Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Apple car play on my Corolla Hybrid Gr

Louie

My Apple car play has vanished so i can no longer use WAZE  grrrrrrrr. It used to come on by default after i had switched on the 

ignition. No amount of fiddling with menus can get it going. My iPhone normally plugs in via USB data slot and now the system will

not recognises and tries to connect to outside bluetooth mobiles. What is going on ?

Come across a few issues causing problems so far:

Faulty cable

IOS needing update

SIRI been turned off

Otherwise check page 57 on manual attached and re-run the setup 

OM12N39E.pdf

• Thanks 1

Most people on this forum don't have android auto or Apple carplay so i doubt you will find an answer. Have you tried turning it off and on again? Should work lol.

• Like 1

I’d also start with the Lightning to USB cable. I used to have it on my Škoda and quite many aftermarket cables were not fast enough for the file transfer needed for Carplay. I’d also restart iPhone as it could be iOS error as well...

• 2 weeks later...

My issue was trying to use the usb socket in the armrest instead of the CarPlay one under the dashboard! 

13 hours ago, Bikelife said:

My issue was trying to use the usb socket in the armrest instead of the CarPlay one under the dashboard! 

This is a big problem with the Corolla. How can they make just one USB port for data???
What if I want to have simultaneously plugged USB stick with music and also USB cable for CarPlay/Android Auto?
Currently I will have to remove the stick and plug the cable every time I want to use CarPlay and then revert them when I want music not from the phone... 

Just for comparison my previous Seat Leon had USB port and two! SD card slots for music/maps. So I could have everything plugged and just switch source from the menus.

1 hour ago, OXYGEN said:

This is a big problem with the Corolla. How can they make just one USB port for data???
What if I want to have simultaneously plugged USB stick with music and also USB cable for CarPlay/Android Auto?
Currently I will have to remove the stick and plug the cable every time I want to use CarPlay and then revert them when I want music not from the phone... 

Just for comparison my previous Seat Leon had USB port and two! SD card slots for music/maps. So I could have everything plugged and just switch source from the menus.

I don't have carplay/android auto yet but can't you use spotify and waze/maps simultaneously? 

You can. But sometimes I personally rely on my USB music source - for example not enough phone storage for downloading and driving abroad where streaming is not an option...
But anyways, it is stupid to provide two USB ports and one of them to be only power source.

You can use a usb 2 way splitter in the under dash port. This works fine for 2 usb discs or for a disc and music on a phone but Apple Play will not work through any splitter I have on any car I have had. I don’t know about Android Phones. I have a WiFi charger permanently plugged into the armrest port which is kept in under dash phone slot. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 3:08 PM, Ian.S said:

You can use a usb 2 way splitter in the under dash port. This works fine for 2 usb discs or for a disc and music on a phone but Apple Play will not work through any splitter I have on any car I have had. I don’t know about Android Phones. I have a WiFi charger permanently plugged into the armrest port which is kept in under dash phone slot. 

Hi Ian.S  Mind me asking what wireless charger you got to fit in the dash phone slot?  I started a topic on this yesterday but no replies yet.  Many thanks 👍

Hi jack Spratt

It is a CHOETECH T513-S. It measures 12cm x 7cm. I use it with an iPhone XR and it sits nicely and phone charges without having to fiddle about lining it up on the charger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Ian.s - Really appreciated 👍