Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Yaris SR 2008 1.4 Diesel Tomtom TNS400

Liquito

Hello

I have been trying for the last few weeks to connect my phone so I can use spotify through my radio rather than usbs. I had no luck so far since the bluetooth feature is only used for phone calls.

I am looking to replace the radio with something that can allow me to pair my phone and use it through it but am not sure what radio I should use. There are plenty options when it comes to android radios, my phone is Xiaomi Redmi Note8 Pro, but I don't know how to pick one. Before buy one I figured I will need:

• The overall dimension to be sure it will fit
  • The input in the back to be sure it can connect properly
  • Actually has the features I want it to have

Anyone knows if I need ot be aware of any other factors that Toyota put in place to avoid replacing te radio? I don't know if that is a thing with Toyota, or this specific model of a car, but I heard other people having issues with such problems before so I was wondering if there is anything I should look out for?

I don't know if that is a thing with Toyota, or this specific model of a car, but I heard other people having issues with such problems before so I was wondering if there is anything I should look out for?

Just one question: Does your radio offer the opportunity to plug in a CD changer? If so, there may be available either a rather cheap aux in cable or a more sophisticated digital media player, because an Audio CD changer interface always contains wires for a direct, analog Audio input.

I had a Citroen with a factory installed radio, which was set up to control a CD changer. However, the changer was not installed.

So I found an aftermarket solution for about 85 Euro, which was a small box (the size of a pack of cigarettes) with a cable to plug into the CD changer interface. This small box featured an USB socket, an SD card slot and a 3.5 mm audio socket. Besides that it had a bluetooth module and a microphone.

This device allowed me to play MP3 from USB or SD card, plug in just any music source (walkman or whatever) - and the bluetooth interface could be paired with my iPhone for streaming music, using the phone as a satnav system or a handsfree phone - just brilliant.

Some vendors also offer rather cheap adapter cables to plug into the changer interface, which add a 3.5 mm socket for aux in to the radio. Then you simply can connect your phone via a cable to the socket and listen to every sound it plays - including Spotify.

I do not know your particular radio, so the first step should be to find out if it is designed to control a CD changer. If so, try to find out the exact type of the radio and search for strings like "digital media player". If your radio can control a CD changer, you need a media player or a cable exactly for this type of radio.

I do not know if this may help, but my media player had the brand name "Yakumo", and I got it over eBay in Germany.

Best regards from Bavaria
Frank

Aftermarket radios are either single or double din (international standardized size) you then need a steering wheel controls adapter, a facia, and aerial adapter (connects2 do a kit)

As for brands stick with Pioneer or Alpine, if you want android auto, entry level start around £300

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links