Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Head lamp condensation

Tutunaughty

Hi all,

I noticed my offside head lamp is building up condensation during winter. I saw its a bit of a mission to get the headlamp out as I need to undo the bumper to get at the side bolts. 

My MOT is due next month so thought I would start investigating. Anyone else had the same issues on the T25 facelift Avensis?

Thanks

I took the rubber bulb cover off a Honda Accord I once owned and the condensation cleared up the next day.

I'll give that a go. If that doesn't work I will take out the head lamp.

Take rubber cover off (remove bulb if you want) and then warm things up with a hairdryer..

I had the same thing in one headlight when I bought the car but it has now cleared. I always drive with the lights on (I live in Sweden) so could the heat generated by the lights have dried out the condensation?

I have taken the rubber seal off the high beam and the plastic cover off the main head light. Will let it dry out and then get a hair dryer on it.

Does anyone know where the breather or venting pipes are on these head lamps? I have seen them as funny rubber tubes on other cars and didn't know what what were?

UPDATE: I got a hair dryer it and as I looked in the back where the rubber seal was. I could see water in behind the reflective part in the back of the head lamp making waves from the hair dryer. So mission for the week end is to loosen the bumper and take out the head lamp for further investigation...