Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help new car

Estima-Hybrid-2009

Hi , I am delighted with my new import I have always wanted an Estima. Its a 2009 and I have no Idea how to read Japanese.

Can I convert any of the car to English ? Like sat Nav on board Computer etc ?

How do people figure out how to do things like connect bluetooth etc . I have tried to look up videos on line but I can find any. Any advise would be welcome.  

Hi there Anne Marie, welcome to the club. You can't change the Japanese language settings as they are JDM cars most change the head unit for an English version. In some cases where people have changed the head unit they have lost either the front or reversing camera or both, that's if the car is fitted with them that is. I'm not sure about bluetooth etc but I think some members have achieved it perhaps someone else on here can help you with that. Enjoy the Esti there a lovely car.

• Thanks 1

Hi...and welcome...The Estima is a good choice,!!..lovely vehicle.

As Tony says...there's not much you can do with the on board Japanese stuff I'm afraid...I simply swapped what was there for a new double din head unit...mainly so I could pair my phone via the bluetooth.

I'm sure ou'll enjoy it no matter what.

• Thanks 1

Thank you both for the welcome, and advise. Ok I am new to all this so don't laugh but I had to google what a double din head unit was but I know now !! 😉 . So maybe I could get on of those , do they fit &  look good in the Dash ?  I do have a  rear reversing camera but it wouldn't bother me to loose it. I would prefer to have the other things.

Also I was looking at the Translated owner manual would you recommend them? 

Just make sure you find a new head unit fits in the space as your old one....it should be a straight plug and play.

There are so many on the market...have a look at eBay for instance and see if there are any that float yer boat...it's where I got mine from about 3 years ago..cost about £70 IIRC.

Not sure the manual that you speak of will cover your model..check it out ....it's gotta be worth having IF you can find one.

• 2 years later...

Hi there, I’m a new Estima owner & as much as I love the car I’m really struggling with the audio system. My car still thinks it’s in Tokyo.. I’m not too concerned about the satnav, I just want to either reset/amend the settings or replace the audio unit. Can anyone advise how or where I can get it replaced as Halfords & such like tell me if I replace the audio unit the electronics might knock the hybrid off. I’m stumped. I obviously don’t want to break the cars electronics but it’s driving me mad… thanks 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links