Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Moist in front fog light 2003 Yaris TS

Edwin2103

In the left front fog light of our 2003 Yaris TS there is moist. My question is if it possible to repair/renew the seal, because the glass is in perfect condition. And If so, what to do exactly. Thanks in advance for bringing up solutions!

Hi Edwin

Is it possible for you to remove the fog light from the bumper, if so remove the filament lamp and use warm air from a hair drier to remove the moisture that has collected, depending on the severity of the condensation you could be there a while. Also check that the seal on the lamp holder is tight and secure when fitted to the fog light. As an alternative you could try drying out the fog light on the vehicle by warming the 'glass' area with the lamp and connector disconnected, be careful not to heat the 'glass' area too much as I think it's made of plastic and not in fact glass (I could be wrong). 

Yes you can heat them up and split the glass so you can re-seal.

Keep in mind on the 2003-2005 models you need to remove the bumper and remove the lower section in order to remove the light.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your replies. I removed the bumper and tried to remove the glass by heating it. I think I was to impatient, because I broke the glass. Bought an aftermarket Depo spare part and replaced the broken one. Problem solved. I think the next time sealing the connecting between glass and housing with rubber seal will do the job and is also invisible after reassembling the bumper.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links