Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Hybrid 2l hybrid GR sport interior lights

Louie

Anybody know how to delay the automatic switch off of interior lights after you have entered the vehicle and i know you can switch lights in the overhead console but i dont want to fiddle with that. In my previous vehicle the lights would switch off when you started to move. Its so annoying to be plunged into darkness when you are trying to look for something before you are ready to go. 

20 hours ago, Louie said:

Anybody know how to delay the automatic switch off of interior lights after you have entered the vehicle and i know you can switch lights in the overhead console but i dont want to fiddle with that. In my previous vehicle the lights would switch off when you started to move. Its so annoying to be plunged into darkness when you are trying to look for something before you are ready to go. 

If you log into your customer portal, and go to vehicle settings, you can increase the delay on your interior lights to 30 seconds. Mine must be at the default of 15 seconds, as that is what it is set at now, so I expect yours are too, unless you already did this?

• Like 1

Thank you Timmon 

Another mystery is why after hitting  the power button to off getting out of the car and marching  up to the boot i have to press the unlock button on my Toyota key to get into the boot. The boot appears to be locked every time i do this and it is driving me crazy.

In the vehicle settings there’s an option to open just the drivers door on unlock or all of them. Change it to all so when you unlock the drivers door they all unlock. 

• Like 2

On 3/1/2020 at 7:26 PM, Louie said:

Thank you Timmon 

Another mystery is why after hitting  the power button to off getting out of the car and marching  up to the boot i have to press the unlock button on my Toyota key to get into the boot. The boot appears to be locked every time i do this and it is driving me crazy.

Do you have an owners manual? I've attached the one I use, it covers all models, so some features may not apply. See page 150 for opening the boot. I just open the hatch back using the buttons shown. You can open all doors from the boot, and lock them again. The only time I use the key fob is to disable the entry system at home.

OM12L35E.pdf

• Like 1

Hi Timmon

Yes i have a user manual but it does not appear to be complete as there are things in the car that are not mentioned in the manual. Thanks for the PDF i will take a look.

Just now, Louie said:

Yes i have a user manual but it does not appear to be complete as there are things in the car that are not mentioned in the manual.

Since around 2014, Toyota have supplied a shortened owners manual with new cars. One can download the full owners manual from https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

2 hours ago, Louie said:

Hi Timmon

Yes i have a user manual but it does not appear to be complete as there are things in the car that are not mentioned in the manual. Thanks for the PDF i will take a look.

Yes, my user manual supplied with the car  ( The dealer said I was one of the last to get a hard copy,it will be on line only from then on?) was a short version, I think the on line one I attached is a full version. Anyway, most questions are answered in the version I copied to you.But it does cover all models, including some features we don't have on our models.

You may be able to order a hard copy of the full owners manual from your dealer at your cost. I have one for my Aygo, ordered from Parts-King.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links