Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daylight running lights

Mike Hoey

I have a 2017 Avensis Business plus edition. The daylight running lights are also the side lights and have failed. When I went to my local dealer to get new bulbs I was told I would need to replace the headlamp units at a cost of £580 each without fitting. This seems extortionate and criminal to have to pay £1160 for parts only for side light failure. Be aware when buying new Toyotas with fancy dlr's.

The same issue affects cars with integrated drls from other manufacturers.

As it is a 2017 model, isn't it still within the new car warranty, unless you've reached the mileage limit.

I'm somewhat involved in the used car trade and failed LED's in light units can be a major expense. Obviously best to try to find used units, but sometimes not possible or the used unit is also bad! Probably in many cases its just failure of a joint within the unit rather than failure of an LED itself. Toyota UK parts prices have also risen sharply in the last few years. Certain parts are now obscenely expensive.  

Remember a few years ago on Honest John, someone had been quoted £735 for a single LED rear light cluster on a Hyundai ix35. 

8 hours ago, mrfixer said:

I'm somewhat involved in the used car trade and failed LED's in light units can be a major expense. Obviously best to try to find used units, but sometimes not possible or the used unit is also bad! Probably in many cases its just failure of a joint within the unit rather than failure of an LED itself. Toyota UK parts prices have also risen sharply in the last few years. Certain parts are now obscenely expensive.  

I'll try an auto electrician and report back.