Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Me A Yaris Hybrid! (Sequel to Find Me An Auris Hybrid!)

Wayne2015

3 minutes ago, Anthony Poli said:

Nearly same colour as mine when it’s clean 😃

"Nearly" :laughing:

5 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Your cars alway look like new, I like clean cars a lot. 👍 here some pics from my job yesterday. Lockdown otherwise I will probably not pay that much of attention as I need only two days of work and the cat will be dirty again, but weekly mini valet keeps it on good condition. Twice a year hand polished and first time clay bar. imageproxy.php?img=&key=567b4e06530f0081

CE6876C8-C2D3-4286-8719-9466BF4CBD59.jpeg

410AB497-E8AE-478C-8683-B2D2ACD1E792.jpeg

599CEDCF-0EBD-4CE4-8D28-FF656BFF618F.jpeg

21892BBA-CAEF-4737-9A27-527520E73F12.jpeg

7E4F33EC-4A09-4C08-B78D-0CF98282F412.jpeg

Most people don't clean inside the fuel flap, so respect :toast: 

I missed my electric closing mirrors :sadwalk: 

non-Toyota Bosch flat Wiper Blades:g:

• Thanks 1

“non-Toyota Bosch flat wiper blades? :g:
- Correct, I did a research and according to all reviews these are the one to have especially if you are a motorway driver. There are  claims that this type are the best in heavy rain plus high speeds 😂 my 65mph it’s very high indeed, but anyway I just wanted to try them, and yes they actually are good but they all good when new😊. That guy has some nice reviews. 

• Thanks 1

I have had aero twins on many of my cars, give the blades a wipe once a month to keep them grit free, one thing I don't like it style the yaris uses, the black cover tends to pop open  if you don't clip it on exactly right

combined with Autoglym screen wash i have never had an issue, but be aware there are fakes and b-grade/old stock on eBay that ship from Jersey and Europe

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

“non-Toyota Bosch flat wiper blades? :g:
- Correct, I did a research and according to all reviews these are the one to have especially if you are a motorway driver. There are  claims that this type are the best in heavy rain plus high speeds 😂 my 65mph it’s very high indeed, but anyway I just wanted to try them, and yes they actually are good but they all good when new😊. That guy has some nice reviews. 

Nice!:toast:

Did yours squeak then? :g:

Interesting RAINX wipers :driving:

15 minutes ago, flash22 said:

I have had aero twins on many of my cars, give the blades a wipe once a month to keep them grit free, one thing I don't like it style the yaris uses, the black cover tends to pop open  if you don't clip it on exactly right

combined with Autoglym screen wash i have never had an issue, but be aware there are fakes and b-grade/old stock on eBay that ship from Jersey and Europe

You think the SINGLE blade Yaris is more effective than twin blade cars ?:g:

Looking at Tony's video, at least a single blade will not get more water being pushed by the 2nd blade....

21 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

You think the SINGLE blade Yaris is more effective than twin blade cars ?:g:

Looking at Tony's video, at least a single blade will not get more water being pushed by the 2nd blade....

errr Bosch flat blades are called Aero-Twin https://www.boschautoparts.com/en/auto/wiper-blades/oe-specialty-aerotwin

A single pantograph wiper has its benefits - no triangle of doom for a start

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, flash22 said:

A single pantograph wiper has its benefits - no triangle of doom for a start

Hubnut fans of the world unite! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Some nice clean cars there!

I gave mine a quick wash last week. Now dusty!

James.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Auris James said:

Some nice clean cars there!

I gave mine a quick wash last week. Now dusty!

James.

We need pics, James! :gathering:

• Thanks 1

My one doesn’t squeak yet, they are still new.

Cars pick up dust easily when parked and used frequently, I will wash my one every week even is clean, just to remove the dust. Done the hard work and now is going to be easy, even no need to take the jet wash out, only buckets and garden hose will do it. What car wash (shampoo)  are you using? 

My favourite is that one: Holts LOYHAPP0101A Car Shampoo https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MA75TZC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_amDKEb447N23N, 

but I had finished and currently use Simoniz Simoniz Shampoo and Wax 5lt https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00UBW3KOU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_xpDKEbXPRFRBN it’s not bad but this Holts one is so good that my previous car I was washing every week and even without hand polish when you touch the paint work you feel nice and smooth. : 

Nowhere to wash mine unfortunately. Still got some winter muck on it, plus three weeks dust. In a car park under the apartment building ... but no access to running water.

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

My one doesn’t squeak yet, they are still new.

Cars pick up dust easily when parked and used frequently, I will wash my one every week even is clean, just to remove the dust. Done the hard work and now is going to be easy, even no need to take the jet wash out, only buckets and garden hose will do it. What car wash (shampoo)  are you using? 

My favourite is that one: Holts LOYHAPP0101A Car Shampoo https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MA75TZC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_amDKEb447N23N, 

but I had finished and currently use some yellow stuff bought from Tesco , it’s not bad but this Holts one is so good that my previous car I was washing every week and even without hand polish when you touch the paint work you feel nice and smooth. : 

I am not that fussy when it comes to car shampoo - it's the preparation and wax/sealant that I am particular about

But, in the past I tend to stick with AutoGlym or Turtle Wax 😎 

Since, I no longer have a drive, I rarely wash my car - but ocassionaly do take it to my friends to wash, last time he used...

IMG20200321130848.jpg

• Like 1

And...

IMG20200321130827.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MagicBoy said:

Nowhere to wash mine unfortunately. Still got some winter muck on it, plus three weeks dust. In a car park under the apartment building ... but no access to running water.

