Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leak from timing chain cover

James_Delahunt

Hi everyone i have 2008 toyota avensis 2.0d4d 1adftv engine last year i replaced alternator during thebreplaceming i noticed a small oil leak from above where the alternator sits on the timing chain cover i have been cleaning this leak every service and keeping an eye on it however i was thinking next time im down there to change my water pump i might rub some wurth silicone gasket sealer along it n maybe hopefully seal this leak as i dont really want to go ripping out injectprs and valve cover just to take off the chain cover and replace gasket opinions i do all my own work im an apprentice technician i resealed my sump on my 2007 1.6vvti using wurth sealer n it hasnt leaked since 

I have no idea, but can you give us a link to the wurth silicone gasket sealer that you're referring to, so that we know which one to use if we have a problem in future, as I get the impression thst there's more than one type.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 9:15 PM, olddriver said:

I have no idea, but can you give us a link to the wurth silicone gasket sealer that you're referring to, so that we know which one to use if we have a problem in future, as I get the impression thst there's more than one type.

yes its very very good and most dealerships will use it its a v high standard wurth super RTV silicone gasket on amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wurth-Silicone-Adhesive-sealing-Compound/dp/B077BC2CJF/ref=asc_df_B077BC2CJF/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=404437550154&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4021281806971196624&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9047196&hvtargid=pla-865437814762&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=89736174921&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=404437550154&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4021281806971196624&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9047196&hvtargid=pla-865437814762

13826783.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links