Wayne2015

Find Me A Yaris Hybrid! (Sequel to Find Me An Auris Hybrid!)

Recommended Posts

Hi all

 

After my Gen1 Auris was written-off (see link):

 

 

 

 

I have decided to replace it with a newer MK4 Yaris Hybrid Excel

My high expectation criteria's are, MUST HAVE/BE:

01. MK4 Yaris Hybrid (2017-)...so, there is road tax 😔

02. Sat Nav 🚦

03. Panoramic Roof 🌞

04. Convenience Pack (or is it Smart Pack) with folding electric wing mirrors 🍹

05. Right colour 🤔 

 

Preferables:

06. Part/leather

07. TSS (Toyota Safety Sense)

08. Design/Bi-Tone version (machined alloys!)

09. Low mileage!

10. From a dealership!

ll for a budget of £10k 💰 

 

 

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE ?!!!

That's why I am hoping with the POWER of this FORUM and its 100s of 1000s of members, that someone will find this Yaris on sale for me! :clapping: 

 

Will you help?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what co!our/s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

05 Right.

Is that a new colour, not heard of it before.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Catlover said:

05 Right.

Is that a new colour, not heard of it before.

Hope u not stalking me 🙄

U seem to be everywhere on this forum 🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

So what co!our/s?

So far find BLACK not to my liking

Most colours seem ok, surprising WHITE does not suit the MK4 (but looks spot-on on the MK3) - so not decided yet ref colour 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to ask...

My Auris headlights are really REALLY poor 😳 

 

But upgrading them say to Nightbreakers and they blow pretty quick

 

So question:

01. How bad or good are the Yaris Hybrid MK4 headlights?

 

02. Are Excel Projector headlights any better?

 

03. What does it mean when the spec states "LED headlights" ? 

 

04. Does the Yaris come with xenon headlights ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never had a black car, and its still bottom of my picking list.  Looks fine when clean, but a few drops of rain spoils the effect.   Mostly I have had silver cars, they tend to hide road dirt very well. Current Prius is Hypersonic Red, which shows the car off extremely well IMO.  I have had white cars and they ok. Some nice colours in the Yaris range

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've had a metallic and a pearlescent black car (not Toyotas). Wouldn't have another black car as they seem to show every little nick and mark.

Have had a metallic dark grey (Mazda) and that was OK - in fact we've just ordered a new car in two-tone (metallic dark grey with pearlescent black mirrors, pillars and roof). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You had me ticking all the boxes until you expressed a dislike for black (as is mine) and "All for a budget of 10k"! You are having a laugh? The current webuyanycar valuation on my March 2017 (NO Road Tax!) and mileage of 13573 is £12,000!! 😉 (oh, and btw, it ticks ALL the other boxes you mentioned apart from TSS which wasn't available then)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

We've had a metallic and a pearlescent black car (not Toyotas). Wouldn't have another black car as they seem to show every little nick and mark.

Have had a metallic dark grey (Mazda) and that was OK - in fact we've just ordered a new car in two-tone (metallic dark grey with pearlescent black mirrors, pillars and roof). 

Got a pic of this 2-tone car (coz the Yaris also got a trim called bi-tone)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, CPN said:

You had me ticking all the boxes until you expressed a dislike for black (as is mine) and "All for a budget of 10k"! You are having a laugh? The current webuyanycar valuation on my March 2017 (NO Road Tax!) and mileage of 13573 is £12,000!! 😉 (oh, and btw, it ticks ALL the other boxes you mentioned apart from TSS which wasn't available then)

Hence MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 😅 

The cheapest MK4 icon tech I seen is £10,995 from a Toyota dealership with 54k on clock

So, not impossible for an excel as we edge closer to the new March plates and influx of trade-ins 🙏 

Personally, I think I may have to compromised and get a MK3 instead (my original intention) 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking at the Cazoo web site Saturday evening, interesting offers they do.... like 7 day/250 mile trial, they collect if no likely.

https://www.cazoo.co.uk/used-cars/toyota/yaris/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Catlover said:

I was looking at the Cazoo web site Saturday evening, interesting offers they do.... like 7 day/250 mile trial, they collect if no likely.

https://www.cazoo.co.uk/used-cars/toyota/yaris/

Cool !

Only found one car with just a partial match on there 😞

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its still a Gen 3/MK3 yaris (2nd facelift), The New mk4 comes out later this year (2020)

tbh you looking near the £12k mark, be aware after late 2016 the tax rates changed and the is not road tax Free, some early 2017 cars on a 66 plate are tax free (15" alloys)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Its still a Gen 3/MK3 yaris (2nd facelift), The New mk4 comes out later this year (2020)

tbh you looking near the £12k mark, be aware after late 2016 the tax rates changed and the is not road tax Free, some early 2017 cars on a 66 plate are tax free (15" alloys)

U are right!

MK3 facelift it is! 👍 

 

Ref road tax, I thought tax rate only changed for cars registered from April 2017 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

Hence MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 😅 

The cheapest MK4 icon tech I seen is £10,995 from a Toyota dealership with 54k on clock

So, not impossible for an excel as we edge closer to the new March plates and influx of trade-ins 🙏 

Personally, I think I may have to compromised and get a MK3 instead (my original intention) 🤔

2017 excel for 10k ain't happening even if we all want for u haha. Your are lucky to get a 2016, although I haven't checked. Yes same for me BM 2series 220d auto coupe 2016 for 10k 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

2017 excel for 10k ain't happening even if we all want for u haha. Your are lucky to get a 2016, although I haven't checked. Yes same for me BM 2series 220d auto coupe 2016 for 10k 😉

Ye have little faith

 

There is always hope 🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its also the congestion charge that changed, 2 identical hydrids one supplied with 15" wheels and the other  16" wheels - Mrs 16" alloys has to pay - Mr 15" alloys gets it for free

hybrids especially the yaris command a premium for some reason

i missed out on a rare excel what had ever option - its not often you see and excel let alone one with the pano roof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, flash22 said:

Its also the congestion charge that changed, 2 identical hydrids one supplied with 15" wheels and the other  16" wheels - Mrs 16" alloys has pay - Mr 15" alloys gets it for free

hybrids especally the yaris command a premium

i miss out on a rare excel what had ever option - its not often you see and excel let alone one with the pano roof

I know

But, I am willing to compromise when the time is up

 

Probably lose the roof + folding mirrors and stick with MK3 facelift Excel + SatNav :driving:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They CC had changed for 15" from April 2019, have to pay for London CC. 

Yes excel isn't readily available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

They CC had changed for 15" from April 2019, have to pay for London CC. 

Yes excel isn't readily available. 

London is not a problem, as the last time I was there was over a decade ago 😅 

 

As for road tax, again not a problem £145 isn't it for the worst Yaris 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£10k for an Excel does look like a tall order.  If you have £10k in your pocket and you walk into a showroom at the right time......maybe you strike lucky Wayne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
U are right!
MK3 facelift it is!  
 
Ref road tax, I thought tax rate only changed for cars registered from April 2017 
Correct. Mine was registered 8/3/2017 and is Road Tax free.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Catlover said:

£10k for an Excel does look like a tall order.  If you have £10k in your pocket and you walk into a showroom at the right time......maybe you strike lucky Wayne.

I do have a wad of lovely sweaty Great British pounds in my hand....but sadly cash is no longer king - every single Toyota I enquired about a car, the first thing they say is "do u need finance" 😔 

 

LUCKY is my middle name :clapping:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...