Do what I do:

1. Just the glass/lights/alloys

- 2 wet cloths to clean as much dirt from glass/lights/alloys as possible

- spray RAINX 2-in-1 for quick clean/rain-repellant on all glass/lights. Then buff with microfibre cloths 😎

- baby wipe clean alloys

- dry alloys with kitchen towel

- add sealant to alloys. Buff with microfibre :driving:

2. Inside, just needs a good trims cleaner :kicking:

3. Car wash, not much I can do apart from take it to a car wash (or friend) - but I also have a neighbour who would wash my car for £5 (quick) or £25(mini valet) in my next street:sadwalk:

• Like 1

Jet washes at petrol stations still open?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MagicBoy said:

Jet washes at petrol stations still open?

Ah

I was talking in general (not lockdown) :laughing: 

But, if it was open, will the police still tell you to do one (non essential) ? :laughing:

• Like 1

There is a way to wash your cars without hose and running water, it is ok , I personally done it many times and no badly scratches.

You will need two buckets full with water, one with your regular shampoo mix and the other one with two synthetic chamois clothes inside. Do wash only if the car is cold and under shade , never under direct sunlight! 

1. Start washing your car from roof , windows, windshield, bonnet, boot, halfway doors, bumpers, if the car is very dirty change the bucket with new mixture fresh water and shampoo, now wash the bottom half of the doors, bumpers and wheels and tyres, use as much water on the washing mitt as possible, keep it wet and clean as much as you can. 

2 . Rinse the car using very wet cloth from the second bucket, start again top roof and work your way toward the bottom of the car, wheels and tyres last , use as much water as you can each time you apply the wet chamois cloth. 

3. Once the car is all rinsed dry with micro fibre cloth. 

4. Dry and c,Dan the door shuts, boot and bonnet shuts too if you like.

5. Now you can do the windows the way you like. 

6. Interior clean, you can use small 12v hoovers powered from cigarettes light socket or Battery one. 

7. Johnson baby wipes and microfibre cloth for interior panels, or microfibre cloth and Spray some multipurpose cleaner that has no strong agents in, I use detoll Bacteria killer without fragrance works best, and kills bacteria. 

Well that’s it,  now your car is clean and you can have a cup of tea or cappuccino and enjoy watching it. 👍🚙 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

We need pics, James! :gathering:

Ok here we go!

Just took some pictures.

James:thumbsup:

Toyota3.jpg

Toyota2.jpg

• Like 2

That blue Auris has got an Edinburgh plate on it, what's the dealer's name on the plate?

27 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

There is a way to wash your cars without hose and running water, it is ok , I personally done it many times and no badly scratches.

You will need two buckets full with water, one with your regular shampoo mix and the other one with two synthetic chamois clothes inside. Do wash only if the car is cold and under shade , never under direct sunlight! 

1. Start washing your car from roof , windows, windshield, bonnet, boot, halfway doors, bumpers, if the car is very dirty change the bucket with new mixture fresh water and shampoo, now wash the bottom half of the doors, bumpers and wheels and tyres, use as much water on the washing mitt as possible, keep it wet and clean as much as you can. 

2 . Rinse the car using very wet cloth from the second bucket, start again top roof and work your way toward the bottom of the car, wheels and tyres last , use as much water as you can each time you apply the wet chamois cloth. 

3. Once the car is all rinsed dry with micro fibre cloth. 

4. Dry and c,Dan the door shuts, boot and bonnet shuts too if you like.

5. Now you can do the windows the way you like. 

6. Interior clean, you can use small 12v hoovers powered from cigarettes light socket or battery one. 

7. Johnson baby wipes and microfibre cloth for interior panels, or microfibre cloth and Spray some multipurpose cleaner that has no strong agents in, I use detoll Bacteria killer without fragrance works best, and kills bacteria. 

Well that’s it,  now your car is clean and you can have a cup of tea or cappuccino and enjoy watching it. 👍🚙 

Thanks. As a fish tank owner, got the buckets already ... the issue is more getting the two buckets of water down to the car park from multiple floors up! Did a have a camping type water carrier somewhere now I think about it...

Interior is clean - luckily have a cordless Dyson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Auris James said:

Ok here we go!

Just took some pictures.

James:thumbsup:

Toyota3.jpg

Toyota2.jpg

Nice wheels! :toast:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MagicBoy said:

Thanks. As a fish tank owner, got the buckets already ... the issue is more getting the two buckets of water down to the car park from multiple floors up! Did a have a camping type water carrier somewhere now I think about it...

Interior is clean - luckily have a cordless Dyson.

I do NOT recommend this, but I have USE IT once before WITHOUT washing the car first :jawdrop:

I usually only used it when I need a QUICK DETAIL only AFTER a proper wash first

The one time I used it WITHOUT a wash was when I was enroute to a car show, and my car was on show, but I did used a wet cloth to wipe the bodywork first before using SHOWROOM SHINE water-less detailer...:laughing: 

So, if you are DESPERATE ....use at your peril! ......:hoover:

Screenshot_2020-04-11-16-44-56-32.png

39 minutes ago, Stivino said:

That blue Auris has got an Edinburgh plate on it, what's the dealer's name on the plate?

Well spotted! :toast:

2 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

Well spotted! :toast:

I spent many hours punching out blank number plates in a car dealership in Edinburgh when I was a lad so I clocked it immediately.

Does it say Western on the plate?  It could be Eastern but probably Western.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links