Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gear judder ?

geordiejohn50

Hello I bought a 68 plate auto Aygo from Jemca Enfield with 1450 miles on the clock but I find I have to really press down really hard on the break to put it in gear,when I drive I find the gear changing is jerky and the salesman said you might find it jerky because the car is lighter than the Auris I part exchanged, does anyone  think this right?

Thank you.

Are you really pressing on the brake to put the car in gear?

amd mo, I wouldn’t say it was normal even for a light car like an Aygo to be jerky when driving.   What is the car actually doing, please explain.

How long have you had the car.?

You got rid of a good car, Auris Hybrid, and you may never had your cat stolen, particularly so because there are some good anti theft devices available in the London area.

The X-shift isn't a true automatic gearbox, but a manual gearbox with an automated clutch, and could well feel different to the e-CVT transmission in the Auris hybrid. Did you test drive the Aygo?

Whoops!  I didn’t spot it was an auto, and didn’t realise it was a manual box with auto clutch. Never driven one, but would take a lot to equal the smooth transmission of an Auris Hybrid (the wife has one that used to be mine). Good luck with your Aygo.

• Like 1

No did not test the Aygo and I only bought it Friday.

When trying to go to the next gear it jerks and makes a noise?

I am thinking of taking back today to see if I can get my money back,it also had a red roof on white car and red a few other places,I saw on Saturday white spots on the red roof and when I looked the wife says she thinks it's vinyl,I rang the body shop at Enfield Toyota and the manager said he will speak to the warranty people. 

Thank you. 

I had one of these as a courtesy car whilst our hybrid Auris was in the dealers for some warranty repairs.  I can sympathize with your wondering about the auto box - it could hardly be more different to the Auris's way of doing things.  Even whilst trying to drive smoothly it felt like it was taking an age to actually change gears - a bit like falling forward on tiptoes!

Perhaps try another car from their forecourt stock to see if you just don't like that type of auto?

As you almost certainly know, the Yaris hybrid seems to be almost completely avoiding the attentions of the catalyst-stealing scumbags.  So maybe one of these could be considered?

Thank you I have just phoned Jemca and explained the problems and he said come down at 11.00 am and he will see what he can do.

I told the salesman it's difficult to put it into gear and the wife can't do it at all,he said it should be touch sensitive.

I spent an hour there and I said is it possible to move up to a hybrid Yaris and he spoke to his manager about it then he went to talk to another customer,so as I walked out the door I said ring me and let me know what the manager said,I got £11000 for my Auris and put another £1000 towards it,I think they might only give me about £10000 for the Aygo now.

Thank you. 

The salesman said do a part exchange for the same money I paid for the Aygo and I am going to pay about £1700 and I will get a 68 plate Yaris hybrid with 6000 miles on the clock,I am waiting for the logbook for the Aygo to come and hopefully I will pick up the Yaris on Monday. 

Thank you. 

That sounds like a decent way out of the dilemma, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on how your three cars compared for mpg, city driving, comfort etc.

You done pretty well there John.  I think you will find the Yaris more like your Auris then the Aygo. Obviously smaller then the Auris but the Yaris is a pretty solid car.

I had a Yaris auto which I traded for the Auris because I had it a long time and never had any trouble with it,I will post next week on how I find the new Yaris.

Thank you. 

• Like 1