Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Me A Yaris Hybrid! (Sequel to Find Me An Auris Hybrid!)

Wayne2015

41 minutes ago, Stivino said:

That blue Auris has got an Edinburgh plate on it, what's the dealer's name on the plate?

It has been changed as bought from Inchcape Burton On Trent as they have added their business name on the bottom of the plate.

I believe the car was registered in Nottingham initially on a google search. Could have lived in Edinburgh at some point.

James. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stivino said:

I spent many hours punching out blank number plates in a car dealership in Edinburgh when I was a lad so I clocked it immediately.

Does it say Western on the plate?  It could be Eastern but probably Western.

Nope, Nottingham :laughing: 

But, only James can confirm that :band:

Screenshot_2020-04-11-16-59-06-68.png

• Like 1

It's an Edinburgh number so it was first registered here.

• Confused 3

Beautiful colour from the online pic, James 😍

IMG_20200411_170220.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

Beautiful colour from the online pic, James 😍

IMG_20200411_170220.jpg

Thanks. It was the colour that drew me to it and that it had done 26,000 miles. I wasn't keen initially on the wheels colour but have grown on me and don't show the brake dust.

James:thumbsup:

• Like 1

My mistake, I read it the wrong (old) way.

• Haha 1

That's resolved that.

James.

18 minutes ago, Stivino said:

It's an Edinburgh number so it was first registered here.

Eh? Anything from Scotland would start with an S...

5 minutes ago, MagicBoy said:

Eh? Anything from Scotland would start with an S...

I think I already said that I had made a mistake.

That’s why I was wondering, my car has similar number plate and comes from Nottingham . 

1 hour ago, Stivino said:

I think I already said that I had made a mistake.

Lost in translation :laughing:

Of the first two letters of the current number plate system (known as the memory tag) the first letter is an area identifier used by DVLA, and the second letter is the postal area. 

So in the case of James' Auris, the 'F' is 'Forest and the Fens', and 'P' is the postal area of Nottingham.

• Like 3

On 3/25/2020 at 4:41 PM, TonyHSD said:

Any one of the above it’s fine without staying on summer tyres. You can change the size too or stick with the same size, new wheels and tyres for the winter, as mentioned choose a size that is recommended as oem by the manufacturer even though it’s not for your trim level or equipment. Don’t go for 175 tyres on 15” wheels, 185 maybe ok but 175 it’s too narrow and your Yaris is heavier than 1.0 or 1.3 , it’s a hybrid, plus your car maybe equipped with larger discs and not able to fit, like is the case with auris gen 1 and 2. If you buy genuine wheels and comply with sizes correctly you don’t need to worry about insurance as it’s classed like accessories, no change to policy. You can play with tyre calculator and see what fits your car try to be as close as possible to the original size. 
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

Does this look right?

These GENUINE Toyota Yaris alloys 16"

States the RIM as 15J ???:g:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-TOYOTA-YARIS-16-INCH-8-SPOKE-SILVER-SINGLE-ALLOY-WHEEL-X1-2013-2020/293539847090?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item4458569bb2%3Ag%3AulcAAOSw9wxejaIv&enc=AQAEAAACYBPxNw%2BVj6nta7CKEs3N0qXn52Bvef34d6BrMS7J4G%2FZDomWBkw2ie%2B5hnQcSlM%2FseeUQvlq7ptfr%2B9irapRpyUbQilXRcaIYv4XqAwO9UlXOgDm%2Fr%2FxXaL%2BX5tMZdMCAJfN7vveU6Jc7rb0nuYajpjUtdfrelGPjsOiyF6NYJ8%2FBQPoHgjZm1W5gltK%2FolOt1MinVFcwRDQw1NE8QAd%2BbDElAd0juKl%2FlMWhk135DeESGDWjj0dsppjcylLfL%2BQwx6snKaq9zb27p%2BxEa4KEmB%2FxBDPd%2BYI8e1s%2BQEnGDqyflens3eGatLNNIpbTOMd%2Bq%2FOEbhjLEFKuwwBcSeCbaZn4MDF5C0iNNhuF9UGsCwTYcd2NBKjj%2FVIB9pppDBK0Yp9KDj4TTNr%2BYtxjYMsLqzKepF7uSpW1M38vyejB0iEAqBuz%2FfMuLAT%2FbuYtqoORcZcgPuCJC54DWxQpjh%2FeGndw3jaCtW9C%2F4odqt%2FkfXXzBAb%2BeKswNw%2FM0BAAJpcx5WIY8IHK%2FVwNDPuNdEtv%2BKEY%2FGnprry3MsFsV7cxtf5ESvqBlJpvV3JvCEH77p%2Ff9rbgtorQycwVetNgcM1R%2FWAhYFcbM1a0Gy54ieDcuZjWxvpev8Zpiga4LDRVHLIbs9WWWHjTGYeZLhzl%2Bky%2B0cbNKsVvlhHsw0UXTn3jNmlQHGmwG2yL8%2B6ndAm5z%2B3dANVQE6mVDkyxkFrueHCa5cVF4gVCHWJBUSej4qVyFTx%2B1Xgyroi453pa5GtPAicPTQ2hJ7ZMmepntXvkktJoZfyC812oSnn6czCf0jabG0E&checksum=293539847090b72faf28a9e043a691bdb0a840557eb0&LH_ItemCondition=4

