Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Voice Guidance (Sat Nav)

seraphim666

Hello all,

I used the built-in Sat Nav system the other day for the first time in earnest. Had no really problem with putting my destination and other journey options in and off I went.

However, it soon became apparent that there was no Voice Guidance. I had the radio on, tuned to a DAB radio station and fully expected the Sat Nav to override the radio when advising me to turn left, right etc. but no, nothing.

I have looked through the settings on Audio System and can't find an option to turn Voice Guidance on or off. My question is, is Voice Guidance the default when using the Sat Nav or do you have to adjust something in the settings.

Again, as usual, many thanks for any feedback.

Kind regards.

Seraphim666 (proud owner of Toyota Auris Icon +D-D4)

PS. It just goes to prove, nothing is idiot proof 🙂 

There is a mute button that is easy to touch and mutes sat nav voice, its just to the left of the screen 

21 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

There is a mute button that is easy to touch and mutes sat nav voice, its just to the left of the screen 

Hi Parts-King,

Thank you for that, I'll try that in the morning when I go out.

Regards,

Seraphim666

Hi Parts-King,

I found the mute on/off icon on the screen and all is working.

Thank you again

Regards, Seraphim666

On 2/28/2020 at 5:09 PM, seraphim666 said:

Hello all,

I used the built-in Sat Nav system the other day for the first time in earnest. Had no really problem with putting my destination and other journey options in and off I went.

However, it soon became apparent that there was no Voice Guidance. I had the radio on, tuned to a DAB radio station and fully expected the Sat Nav to override the radio when advising me to turn left, right etc. but no, nothing.

I have looked through the settings on Audio System and can't find an option to turn Voice Guidance on or off. My question is, is Voice Guidance the default when using the Sat Nav or do you have to adjust something in the settings.

Again, as usual, many thanks for any feedback.

Kind regards.

Seraphim666 (proud owner of Toyota Auris Icon +D-D4)

PS. It just goes to prove, nothing is idiot proof 🙂 

I used to have an Icon Tech with SatNav & there is def. voice guidance.  If I remember correctly you need to go into setting (Audio or Map) to adjust volume.

Doris will talk over the radio so you will need to turn your radio volume down below the satnave level

11 hours ago, seraphim666 said:

Hi Parts-King,

I found the mute on/off icon on the screen and all is working.

Thank you again

Regards, Seraphim666

:thumbsup:

• 7 months later...

Hi I have 16 plate Toyota auris map/nav says navigation not available on your system what do I need to do please help . 

What spec is the car? Icon doesn't have Nav as standard, but will have the button on the touchscreen. Requires an extra module installing into the car for it to work.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links