Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car settings Corolla many questions etc

Louie

Still have not found how to alter door opening/shutting sequence and how to delay interior lights  dooooh☹️

My Apple car play which previously disappeared has now appeared however the screen will not show the Apple apps such as WAZE unless my iPhone is plugged into the USB data socket. The weird thing is if you connect the iPhone via bluetooth i can play music through it but not access the Apple play menu.😫

I don't understand the functionality of Smartlink as all i need is my iPhone to be connected nothing else. Any one know what Toyota app in the menu screen is for . I presume that i can access the Toyota servers by connecting to my wifi router etc ??

Last but not least any one know the fuel tank capacity of a Corolla Hybrid GR Sport 2l.

The manual specifically states that Car Play requires a cable connection to the USB data socket. bluetooth music is independent of Car Play and has long been supported on cars without Car Play like my old Yaris hybrid. For day to day use I can't be bothered with Car Play and use bluetooth music and Toyota navigation in my Corolla.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Louie said:

Still have not found how to alter door opening/shutting sequence and how to delay interior lights  dooooh☹️

Put car in ready mode, wait a few minutes, then press setup, then press vehicle, where you will have Lock settings, Climate settings & light settings

My Apple car play which previously disappeared has now appeared however the screen will not show the Apple apps such as WAZE unless my iphone is plugged into the USB data socket. The weird thing is if you connect the iphone via bluetooth i can play music through it but not access the Apple play menu.😫

Carplay / Android auto only operates via USB cable

I don't understand the functionality of Smartlink as all i need is my iphone to be connected nothing else. Any one know what Toyota app in the menu screen is for . I presume that i can access the Toyota servers by connecting to my wifi router etc ??

Smartdevicelink see Here was/is to be Toyotas own AA/CP but seems to have gone quiet since AA/CP was introduced, by connecting to a Hotspot/wifi from car you can update maps directly so long as you link the car to your MyT app

Last but not least any one know the fuel tank capacity of a Corolla Hybrid GR Sport 2l.

43L see page 601 of attached

OM12L35E.pdf

Not sure what you mean by the sequence of opening & shutting doors. You can set just the driver door to unlock or all doors, it's that what you mean? If you look at pages 611 to 619 (in my manual at least) it gives the options any whether you can do it or dealer only. It gives a reference to the relevant page in the manual for how to do it. (page 143, 145 & 160 in mine). It says turn the power of & the intrusion  sensor. Then, when the light isn't on on the key, hold the lock button on the key and then hold the unlock key for 5 seconds. That toggles the setting. 

For the interior light the default is light on for 15 seconds. Other settings are off, 7.5 seconds or 30 seconds. You'll probably have to go through the setup / vehicle menu on the infotainment system. The manuals give circular references between the two manuals. Alternatively go to a dealer

• Like 1

Many thanks to Geoff and Lee for clearing up a few things. The problem with my Toyota manual is its not the full versions and drones on about functionalities i dont have such as remote rear hatch door opening and the switches involved etc etc. I have often thought is this the right manual for my current vehicle as it tends to mention the estate more. Anyway i now have a selection of manuals to chose from sent by helpful forum members thanks guys.