Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 hybrid 2017

romascenko

Hi i have a problem with noise that comes and goes in different speed (also when just turned on), it can be heard when motor works or while gliding on electric energy. It can be heard when radio off and air conditiononing off best but I can hear it now when everything is ON. On a video its sound is not as in live.... but maybe someone will recognize it or maybe someone had same problem. Service changed water pump (didnt help) and air collector just today but i havent seen car yet :) So if someone has any idea what could that be im buying a can of beer :)

rav4 noise

I just have to add that this sound is also present when just turning car on and when motor starts than the sound is heardable.. and when motor stops sound stops, but when driveing it can be heard while motor runnig or just gliding on electric.. It is heard like something is rotating and just bearly grinding on something.. what could that be? Is gearbox turning while standing in P? Oh yes i noticed also when im standing and i can hear the sound and i put it into N sound is less noisy... so i gues it comes from gearbox?

Sounds like gearbox.. Btw, I think you meant "can of worms" 😉

Somewhere i read a very good description of this sound it sound like a "whistle" like just gently blowing in a whistle... but in my case is pretty loud whistle sound..

Does switching the AC on and off have any bearing on the noise?

13 minutes ago, _dct_ said:

Does switching the AC on and off have any bearing on the noise?

yes it does too but noise is present when AC is off...

When you turn on motor and motor starts which components are turning when in park? Does transmision rotate? Is servo pump working? Oil pump? Does AC compressor turn even when AC is off? and etc? I hear noise while standing without AC... Im trying to figure it out which parts are turning because i belive it is part that rotates that makes this sound in standing or driveing...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links