Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior lights for IQ

MarkExeter

I've recently bought a 2009 IQ and now joined your forum. As other members have posted (a few years back it seems) the interior light is quite useless and I wondered if there was any way to upgrade this and perhaps add a rear light. Any help would be much appreciated. 

I just bought an iQ as well, 2010 and also just joined this forum. I found plenty of posts regarding upgrading the interior light here, some forum member in the UK seemed to be selling his service even. Personally I am making an inventory of what I want to mod on the car and then waiting on better weather to do the upgrades. till that time i investigate what the best interior light upgrades are. I am thinking about ledstrips just above the windshield for a start.

I quite like this light, enough to find something dropped.  The bad thing is not noticing it's still on when starting to drive of.

My main use is for immediate map reference, either by myself or my wife.  I use a cheap one of these which is great for reference whilst I continue to drive.  

And, of course, it's cheap, pocketable and flexible.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reading-Portable-Battery-Operated-Bookworms/dp/B07VV9QT89/ref=sr_1_130?keywords=reading+light&qid=1582537631&sr=8-130

I have just got a 2009 IQ and have been having the same thoughts as you, I was unable to find any instructions on how to do an upgrade, but after much investigation I come across this on the German forum (you will need to use an in-browser translator to read it) but its instructions to effectively fit a standard W5W bulb into the original housing.

I have done this myself and I would say it took about 45 minutes from start to finish but does involve a small bit of soldering.

This is the bulb I fitted and I would say it gives you about 10 times more light then the original (very much like his pictures on the thread) and will light the cabin like its daylight with a nice soft light, it also light the boot area and fades in and out when it turns on and off.

Philips 127994000KX2 X-tremeVision LED W5W T10 4000K CeraLight, Set of 2

Credit should go to CWein from the iq-board.de forum.
Page 15 posted on Friday December 28th 2012, 2:20 pm

Steve

Thanks Monkeyboy2283. this is awesome, I ordered the Philips lights and will try this.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links