Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Tourer 2.2 T180 - Good Buy?

davesm

Hi,

Many years ago I had a T180 tourer which was a great car but I eventually changed it for something smaller. I now have a Panda 4x4 but with another puppy on the way the boot won't be big enough for both mutleys eventually. I'm thinking of getting an old estate to run around in and am hankering after a T180 again - always had a soft spot for it. I'm just seeking opinions on whether this would be a good buy (I know about the fuel economy issues and that isn't an issue) or not given that they will be around 12 plus years old. I've seen one with one owner, FSH but has £158k on the clock and was wondering if there have been any long term owners on there who could give me some advice or suggest an alternative. Price is at £1400.

Thanks a lot.

If its the same diesel 2.2 litre as used in the Lexus IS220d then I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole! Or go with the petrol model!

I had a 2006 Lexus IS220D and the engine was the worst thing about it apart from the badly geared gearbox. The turbo lag was dreadful. Head gasket was going and scrapped it at 187,000 miles. Should of bought the IS250.

I ended up buying a 2015 Auris hybrid and so far like it.

I also have a P reg 1996 Volvo 940 turbo auto petrol  estate that's my workhorse of 4 years. Paid £250 for it back then. Its simply reliable and comfy. Now has nearly 203,000miles and never let me down or needed recovering. Has had new rad, AC Condenser fitted by me and service items as well as new exhaust. I would drive it anywhere. Been to the west coast of Ireland several times and IOW several times.

James.

Volvo 940.jpg

Hi, thanks for the reply. I was aware of the head gasket issue so if I went ahead and looked at this motor then that would be the one question i was going to ask!

• Thanks 1

Toyota Avensis T25  2,0 D4D super!!!  Only to find living is necessary. Time does not spare an auto.))

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links