Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

replacement gearbox

Neil Avensis

Trying to source a replacement gearbox for a Mk 3 Avensis Estate 59 reg 1.8 petrol manual 6 speed - new & reconditioned too expensive, so from a breaker most likely.

Transmission code EC60   ( according to my local Toyota dealer part no 30300/05070 ).

Does anyone know if the gearbox from a 2.0 litre petrol is identical & will match ? or maybe other models ? ( I take it that the 2 litre diesel is not suitable ) - if so, I can broaden my search.

Would appreciate any help/advice if possible - so I can be sure what I purchase will do the job, and fit !

Won't be fitting myself, so gearbox will be delivered directly to my local garage - so obv need to be sure.

Many thanks.

Try Nippon Auto Spares in Derby, who do replacement engines & gearboxes.  www.nipponautospares.com.  Tel. +44 (0)1332 293 399.

I used them 5 years ago, for a replacement engine for my '04 1.8 Avensis.  (Condition excellent, delivered to my local garage for fitting, £600 inc VAT).

I checked my archive files and the 2.0l Valvematic uses the EB60 gearbox. The ratios are different and probably the final drive!

You have the choice of the 1.6 as well as the 1.8.
Avensis_specs_eng.pdf

Good luck with your search.

9 hours ago, Garth-1 said:

Try Nippon Auto Spares in Derby, who do replacement engines & gearboxes.  www.nipponautospares.com.  Tel. +44 (0)1332 293 399.

I used them 5 years ago, for a replacement engine for my '04 1.8 Avensis.  (Condition excellent, delivered to my local garage for fitting, £600 inc VAT).

Thanks Garth

29 minutes ago, Konrad C said:

I checked my archive files and the 2.0l Valvematic uses the EB60 gearbox. The ratios are different and probably the final drive!

You have the choice of the 1.6 as well as the 1.8.
Avensis_specs_eng.pdf

Good luck with your search.

Thanks Konrad

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links