Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota auris 2007 rear brakes

aandzha

So, lately i have had problems with my driver side back brake, they are squeeking when i drive on uneven road or when i take a left turn, what could be the reason for this except the metal parts where brake callipers are held. Last time when i changed my breaks (2 months ago) i greased the piston aswell. And in 2months time the inside brake pad was compleatly worn out. 

Was it worn out evenly? What did you use to grease it, did you clean it well?

Hi, you should not be getting grease on the pistons, it will react with any seals or dust covers it comes into contact with, which is probably why you are having problems. At this stage I would suggest you get a seal kit and some brake cleaner. Remove the caliper (clamp the flexible hose to reduce leakage) and remove the pistons, remove the seals, clean pistons and caliper with brake cleaner and assemble using brake fluid to lubricate..
If the bore of the caliper is oxidised you can clean up with fine and I mean fine abrasive. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I rememeber my inside pad on rears wearing more than outer too but I don't think it's possible to wear out pads in 2 months unless they are made of cheese/you're doing track days. The most obvious reason is a binding/sticking caliper. Do you see any symptoms of this?? It will make the alloys hot to touch (be careful) or burning smell coming from the brakes etc. If your pads are getting worn so quickly it will also be doing the same to the discs, get it sorted otherwise you'll need to replace the discs too which is costly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links