Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing my C-HR for a RAV4.

gavin77

Hi I have a 2018 C-HR  hybrid  great to drive but I’m finding it to small. 

So im looking to change to a RAV4 hybrid 2018 model. So just a few questions main one been real life mpg I do the  stop start rush hour traffic going to work with some motorway 120 kph when on motorway 120kph in the chr I’m getting around 5.8 liters per 100 what would a RAV4 be averaging at motorway speeds. 

Also what’s the soundproofing like in them as I find the chr a bit lacking on soundproofing. 

Would be great to get the opinion off people who have drove both. 

Thanks. 

I drive 28 miles each way to and from London on my RAV4 hybrid with 50% motorway and rest internal roads which are mostly stop/start. The best I have achieved has been 45 mpg but on an average it is 40 mpg, even while using sports mode quite a few times. On the motorway I have struggled to achieve anything more than 35 mpg. Sound proofing is pretty impressive.

Thanks for the reply Rajat. 

Ok so I would be looking at about an extra €50 a month on petrol. Would I be better off going diesel  save the extra outlay off around €3500 to €4000 for the hybrid plus save at the fuel cost. Yearly mileage is about 18000 miles. Also how comfortable is the drivers seat I find the seat in the C-HR very narrow at the shoulder. 

Thanks. 

56 minutes ago, gavin77 said:

Thanks for the reply Rajat. 

Ok so I would be looking at about an extra €50 a month on petrol. Would I be better off going diesel  save the extra outlay off around €3500 to €4000 for the hybrid plus save at the fuel cost. Yearly mileage is about 18000 miles. Also how comfortable is the drivers seat I find the seat in the C-HR very narrow at the shoulder. 

Thanks. 

I would suggest you test drive one, anyones opinion on sound levels etc is very subjective and is dependent on height weight etc etc

I don’t think you would save much fuel cost by going diesel in a Rav if you look at the official and real mpg and the extra diesel cost at the pump but as you say you would save on the cost of vehicle. Personally I have the hybrid and like a lot of people moved away from diesel and feel good I am doing something for the environment. Average around 42mpg mixed driving 

Thanks Chris can’t argue with 42mpg on mixed driving that’s good. 

Also with the hybrid no injectors or DPF or a costly flywheel. Doing a lot more motorway  miles now average work journey is  15 miles on motorway at 75 mph then about 4 miles at 40 mph.  As I said Chr is great just a bit to small. 

1 hour ago, gavin77 said:

Thanks Chris can’t argue with 42mpg on mixed driving that’s good. 

Also with the hybrid no injectors or DPF...

I was averaging 52 mpg (calculated by me, not the car's computers) before the colder weather arrived around October/November.  My overall average to date since 21 June last year is just under 48 mpg, even though over the last 3 months I've been getting 41½-44 at each fill-up.  

Believe it or not, even petrol cars (including petrol Hybrids) now have to have a particulate filter (called GPF - Gasoline...).  I've seen one or two reports of other makes of cars having the same sort of issues with these getting clogged (it seems their storage capacity is much smaller than a DPF) but I've had no problem with mine in 8½k miles (touch wood), nor have I heard reports of problems with any Toyota models.

• Like 1

Yep, same here. Bought a new C-HR Hybrid in 2018, but traded it for a new 2019 RAV4 Hybrid. Much better overview, very spacy. And got a very good price for my C-HR. Best decision i made in a long time.

Fuel consumption over 15.000 km is 6.1 l/100km (46.31 UK-MPG) on allseason tires. With the C-HR i did also 5.8 l/100km (48.70 UK-MPG). Click on the Sprittmonitor icon in my signature to look at my fuel stats...

• Like 1

I had the Rav4 Hybrid 2018 and now have the 2019. The Rav4 2018 was one of the best quietest cars out there. It was better that the Freelander I had before. The 2019 is slightly more noisy but still very good.

The 2019 is a lot bigger and more refined in side it was my wife and daughter that convinced me to buy it. Also as it was a newer engine the fuel consumption was improved by a lot.

Like others have said, try and test drive one and if you can consider going for the 2019 not the 2018 as there is a big improvement. Saying that the 2018 is still a good car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links