Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlight Problem

Stampan

Hi Auris Owners,

The other day i noticed one low beam headlight not working on my 2010 Auris Hybrid.  I changed the bulb but that did not fix it and then noticed the original bulb looked okay so, i checked the fuses and could not see any that had blown, so did not replace any.  However since checking the fuses the main beam fails to work as well!!

My local dealer said that i may have to pay £160 to run it through their diagnostic machine per fault, which i would rather avoid.  I was wondering therefore if anyone here would kindly offer any advice or may have experienced a similar issue?

Hi,

Is it at all possible that you have removed and inspected the high beam bulb by mistake, and that after disturbing it you have broken the (very old?) filament in that high beam bulb?

And your low beam unit still has the original blown bulb.

I have a 2015 Auris Hybrid and the headlamp bulbs only have 1 filament. This is for dip and main beam, so it may just be the bulb, I would be inclined to test the bulb.

14 minutes ago, Steve 10 said:

I have a 2015 Auris Hybrid and the headlamp bulbs only have 1 filament. This is for dip and main beam, so it may just be the bulb, I would be inclined to test the bulb.

The first generation Auris (2007-October 2012) uses HB3 bulbs for high beam and H11 bulbs for low beam. The second generation Auris (December 2012-2019) uses HIR2 bulbs for both high and low beams.

Sorry, did not read this properly, bulb has already been changed.

If you have a multimeter or 12v tester, I would check for a feed at the bulb connector as a first step.

Guys,

Thanks for all your replies!  I really appreciate it and come to think of it i did try and change it after work when it was quite dark so i may have done what @Gerg mentioned above 🙂

I'll check it in the morning and if i do not notice anything then will test it using a multimeter.  By the way, would the high beam bulb fit inside the low beam plug socket?

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links