Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie - questions

Starensis

Just picked up my 2018 Excel and trying to understand some of the options/settings. I’ve done most of them, but just need some help on a couple.

1. Drive away locking. How can it be activated?

2. Vehicle customisation screen is blank on main screen. Should it contain some selectable functions?

3. Can remote locking be disabled?

Appreciate your help.

While you wait for a reply from an owner, this link gives some idea what you can do with Carista app (chargeable, sadly) and an OBD2 ELM 327 dongle.

https://caristaapp.com/vehicles/toyota/c-hr/1st-gen

Go to 'Customizations', then 'See Sample Customizations' and use the (very faint!) slider bar to roll down the options.

Adam, are you sure your car has drive away locking as an option?  My Prius Excel does not have it, nor, I think, 2019 RAV4 Excel owners.

Kist to add to what Gerg said about Carista. It used to be when you register your Carista unit online you get the first week for free. This gives you plenty time to have a look around before full payment comes in. Don’t know if they still do it, but they used to.

I’ve asked the dealer to have a look when it goes in next week. Noticed the C-HR projection from mirrors is almost illegible.

• 1 month later...

So there is no drive-away locking available on C-HR. Some legal rulings in Europe apparently.

Ive also purchased Carista and had a play with some settings. Also downloaded latest maps and software.
My Toyota app - I noticed after sending settings to car from app, keyless locking and lighting had been switched off. I’ve stopped using it now. It’s not very good.

Early summary of car since owning ( 4 weeks ):-

1. Heater is not great. Car drops into EV and heater loses its impact as engine is not running. Assumed car gap had PTC.

2. MPG not as good as I thought it would be. Summer months ( if we get out ) might improve it.

3. ICE system is a bit clunky and slow. Sound quality not as good as previous car. 

4. Front seats, leg support. Longer journeys could be an issue.

5. Good build quality. Was a little apprehensive being built in Turkey.

6. Nice looking car. Head-turner. 

All the above are early observations. These may end up being non-issues the longer I drive it - which may take some time under current climate.

Stay safe and 2m apart. 👍

We've had auto locking or drive away locking on each of our 3 i20's (2012, 2015, 2020) so doubt there is any EU legal obstacle preventing this being fitted by a manufacturer.

Toyota Motor Manufacturing in Turkey has been building cars since 1994 - versions of the Corolla since 1994, Corolla Verso 2004-2009, 3 door Auris 2007-2012, Verso 2009-2018, and the C-HR since 2016. The UK market had each of these models except the Corolla saloon between 2007-2019.

I had it also on my Lexus CT. My wife’s Nissan Juke also had it - albeit not enabled initially.

I do like cars built in Japan; most parts are sourced locally = better quality/durability. Just my preference and not saying there is anything wrong with cars built in Turkey or UK.