Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyres for Auris

Magwitch

3 hours ago, ziauris said:

the dunlop sp fastresponse on mine car were  amazing, i think they lasted in excess of 35k miles.

That's impressive. Only 16k on mine so far, most of that by the previous pension pulling family member.

My previous car was a hot hatch which I used Goodyear F1s on, was lucky to get 9k out of the fronts! Although it got driven a bit more enthusiastically than the Auris. 😁

On 2/26/2020 at 11:55 AM, Magwitch said:

Ok, it looks a though I will be getting Dunlops or Michelins. Thank you all so much for your wise advice! The only gripe I have is my lovely Auris being described as a Miss Daisy car! How could you, Ziauris! Senior I may be, however, I still nip along, belting out Power Ballads at full strength.

I wouldn't call it a grandad car either, Magwitch. Or a Miss Daisy. Most summers, mine gets us down to the south of France in seven hours, which is about as fast as you can go and still keep your licence. It's sharp round the fast bends too - at least, it is with the Michelins - but I also liked the Dunlop SP Sports that I had on my old Passat. 

What the critics have often said about the Auris is that it hangs on through the corners even when you think it isn't going to. 😂  Okay, I suppose my Mk 2 is a bit more refined that the Mk 1, and it does also have the double-linked rear suspension (or whatever) that many other models don't. But with the Michelin Primacys on the front it's 95% as good as the Golf, which is still pretty damn good. And a lot more feedback.

The absolute worst tyres I ever had were a pair of Avon Zeons, which were still terrifying me after 300 miles of running them in. No grip at all! That was on a diesel Focus with a bit of a heavy front end. They're the only tyres that I've ever taken back to the dealers because I wasn't ready to die yet. The dealer said something like: "Yeah, we've had other customers saying that"  😜, and changed them right away without argument.

Power ballads at full blast? Bring it on. Clapton, Tina Turner, Bowie, Zappa, and some rather energetic jazz that wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. No room for grandad music in my car.

Countrylad, we are planning a trip to Cornwall in May (247 miles each way), so your info about the drive to the south of France is very reassuring, even though mine is a 2009 mk1 and yours a mk2.

Why on earth did the dealer keep selling Avon Zeons then?

Don't forget Meat Loaf, Cher, Chicago ........... ! The other half is into jazz, as well. He's also into Foster and Allen and the Dubliners but he can play them in his car! 

Anyone driving on Pirelli Cinturato P7, they have positive reviews but more info from fellow members is always a good one. Amazon sells them currently at £44 for 205/55 16 . 
Pirelli Cinturato P7 - 205/55/R16 91V - C/B/70 - Summer Tire https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008RLSK5Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_VubwEbHYEY9BG

19 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Anyone driving on Pirelli Cinturato P7, they have positive reviews but more info from fellow members is always a good one. Amazon sells them currently at £44 for 205/55 16 . 
Pirelli Cinturato P7 - 205/55/R16 91V - C/B/70 - Summer Tire https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008RLSK5Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_VubwEbHYEY9BG

Well, I used to have P6s on my Focus estate, and they were just fine. That £44 looks cheap compared with the £64 that BlackCircles are asking, but of course you need to allow for the fact that the Amazon tyres don't include fitting or disposal, or any of the other gubbins that they usually hit you for. 😐

• Like 1

You are right, These days fitting is so expensive that almost make no sense to buy tyres and pay for fitting separately, £15 upwards per tyre it’s insane. Will see next week what I am going to buy. Maybe a call to Toyota dealer if they price much as they said on the website. 

• Like 1

BlackCircles are owned by Michelin, of course, and that's why they're always doing discounts on them. But their other promotions come and go. It's always worth taking a look.

This one's for £40 off 4 Goodyear Vector All-Seasons, or £25 off 4 Kumhos. https://www.blackcircles.com/offers

This one's for 10% off two Michelins: https://www.blackcircles.com/offers/flashsalemichelin . There seems to be another one on Michelin CrossClimates, which ends next week.

Anyway, get yourself onto their mailing list,and they'll tell you what's coming up. Alternatively, think "what the heck, it's only a tenner a wheel", and get the ones you want now😂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got my Auris a new set of tyres and new wheels too. I choose Goodyear efficient grip performance 2, brand new model and freshly made which is the best of all. So far positive feedback, and actually the car doesn’t feel any different in terms of performance or road handling coming from 17” wheels with winter tyres., even feels better. I bought them from those guys https://www.justtyres.co.uk/, never used them before but they offer best price plus I had some discount code too. Here is the new look of my car. 
Regards 

5D948CE6-1C98-4475-9EEF-C24D63E2F45E.jpeg

D8F7F140-96B7-45A6-A15D-6AB15036BDB5.jpeg

6C898EB2-6145-4EF4-9019-470BE4891914.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Tony, how do you find them in a coldish wet weather? With the current (crasy) prices on Michelin tyres, I will probably go for GY vector 4 seasons g2 or the ones you got.

