Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What colour is the live to reversing light on 2010 Aygo?

Hal Mercier

I assumed it's the purple wire, isolated on the left tail area from the main rear light wires, I can see one which is brown or brown/black and one purple.but no confirmation on my tester.

I don't have a diagram here.

Anyone fitted reversing sonar?

It's the red one.

Next problem is how do I remove the rear bumper panel, as despite what I've been told I can't see how I can feed the sensor wires to the interior...PLUS, positioning the centre two, I am too close to some sort of steel reinforcing bar so there's insufficient depth for the sensor!

With the plastic panel removed I can at least explore options.

That couldn't be much simpler as shown here.

Looks like I'll need to cut a couple of holes in the steel reinforcement, or I'll have the centre two sensors sticking out. The trouble is if you mount them significantly lower they are on the curve back, so will point at the ground.

Flash 22....Thanks. I do wish I'd seen that BEFORE drilling into the plastic bumper as I've done it way too high, fine but for the two centre holes!

I'm kicking myself but doubtless I'll manage with a bit of vandalism.

the easiest way to find the live cable would be with the power off 

test for the earth cable

On 2/25/2020 at 5:15 PM, Hal Mercier said:

I'm kicking myself but doubtless I'll manage with a bit of vandalism.

Put a sticker on it, the one like band aid 🙂

I pulled the plug to the right rear lights, stuck the neg side of a multimeter in the brown earth wire female pin socket, then tried the others, with the power on and in reverse, till I had 12v showing at which point it turned out to be the red.

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, the official way to do this is to stat from inside, putting the speaker and control box near the right side shock tower mount. Then fit a grommet in the round hole again right side just below the bottom of the tailgate.

Then, with the rear bumper off, feed the loom, by this time it's just the four sensor wires, out to where the bumper will be, via the right side airflow duct.

Exactly as I failed to do in the 'Fitting sonar do's and don'ts.'

In my case, I don't read the instructions and do make silly mistakes, in this case piercing the main loom to rear number plate rubber boot on the left side.....

DSC01151.JPG