Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Timing chain

Mass_

My car, a 1.3, the same engine, went to Kwik Fit the other day for its MOT, which it passed no problem, so I asked them to do an oil change, since it had been almost 6000 miles since the last one - they used 10W40 synthetic oil for it, which I did query, since I had always used 5W30 myself when I changed it 2 years ago. As the car has only covered 32K miles since new, the engine still runs sweet as a nut, but now I am concerned Kwik Fit have put the wrong oil in. I shouldnt think it will do too much damage, as the engine would be more damaged if the oil was not changed at all.

As regards the opening post, his engine sounds like the one on my previous Yaris, a Mk1 1.0 CDX (1999 model) which had done 70K miles when I got rid of it, it sounded tappety and a bit clicky, which I suspect is valve clearances needing adjustment, and fuel injector noise rather than chain wear noise, but as already mentioned, regular oil changes every year are especially important when you have an engine that uses a chain rather than a timing belt.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links