Hi Andy, 

The Goodyear are top brand tyres for sure, they may well be better than Michelin’s and Conties too, depend on the model, size etc. These one I bought are very good indeed, soft rubber even in colder nights I am driving, they are quiet, and the car feels glued to the road. I made change from 17” wheels with 215/45 17 winter tyres to these Goodyear with 205/55 16 and the car feels absolutely same or even better, I was expecting some body roll due to the smaller size and softer side walls but no, nothing. Braking is good, wet grip is good, cornering is excellent, and the most important for me is the comfort and here they are great imo. I have been using  Goodyear tyres for the last 4-5 years and I am happy with them. Don’t know anything about the all season ones, but they have a good positive reviews,  I think they are good tyres too. 
Regards 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, black circles has offer for 15% off of Goodyear tyres. That’s for consideration. Valid from 15-17/03 

Code: LOYALTY15 

On 3/9/2020 at 6:44 PM, TonyHSD said:

I finally got my Auris a new set of tyres and new wheels too. I choose Goodyear efficient grip performance 2, brand new model and freshly made which is the best of all. So far positive feedback, and actually the car doesn’t feel any different in terms of performance or road handling coming from 17” wheels with winter tyres., even feels better. I bought them from those guys https://www.justtyres.co.uk/, never used them before but they offer best price plus I had some discount code too. Here is the new look of my car. 
Regards 

5D948CE6-1C98-4475-9EEF-C24D63E2F45E.jpeg

D8F7F140-96B7-45A6-A15D-6AB15036BDB5.jpeg

6C898EB2-6145-4EF4-9019-470BE4891914.jpeg

Let us know if they have solved the cracking issue I had on the first version of these tyres. I paid ~£55/tyre.

• just to cross link the previous topic which readers may find useful for future reference on the same topic 
  •  

Hi, 

different people has different experience with same products, cars, TVs, phones etc. I personally used Goodyear efficient grip performance gen 1 on two different cars , a lots of motorway journeys and I am impressed with those. Low noise, high comfort, dry and wet performance best even compared to Michelin’s and Conties, no cracks at all. First set of 4 tyres with only two rotation done , I realised that if I don’t rotate them anymore only the fronts will need replacement after a year and 50k miles, the rear one went up to 90k miles and two years old and I sold the car with plenty of life left on them 4+mm. How can I say that those tyres are no good?! Later in November this year I will update how these second gen perform over the time., for now they are excellent. Soft side walls on touring tyres has more benefits than negatives, even they look under inflated just keep them to correct pressures and there will never be any issues with them, that apply for any tyres. 
Regards 

• Like 1

Just an update, after Tony's recommendations I went to Costco to find out how much the GY EG Performance Gen2 will be in 225/45/17 size and when will they have a GY tyres promo again. Upon arrival, I found out that they got some stock of Michelin CrossClimate Plus 225/45/17 94W XL and with the current offer they were just under £85 fitted, so got four. Anyway, 300 miles later and they are much better then the original Dunlop Fast Response: More comfortable (without being too soft), steering feels better and car rolls a bit longer. They need a bit more miles on, but even now they handle better than Dunlop’s on twisty roads. Thank you again Tony for your input.

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2020 at 12:56 PM, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 

different people has different experience with same products, cars, TVs, phones etc. I personally used Goodyear efficient grip performance gen 1 on two different cars , a lots of motorway journeys and I am impressed with those. Low noise, high comfort, dry and wet performance best even compared to Michelin’s and Conties, no cracks at all. First set of 4 tyres with only two rotation done , I realised that if I don’t rotate them anymore only the fronts will need replacement after a year and 50k miles, the rear one went up to 90k miles and two years old and I sold the car with plenty of life left on them 4+mm. How can I say that those tyres are no good?! Later in November this year I will update how these second gen perform over the time., for now they are excellent. Soft side walls on touring tyres has more benefits than negatives, even they look under inflated just keep them to correct pressures and there will never be any issues with them, that apply for any tyres. 
Regards 

that's fair. the goodyr ef performance can be had for £~60 fitted so its a good deal for someone.