Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P1271

Jimjamtastic

Hi.

Had a mechanic look at my car (engine management light and check engine brake on dashboard). P1271 fault reading on diagnostic checks . Been told its likely (not 100%) the injection driver (part no 89871-20080). Also been told its not a part that has to be coded to my car, so thinking of buying from a salvage yard to keep costs down. The car drives fine but would like rid of engine management light. Just wondered if anybody had experienced similar fault code and  what fix was undertaken before I start to buy parts(hopefully not the wrong ones).

Moved to the Avensis club.

AFAIK the EDU is just a 'dumb' voltage translation unit. It receives low voltage injection control signals from the main ECM and steps up the voltage to drive the high-voltage piezo injectors. On that basis I think you should be able to do a straight swap.

However I would do some proper diagnostics first. P1271 relates to an open or short circuit in the pressure discharge valve circuit (valve in the end of fuel rail). If its not operating then normally the engine 'runs on' a little bit when you switch off the ignition. A pressure guage on the fuel rail will tell you what is going on. It could be a faulty valve. Carefully check the wiring and connections between the valve and the EDU. You may also be able to monitor the voltage to the valve.

• 1 year later...

Hello there. The P1271 error code was also present in our vehicle last month. I would fix this problem myself. I solved the problem. Please read the forum posts on the Internet link below for a solution and you will find the solution at the bottom of the page. (The part that is faulty is Edu - injektor, driver. It can be replaced with a used spare. No need to code or program Edu.)👇

Extract from other website:

"Our vehicle is Toyota Verso 2010-2011 Diesel automatic transmission. Error code p1271 occurred in our car and the engine went into emergency mode. Engine power has decreased / limited. The gearbox was shifting very badly. Our car was shaking as if a vehicle from behind was hitting us during gear change.

In the workshop / repair shop our vehicle was connected to the computer and the error code p1271 was read. We also read the fuel pressure regulator circuit error message.

The Toyota dealer (authorized technical service) asked ? 1500 to repair this malfunction. He also said that EDU needs to be taught / coded to the car. The master at the Toyota dealer lied.

I bought a used (second hand) EDU after reading the posts on this topic and watching a video online. I attached / assembled Edu myself to the vehicle. The error in our car has disappeared and the car has recovered. There was no need to code Edu into the car. EDU can be installed and operated directly in the vehicle. We did not need new software.

Before replacing the Edu, I sprayed copper spray on the ground cables mentioned in this topic. In addition, our car's radio display (display) was interrupting. The screen / display was turning on and off by itself. I'm sure our car had an electrical problem. And after the copper spray, the radio was straightened without yet installing the edu in the car.

I bought the used driver (edu) for 180 ?. Part number: It was enough for our car to have the same Toyota number. Denso number doesn't matter. It may differ. (Toyota part number is 89871-20080. Our denso number is 131000-1565. The denso number of the part we purchased is 131000-1568. - Rav4 , Avensis ) Just consider the toyota number.

Thank you very much to everyone who opened and shared this topic and helped a lot with the repair. I wish you a good day.
Here is the link for the video that might be useful:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hNWB4Oz72P4