But, according to EUDM 16" should be 16J??? :g:

Screenshot_2020-04-12-21-02-23-42.png

Screenshot_2020-04-12-21-02-31-83.png

Screenshot_2020-04-12-20-56-00-31.png

Screenshot_2020-04-12-20-56-21-39.png

Hi, 

you may ask the seller to check what is shown on the inside of the wheel, and meanwhile you can check yours plus manual book. The seller may have advertised them wrongly, 5 and 6 are easily mistaken. If they are 5J for sure they might come from Aygo  and not suitable for your car. I don’t know much about Yaris and Aygo, I am more to the Auris /Prius side as I had many of those but non of the smaller Toyotas. 
Regards 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 

you may ask the seller to check what is shown on the inside of the wheel, and meanwhile you can check yours plus manual book. The seller may have advertised them wrongly, 5 and 6 are easily mistaken. If they are 5J for sure they might come from Aygo  and not suitable for your car. I don’t know much about Yaris and Aygo, I am more to the Auris /Prius side as I had many of those but non of the smaller Toyotas. 
Regards 

Thanks Tony :toast:  

My user manual does state 16x6J 😎

I will ask seller just to make sure :gathering:

IMG20200413063810.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

Thanks Flash! (See pic :hehe: )

I seen that eBay item, discarded it because the alloy was scruffed :sadwalk:

IMG_20200413_183549.jpg

21 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

Seller came back and confirmed it's 16J :toast: 

So, I bought it now :kicking:

Will be use this (full size) to replace my space saver :driving: 

Question now, shall I spend more on a NEW tyre for the spare (or just get a part worn one) now? :g:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

Thanks Flash! (See pic :hehe: )

I seen that eBay item, discarded it because the alloy was scruffed :sadwalk:

IMG_20200413_183549.jpg

I was referring to the pic in that ad i posted for reference, hay ho you purchased it

• Haha 1

It's here! :yahoo: 

But, ain't touching it for 72 hours (covid-19) :whistling:

IMG20200415135012.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Another 3 weeks lockdown! :jawdrop:

Even supermarket queues grown today ONLY :scared: 

Never seen a queue before at my local Aldi, but this afternoon - HUGE queue outside

So, decided to go to local Asda - HUGE queue :shocking:

Ok, Morrison ought to be ok? 

HUGE queue at 3:30pm :sadwalk:

Screenshot_2020-04-16-19-06-19-20.png

Drove my Yaris

But, compared to my old Auris, the petrol engine sounds rather loud and shaky? :g: 

Surely, NOT a rattling cam chain? :g:

Surely, NOT something loose in engine? :g:

Need, another same year Yaris Hybrid to compare.....

:gathering:

They can be a bit gruff when they have been sitting, it takes a while to get up to temp and get the oil flowing, turn the radio up ? Or add some sound deadening

shopping this morning an hour and 5 in the queue hour and 15 shopping

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

They can be a bit gruff when they have been sitting, it takes a while to get up to temp and get the oil flowing, turn the radio up ? Or add some sound deadening

shopping this morning an hour and 5 in the queue hour and 15 shopping

Thanks, Flash!

That's re-assuring to know ref Yaris :toast:

At £50 a rim, would love to buy these as my SUMMER wheels (and keep my original ones as WINTER wheels) :driving: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-Of-Genuine-16-Inch-TOYOTA-YARIS-Motorsport-Alloy-Wheels-Rims-7x16-ET45-4x100/164052770962?hash=item26324ea092%3Ag%3ADaAAAOSwpB5elXoh&LH_ItemCondition=4

Shame, they don't fit my Yaris :sadwalk:

IMG_20200416_193126.jpg

IMG_20200416_193145.jpg

IMG_20200416_193205.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links