Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problems with my celica

raggaride

My 2003 celica 143bhp is spluttering when under load at normal running temperature only. I have no fault codes and am at a loss. When cold drives fine only when hot the problem occurs. No matter what gear it splutters like the plugs are breaking down, but amongst other things I've replaced them. Please help

9 hours ago, raggaride said:

My 2003 celica 143bhp is spluttering when under load at normal running temperature only. I have no fault codes and am at a loss. When cold drives fine only when hot the problem occurs. No matter what gear it splutters like the plugs are breaking down, but amongst other things I've replaced them. Please help

Hi i had what sounds like the same problem with my celica gen6.. 

I ended up changing the whole ignition system ie coil pack, leads, dis cap, rotor arm, spark plugs.. and still had the same problem when the car got to temp it just started jolting all the time... 

i then found out it was the o2 sensor.. 

hope this helps.. 

I would have thought your 2003 Celica would have showed an OBD fault code had it been an O2 sensor.?

MAF clean..?..Fuel filter.?

No OBD codes present. Put new Maf sensor yesterday, fault still there so sent it back. Thanks for the input. Anything else greatly appreciated. I think it has to be fuel related due to the fact that when cold(overfueling) runs fine but from the time the temp gauge starts to move you can tell somethings not right. And when it reaches running temp it is full on. 

When cold OK as soon as it starts to warm up, shudders on acceleration in all gears under load more so when at low speed in higher gear eg 4th gear at 40mph if I accelerate it shudders and after a few seconds it's gone and car takes of. Thanks for all the help

Does anyone have part numbers for the genuine lambda sensors I assume they're denso. Thanks

I wouldn't use anything else tbh....it usually ends up false economy to buy cheap "copies".

IIRC Denso UK have an online site so maybe you can get what you need there.? (part numbers etc)

53 minutes ago, raggaride said:

When cold OK as soon as it starts to warm up, shudders on acceleration in all gears under load more so when at low speed in higher gear eg 4th gear at 40mph if I accelerate it shudders and after a few seconds it's gone and car takes of. Thanks for all the help

Same symptoms you are explaining here.. 

was fine when engine was cold soon as it got upto temp it just judders in every gear and more so underload.. 

so violently I thought my car was done for.. i had to stop driving her around because I didn’t want to cause any more problems by doing so. 

I ended up taking it to the garage i get bits done at when there out of my skill range or don’t have time for..

they checked a few things before finding out it was the sensor.. 

Thank you for the help I will investigate lambda sensors tomorrow and look at values on scanner to see if out of range and replace anyways thanks. 

OK checked resistance on o2 sensor, voltage etc Seend fine. Only thing is fuel trim at sensors B1, S1 is fluctuating B1, S2 is running at 99% continously not sure if that's right. The images won't load for some reason, but look at lambda FT values as well as lambda values thanks. 

OK checked resistance on o2 sensor, voltage etc Seend fine. Only thing is fuel trim at sensors B1, S1 is fluctuating B1, S2 is running at 99% continously not sure if that's right. The images won't load for some reason, but look at lambdd

B1-S2 at 0.00v did that change at any point ? it may be lazy or got stuck, 99% ft when up to temp is a good sign it's the sensor

has the car run all its drive cycle test if it hasn't or can't it may not throw a code

Denso part numbers are.............

DOX-0273 (S1)

DOX-0274 (S2) 89465-20710

OK checked resistance on o2 sensor, voltage etc Seend fine. Only thing is fuel trim at sensors B1, S1 is fluctuating B1, S2 is running at 99% continously not sure if that's right. The images won't load for some reason, but look at lambdd

The is when unplugged sensor B1, S2 goes to zero volts, in the video it is changing so I don't know weather its working or not, but FT for B1, S2 stays at 99% so is this normal or is it a default setting doe to sensor fault. Thankyou

Only other thing is after cheching sensor it wouldn't complete checks ie, HTR etc

I've ordered sensor should be here by Monday Denso, original will let you if it solves the problem. Thanks again for all the help