Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Me A Yaris Hybrid! (Sequel to Find Me An Auris Hybrid!)

Wayne2015

My Yaris now both TAXed and INSUREd online :yahoo::band:

IMG_20200317_200615.jpg

Screenshot_2020-03-17-20-07-05-23.png

Just in time to stay home for a couple months!

9 minutes ago, MagicBoy said:

Just in time to stay home for a couple months!

Eh? :yawn:

Headlight comparisons:

2020 Corolla LED 

Vs

2013 Yaris Projector

Vs

2020 Aygo Reflector

IMG_20200318_054851.jpg

IMG_20200318_054910.jpg

IMG_20200318_054810.jpg

Same 15 miles town/A-road commute:

2013 Yaris Hybrid

Vs

2020 Aygo Petrol (manual)

IMG20200317055635.jpg

IMG20200318054443.jpg

• Like 1

Now then,

Used to the setup like the Aygo:

1. Stereo power/vol button on left

2. USB socket accessible in central dash

So, WHY is the Yaris 

1. Button on right? I now always turn the WRONG button :wallbash: 

2. USB in glove box :wheelchair:

IMG20200318155946.jpg

IMG20200318164921.jpg

The pre-facelift Aygo (2014-May 2018) has the power button on the right as well.

Strange then :g:

My 2012 Auris had it on the left :sorcerer: 

But, the USB stick was STILL in the glove box :taz:

The facelift first generation Auris (2010-2012) had both the Aux and USB in the glovebox probably as a quick and easy solution to providing the facility (the 2007-2010 Auris had neither). 

The Aygo (2014 onwards) head units are shared with the C1/108 and are different systems to Toyota's Touch, Touch 2, etc.

• Thanks 1

One week since unable to buy LOO PAPER, back to ALDI/LIDL and STILL no loo paper :taz: 

Nor FRESH MEAT 🥩

Nor BREAD 🍞

And now with all schools to shut after this Friday, how in the world are we going to feed and have loo paper for them :shocking:

Screenshot_2020-03-18-18-28-19-15.png

Has anyone joined the Toyota 5+ Club and find the discounts worthwhile? :g:

:tabletalk:

Screenshot_2020-03-19-07-17-45-24.png

Screenshot_2020-03-19-07-15-17-18.png

Screenshot_2020-03-19-07-15-48-98.png

Screenshot_2020-03-19-07-16-01-34.png

Which nicer....WHITE or BLUE ? :boat:

IMG_20200319_111817.jpg

• Like 2

Honest answer: 

white,. If it’s a Toyota has to be White same as if it’s a Mercedes has to be Black no doubt 😁, the colour doesn’t really matter that much as long as you like the car and the specs that you need are there, that’s what matters, and most importantly to be reliable. Your colour is good enough, I like it and the car looks very well equipped , 66,mpg hey that’s a real deal. 👍🚙

• Like 1

Yes, 66mpg :driving::cheers:

Looking forward to April when the motorway commute commences - eager to know if it maintains the 60+mpg benchmark :boat: 

After, a few days, GOD - the amount of scratches (white) and dents on the Yaris is unbelievable :crazy:

• Like 1

Darker colour and you see all the marks and scratches. And thanks to the whoever maintained the roads and that stupid hungry for money decision to grit the roads with salt every morning where there is no need at all, these totally kills the cars and damage the roads but not help with driving safety because there is no need, what a nonsense. The cars in England rust because of the salt on the roads not because of the rain and moisture in air, plus paint work can be total wreck in few years if you are regular motorway driver. 

14 white, 14 hours until its dirty again and usually 14 days longer to sell privately

Any colour as long as its not Red (fades) White (never stays clean) or Black (shows every mark)

Mine is island blue (8T7) i don't have any problems finding that in a carpark

Dont forget the yaris did come in the yellow, yellow bi tone and orange editions

eg.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202002067045454?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&make=TOYOTA&sort=relevance&advertising-location=at_cars&model=YARIS&postcode=yo11aa&price-from=500&trim=Orange Edition&page=1

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/yaris/toyota-yaris-hatchback-special-editio-1-5-hybrid-yellow-edition-5dr-cvt-2016-66/10346173

We don't have any particular preference for colour, although for solid colours if given a choice of white or red, we plump for red.

