Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Firmware upgrade

edinburgh_lad

Hi there

I'm new to this forum, but excited to be able to seek your professional expertise.

I have a 2019 model of the Yaris (1.5) and I'm looking to upgrade the firmware.

Would you please tell me where to download the latest version or whether the local dealer can upgrade for free? (I just bought the car - 18 reg plate)

My current version is HE3945, but on the courtesy car I'm currently using, the version is HE3953 - see attached. So, I'd like to put the latest one on my car, whatever its version is. Mine is Touch 2 without the Sat nav, though the courtesy car has a Sat nav. Same model ID both cars, as you can see.

Thanks a lot.

(I'm waiting for Android auto - I'm told it'll be released in Sept for Yaris, but realistically available in Oct. Price is 250 for the pleasure of hooking up your iPhone or Android to your car, though I'm told 50 quid if you do a service too.)

(I'm IT proficient, but there doesn't seem to be some kind of website for Toyotas, or at least I can't find it, where you can check the most update versioning of the firmware and actually download it. )

Cheers. 

IMG_20200210_200341064.jpg

IMG_20200219_163953801.jpg

22 hours ago, edinburgh_lad said:

Hi there

I'm new to this forum, but excited to be able to seek your professional expertise.

I have a 2019 model of the Yaris (1.5) and I'm looking to upgrade the firmware.

Would you please tell me where to download the latest version or whether the local dealer can upgrade for free? (I just bought the car - 18 reg plate)

My current version is HE3945, but on the courtesy car I'm currently using, the version is HE3953 - see attached. So, I'd like to put the latest one on my car, whatever its version is. Mine is Touch 2 without the Sat nav, though the courtesy car has a Sat nav. Same modelv ID both cars, as you can see.

Thanks a lot.

(I'm waiting for Android auto - I'm told it'll be released in Sept for Yaris, but realistically available in Oct. Price is 250 for the pleasure of hooking up your iPhone or Android to your car, though I'm told 50 quid if you do a service too.)

(I'm IT proficient, but there doesn't seem to be some kind of website for Toyotas, or at least I can't find it, where you can check the most update versioning of the firmware and actually download it. )

Cheers. 

IMG_20200210_200341064.jpg

IMG_20200219_163953801.jpg

The all new Yaris due in Sept 2020 will have Carplay/Android auto and in May Toyota are releasing an update for 2019 Corolla & Rav4 to enable AA & Carplay, However they have not said and highly doubt they are going to make it available on any other current until models though.

Current Yaris is now closed for new orders and stock is now on run out for the switch to All new Yaris the head unit currently installed is not AA/Carplay compatible and would need new hardware to be so, so it is extremely unlikely Toyota will design a new headunit for a now discontinued model.

The Headunit update would have to be done at your Toyota dealer or via toyota-tech.eu ( chargeable access ) the update from 3945>3953 only has one listed "fix" for "TA- Messages are not displayed on the screen of the Touch device when a TA is issued"

Thanks for such a comprehensive response.

I was told Toyota would be retro fitting existing 2019 models of Yaris for 250 quid or 50 quid if you choose to have it serviced too. What I mean by retrofitting is a dongle that will be attached to the back of the unit.

You mention that the software upgrade has one fix. Is there a list of changes (ie change log) available in the open domain? I'd like to know what is the latest version of firmware (is it 3953?) And whether or not there are any new features implemented in this firmware too.

Thank you kindly.

On 2/22/2020 at 12:47 PM, edinburgh_lad said:

Thanks for such a comprehensive response.

I was told Toyota would be retro fitting existing 2019 models of Yaris for 250 quid or 50 quid if you choose to have it serviced too. What I mean by retrofitting is a dongle that will be attached to the back of the unit.

You mention that the software upgrade has one fix. Is there a list of changes (ie change log) available in the open domain? I'd like to know what is the latest version of firmware (is it 3953?) And whether or not there are any new features implemented in this firmware too.

Thank you kindly.

As devon says that offer was and is only applicable to Rav 4 and corrolla models as far as information fed to the network

Chr and Yaris plus all other models are not announced and like also highly doubtful they will 

Independent resellers seem to have added Android to Toyota Yaris already: 

This chap, Riva Hi-Tech (on Facebook Riva Hi-TECH "Riparoexpresscomiso"), seems to offer a module for the head unit for 550 euros. Quite steep, but it clearly shows it's possible. 

45 minutes ago, edinburgh_lad said:

Independent resellers seem to have added Android to Toyota Yaris already

It is your choice if you wish to follow the same route. 

However, as the fourth generation Yaris is due to go on sale in the third quarter of this year, it is doubtful Toyota will upgrade the current generation with the older infotainment unit.

Sure.

For information, though, since my last post, it's Android 6, so well out of date. 

20 hours ago, edinburgh_lad said:

Independent resellers seem to have added Android to Toyota Yaris already: 

This chap, Riva Hi-Tech (on Facebook Riva Hi-TECH "Riparoexpresscomiso"), seems to offer a module for the head unit for 550 euros. Quite steep, but it clearly shows it's possible. 

Totally not worth it. Look at how laggy the system is (blame Toyota for this unresponsive piece or ****). Besides that, it looks like the module is running android ICS, based on the UI looks. Most android apps already dropped support for android 4.X and lower. Android headunits from AliExpress seem to use either an intel chip (which I'm not known with) or the aged overly used snapdragon 625 running either android 7, 8 or 9. I believe qualcomm already dropped support for that chip, so the android that's running on it will never be updated to 10.

Really a shame, but it also gives the opportunity for a hardware company to develop such modules with the latest hardware.

• 1 year later...

I have a 19 yaris L I looked it up and the usb and the control module are the same as the 2020 that has the android auto and the 19 uk version has android auto..  Do you think if I just upgrade the firmware to the 2020 version on the infotainment unit that it would give me android auto?

8 hours ago, Smokn said:

I have a 19 yaris L I looked it up and the usb and the control module are the same as the 2020 that has the android auto and the 19 uk version has android auto..  Do you think if I just upgrade the firmware to the 2020 version on the infotainment unit that it would give me android auto?

from 2019 the US Yaris was a version of the Mazda 2 -  different to the European Yaris (TOC is based in the UK).  As far as I'm aware the multimedia system is a Mazda unit, rather than a Toyota unit.

You will need to have a look at the North American techinfo site, As above US cars are based on the Mazda 2 and were built Mexico, Headunits are completely different to the European Yaris

https://techinfo.toyota.com

• 1 year later...

I have exactly the same image on the screen. tell me how you find out the 26 digit code. Thank you

346045133_208397085381647_5379641972920958192_n.jpg

3 hours ago, Portugal said:

I have exactly the same image on the screen. tell me how you find out the 26 digit code. Thank you

346045133_208397085381647_5379641972920958192_n.jpg

The 26 digit code only exits if you have Navigation installed the picture above shows there is no Navigation on your car

HI, though I'd post this here. I just purchased a 2019 Yaris Icon Tech Hybrid and want to upgrade the firmware. I downloaded a file 16MM_TLS_Low (no high quality version available?). I have Touch 2 With Go, and have registered it ok. Is the download the right one, and is it to update the firmware or maps? Thanks for help!

20230522_111235.jpg

Well I upgraded the firmware with the above file. Maps are still 2018 v.2.

It's not a map update, it's a security update for the connected services - maps are paid service unless it shows a free map in My Toyota

TLS - Transport layer security

ps, the yaris only got the Low model touch and go

Ok, thanks, Bob. I have 2018 v.2 maps on board. I'll have a look on MyToyota for any free update and the paid for ones.