshot_2020-05-30-08-31-13-33.png

That's scaremongering rubbish. Fill the tank and it's not a problem as there's very little space for oxygen -  it'll keep for at least 6 months. Otherwise, top the tank up when you start driving again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Certaainly not taking the advice of the Telegraph and Argus writer. Sounds like a load of nonsense to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought it was a bit extreme too :shock:

Technically petrol degrades as soon as its produced the ethanol is hygroscopic but petrol is hydrophobic, when left to settle it will separate, just by driving will agitate the fuel

if you left a car for 6-12 months it may become an issue

• Thanks 1

If petrol left for only three weeks damages engines, every new car imported into the UK which spend a number of weeks in compounds before delivery to dealers, would have engine damage. So would cars, new or used, for sale on garage premises.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

As usual a journalist takes facts and distorts them, just like how oxygen we breathe causes us harm the timescale of these things are not quite as they seem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop breathing the oxygen it's deadly !!

There have been some really distorted ones

Toast - eating burnt to can raise the risks of cancer - what they forgot to say is you need to eat 40-50 burnt slices a day

Spiders - the False back black widow is a killer - they rarely bite and its no more than a very mild bee sting, 0.000001 of cases may result in anaphylaxis

You have more chance of dying from being wrapped up in your own bedsheets (yes that is a thing)

chart.thumb.jpeg.7e1a188bd3378bedf4447c06961d1c58.jpeg

• Haha 1

Masks provide no protection

No need to wear a mask

Well, if you really want to

Maybe then

Compulsory to wear masks from June 15! 😷

Want to ask a friend or 50/50 maybe ask the audience then? If you really want to...maybe not...🤣 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52927089

Screenshot_2020-06-06-19-18-28-34.png

Hard enough to get by with lockdown, but having your 'cat' nicked as well :eek: 

Can't believe this is still going on, you would have thought with more people at home (more eyes) and more Police available (less work during lockdown) , 'cat' thieves would be less too...:g: 

https://blog.toyota.co.uk/catalytic-converter-theft-how-to-protect-your-car

Screenshot_2020-06-06-19-58-57-76.png