Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gear stick ring

oisin2222

Iv a 2014 auris diesel and the silver ring on knob is worn down anyone know if it can be replaced because it doesent liook nice worn down and anyone know of where I could get one cheap if they are expensive thanks

A454270A-1DC6-42DE-9ECB-0B3CB7BCBDC9.png

I saw them being sold on aliexpress, you can either just buy the toplate for 2-3 GBP, or the whole thing for under 10 GBP, up to you.

I had my gaitor also changed, it was custom made locally for under 20 GBP, but well worth it, leather is much nicer than the original one, and thicker.

What would they be called to try find the ring I presume I can just screw off the old and screw on the new

It’s probably worn down due to the driver wearing a ring on one of his/ her fingers.

i just typed into eBay.  “Toyota Auris 2014 gear knob top ring”. Got loads of gear knobs starting about £6 plus postage (so around £9), diffferent designs, colours, some leather, but no top ring itself.

I just searched Toyota auris gear, and got bunch of results, mostly the whole knob, but you can find the top only, like below.

I think the replacement is like this, you unscrew the knob, then look inside ,there should be a screw, undo that, and whole thing falls apart.

So, you can just replace the ring, and not the whole thing if you dont want to.

I had the glossy part come out of the handbrake (1st gen), and i used plastic primer + paint to fix it, so that's an alternative.

image.thumb.png.b2c98f1de3a6fe1d294e439e45761621.pngimage.thumb.png.5d1b17808b725e61f12ae97b27a70b27.png

On my next visit to Toyota, i will check prices for a new gearnob as mine is worn out and needs to be replaced.

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

The top ring part is 33624-09040 for six-speed, and 33624-09070 for five-speed. I have had a little difficulty sourcing the part however.

I learned this from the post below:

• 1 month later...

Correction, the decal cap and the decorative chrome ring are both together in the part I quoted. It was available very cheap from my dealer. 

In the original Toyota part, there is no screw. You can pry the chrome ring off with a plastic spatula or carefully with a large screwdriver. The new one pops directly on if you align the nylon key.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links