Our cars in the last 20 years have been -

Metallic silver

Pearlescent black

Metallic medium blue

Solid red

Metallic light blue

Metallic dark grey

Solid red

Solid red

Solid white

Metallic silver

Solid red

(and this year two tone) Metallic dark grey/pearlescent black

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Darker colour and you see all the marks and scratches. And thanks to the whoever maintained the roads and that stupid hungry for money decision to grit the roads with salt every morning where there is no need at all, these totally kills the cars and damage the roads but not help with driving safety because there is no need, what a nonsense. The cars in England rust because of the salt on the roads not because of the rain and moisture in air, plus paint work can be total wreck in few years if you are regular motorway driver. 

I remembered on the motorway, approaching a gritter in the middle lane,.

How do I overtake?

On the left, illegal

On the right, will get stone chipped anyway

Stay back? But will take forever 

Shall I speed up and overtake like a driver with diahorrea :wheelchair::driving:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

14 white, 14 hours until its dirty again and usually 14 days longer to sell privately

Any colour as long as its not Red (fades) White (never stays clean) or Black (shows every mark)

Mine is island blue (8T7) i don't have any problems finding that in a carpark

Dont forget the yaris did come in the yellow, yellow bi tone and orange editions

eg.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202002067045454?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&make=TOYOTA&sort=relevance&advertising-location=at_cars&model=YARIS&postcode=yo11aa&price-from=500&trim=Orange Edition&page=1

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/yaris/toyota-yaris-hatchback-special-editio-1-5-hybrid-yellow-edition-5dr-cvt-2016-66/10346173

Metallic maroon red, does that fade too? :g:

8 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

We don't have any particular preference for colour, although for solid colours if given a choice of white or red, we plump for red.

Our cars in the last 20 years have been -

Metallic silver

Pearlescent black

Metallic medium blue

Solid red

Metallic light blue

Metallic dark grey

Solid red

Solid red

Solid white

Metallic silver

Solid red

(and this year two tone) Metallic dark grey/pearlescent black

Rainbow next time? :jerry:

47 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

Metallic maroon red, does that fade too? :g:

Just solid red, the pigments oxidize and you end up with a bloom

• Thanks 1

20/30 years ago I saw some really bad red cars, not much these days though.

White, I would buy a white any day (if it suited the car) but never ever a black.

• Like 1

Most red cars nowadays have a lacquer top coat, which helps reduce the red bloom that used to be associated with red.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

20/30 years ago I saw some really bad red cars, not much these days though.

White, I would buy a white any day (if it suited the car) but never ever a black.

I remembered when cars only had solid paintwork, and WHITE was the trend, until the 80s (???), solid white was so uncool, that the NEW silver become popular instead (90/00s ???) - now WHITE is cool again - how come?

The WHITE just look different to the OLD white? Why? Is it because it's metallic? A particular shade of white? :tabletalk:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

I remembered when cars only had solid paintwork, and WHITE was the trend, until the 80s (???), solid white was so uncool, that the NEW silver become popular instead (90/00s ???) - now WHITE is cool again - how come?

The WHITE just look different to the OLD white? Why? Is it because it's metallic? A particular shade of white? :tabletalk:

Last three years the trendy colours are grey and all grey varieties including off white as some has called, no joke but I like a white Toyotas especially the pearl white that very often in evening under street lights looks like silver, kind of like Toyota/Lexus trade mark, but even pure white in some cars look cool, I wouldn’t mind a new Corolla or Prius in pure white 👍. Black actually is very good and looks the shiniest when clean but you have to wash it every day. White, silver and light blue and light grey colours are one of the best, can last longer whiteout wash, paint scratches hardly visible and lighter colours keeps interior cooler in hot summer days. The colours actually are the last thing that I watch if I watch at all when buying an used car. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links