Wayne2015

Find Me A Yaris Hybrid! (Sequel to Find Me An Auris Hybrid!)

Recommended Posts

Some dealerships decided to close entirely after the lockdown announcement rather than keep service open.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck shopping, the queuing is awful, I give up this morning a large store max of 50-100 people in store and 1 in, 1 out policy the wait was about 2 hours (11am) spacing 2 meters apart, the tills have sneeze guards on them and security is tight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

Right!

Ran out of fresh food today :shocking: 

So, planning to raid the local Asda this afternoon with my new, shiny, cleaned but SLOW Toyota Yaris Hybrid (via the bypass) 🚙 :driving:

(hope the battery is not dead yet!)

Wish me luck if I make it back alive and missed arrested by the 🚔🚨:laughing:

Am still alive! :yahoo: 

Back from Asda

Car park packed

Entrance guarded by masked staff keeping customers 2m apart

Inside was weirdly quiet with plenty in stock, even a few rolls of loo paper 🚽 

:band:

 

IMG20200326161420.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Good luck shopping, the queuing is awful, I give up this morning a large store max of 50-100 people in store and 1 in, 1 out policy the wait was about 2 hours (11am) spacing 2 meters apart, the tills have sneeze guards on them and security is tight

I went at 3pm today to pickup prescription from boots....big queue :shocking: 

So left without my medicine :sadwalk: 

Then drove on bypass at steady 50-60mph for 15mins (as Tony says :toast: ) and though Asda car park packed - it was quiet inside - max queue about ..1 person :tooth: 

Got told off before at Aldi "u can ONLY have THREE bananas!" :rifle: go

At Asda "er, sorry I got 5 bananas 🍌 would u like to take 2 off me?"

Staff "it's ok, just take em!" :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's it!

The conservatory party is doomed and the whole cabinet isolated!

 

Corbyn's in charge of our nation now in its darkest hour...:tabletalk:

 

IMG_20200327_163330.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Toyota UK...:driving:

IMG_20200327_201145.jpg

IMG_20200327_201209.jpg

IMG_20200327_201227.jpg

IMG_20200327_201243.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to get some touch up paint to fix stone chips and all closedown, at least I had an Oil and filter delivered yesterday, not that I will need them soon but knowing I have in stock important service parts makes me feel better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame u too far away, Tony 😞 

 

I still got my Pearl white touch up from my old Auris :sadwalk:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really wanted the "Android Auto" when I was searching for my Auris replacement 🗺️:driving: 

 

But, research shown quite distracting ...

IMG_20200328_131451.jpg

IMG_20200328_131509.jpg

IMG_20200328_131529.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything which takes the attention off the road when driving we can all agree on, it's bad. 

Hence I mentioned previously I do not like the sat nav screen in the Yaris, the position is bad and dangerous for me.  This apply to many other car manufacturers too. The Audi's I had were better with screen positioning higher up. Although it cannot beat a standalone where I can position anywhere on the windscreen to minimise eyes off the road. I wasn't fuss when the Yaris didn't come with sat Nav for my trim, i wouldn't have used it anyway over a standalone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

Anything which takes the attention off the road when driving we can all agree on, it's bad. 

Hence I mentioned previously I do not like the sat nav screen in the Yaris, the position is bad and dangerous for me.  This apply to many other car manufacturers too. The Audi's I had were better with screen positioning higher up. Although it cannot beat a standalone where I can position anywhere on the windscreen to minimise eyes off the road. I wasn't fuss when the Yaris didn't come with sat Nav for my trim, i wouldn't have used it anyway over a standalone. 

Agreed there, the Auris/Yaris so hard to see SatNav on a summer's day :ninja: 

Worse maybe now that I have a lovely panoramic roof :scared::lol1: 

Though, I still prefer it than panicking and driving mindless trying to find somewhere ...:driving:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Danger of keyless entry :scared: 

Toyota not on list, so secured? 🤔

 

My Auris had it :shocking:

But, not my Yaris :yahoo:

IMG_20200328_134609.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to have the experience owning a car with a panoramic roof one day. 

I always keep a standalone sat Nav in the car, the phone for back up where the sat Nav sometimes in the sticks, isn't accurate with the postcodes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

Toyota not on list, so secured? 

Not quite.

The current Corolla and Rav4 failed relay attacks when tested in 2019. Believe security has been improved on 2020 models.

See https://www.thatcham.org/what-we-do/security/consumer-rating/

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

I'd like to have the experience owning a car with a panoramic roof one day. 

I always keep a standalone sat Nav in the car, the phone for back up where the sat Nav sometimes in the sticks, isn't accurate with the postcodes. 

Buy one now!

 

Buy that silver one I posted earlier! :laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Not quite.

The current Corolla and Rav4 failed relay attacks when tested in 2019. Believe security has been improved on 2020 models.

See https://www.thatcham.org/what-we-do/security/consumer-rating/

Shocking a brand new Corolla model failing :scared:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

Shocking a brand new Corolla model failing :scared:

Which was last year.

Even more shocking that models introduced since are still failing relay attacks - eg. the new PSA based Vauxhall/Opel Corsa, Mazda CX30, Subaru Forester e-Boxer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Which was last year.

Even more shocking that models introduced since are still failing relay attacks - eg. the new PSA based Vauxhall/Opel Corsa, Mazda CX30, Subaru Forester e-Boxer.

:shocking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHICH? says Hybrids/electrics NOT as reliable as petrol (0-3 years) :scared::shocking:

 

But, Hybrids most reliable after 3 years:thumbup:

 

Even ELECTRIC still  LEAST reliable after Diesels :shock: :jawdrop:

IMG_20200328_141115.jpg

IMG_20200328_141128.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

WHICH? says Hybrids/electrics NOT as reliable as petrol (0-3 years)

Which is around the period (2016-2019) that other manufacturers have brought out hybrid versions of cars, and will include vehicles such as the Hyundai ioniq, Kia Niro, Ford Mondeo, Honda CRV, Suzuki Ignis, Mini Countryman, etc.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

Buy one now!

 

Buy that silver one I posted earlier! :laughing:

I want heated leather seats, heated and folding mirrors and xenon, too much to ask for a Yaris! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, snowBALLs said:

I want heated leather seats, heated and folding mirrors and xenon, too much to ask for a Yaris! 

I thought I needed a miracle when first looking for a late MK3 Yaris with all the toys for £10k 

 

Now, I think you not only need a miracle, but also your head examined :laughing: 

:gossip:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hybrids hold their money esp the Excel yaris models, within the M25 you can add a bit more to the price esp if they are tax and congestion exempt

Anyhoo, back to playing with window switches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The hybrids hold their money esp the Excel yaris models, within the M25 you can add a bit more to the price esp if they are tax and congestion exempt

Anyhoo, back to playing with window switches

Window switches? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Illuminated ones 😐 and its not plug and play from the Toyota parts bin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...