Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New corolla hybrid & dash cam

Roger F

Hi all, loving the Corolla Hybrid picked up on Monday. Have any of you guys fitted a Dash Cam? It looks as if it is not easy as it will not fit under the interior mirror because of the huge box containing the sensors. On my previous car it went under mirror quite comfortably. So any advice gratefully received. Thanks Roger.

Mines fine. I have front and rear. Also it cant be seen from drivers position becuase rear view hides it. Cant put up pics for some reason unfortunately.

Oh ok thanks, So you have fitted it below the plastic sensorbox in the centre of screen.

I have front & rear on my Touring Sport, got a deal for the front one from the dealership so they fitted it with a hardwire kit included, it's a Nextbase 380GW.  They fitted it just to the left of the mirror, it cannot be seen from the driving position, the rear one is a Roadhawk Vision that is nice and small so even sat in the centre of the rear screen at the top it is hardly noticeable in the mirror.

Yep. Mines on the left hand side too. Fitted it myself though. Give me your email I send the pic over if you want

14 minutes ago, Roger F said:

Oh ok thanks, So you have fitted it below the plastic sensorbox in the centre of screen.

If it can't be seen from the drivers position the same as mine can't I would think it is just to the left of the sensor box, it does not matter being that short distance from the centre of the car.  I suggested to Toyota UK last year that with the car having a camera in the front anyway why don't they add a slot for an SD card and have the ability to use it as a Dashcam as well, other makers are now doing this.

21 minutes ago, TazUddin said:

Yep. Mines on the left hand side too. Fitted it myself though. Give me your email I send the pic over if you want

Thank you, it’s roger.f@ntlworld.com

21 hours ago, Sidrat said:

I have front & rear on my Touring Sport, got a deal for the front one from the dealership so they fitted it with a hardwire kit included, it's a Nextbase 380GW.  They fitted it just to the left of the mirror, it cannot be seen from the driving position, the rear one is a Roadhawk Vision that is nice and small so even sat in the centre of the rear screen at the top it is hardly noticeable in the mirror.

My dealer offered me a deal with the Nextbase 380GW as well. Neat package and fitted unobtrusively to the left of the rear view mirror. And hardwired - cables hidden. Haven't bothered with the rear view camera yet. 

Got mine Sunday, also dealer fitted.  Put it to use today after idiot did a right turn in front of me.  Passenger pressed the red  triangle.  The video plus video before the press were marked on the thumbnail and downloaded to the phone.

I have flitted  a Nextbase 422GW Dashcam in the centre below sensor box behind the interior mirror to my corolla hatchback also i have a Nextbase rearview camera which plugs into the front camera which is hardwired to the fusebox without any issues. Which i had with  a blackvue DR750S which was removed after a week and replaced with the Nextbase dash cam.

Pictures of  Nextbase 422GW Dashcam and rear camera the front camera sits below the sensor box and behind the interior mirror  and it doesn't obscure the drivers or passengers view. The rear camera sits at the top of the sweep of the rear wiper and doesn't block your rear view. Also the front and rear Dashcam doesn't interfere with the DAB radio or the SAT NAV which some dashcams can do.

IMG_0569.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

Here are some photos of my installation, as previously posted here the front camera is a Nextbase 380GW, the rear a Roadhawk Vision.

The first photo is my view from the drivers seat, you can just see the cable for the front one on the top left of the rear view mirror, if you zoom in on the mirror you can see the rear camera in the top centre of the rear window.  Second and third photos are better views of both cameras, last photo a closer view of what I see in the mirror.

20200307_124821.jpg

20200307_124524.jpg

20200307_124617.jpg

20200307_124645.jpg

Thanks for the pics, I will be buying Thinkware F800 pro, had the F770 in my Kia and was well impressed.

Here's mine (just one front camera) which is hardwired and connected to the cigarette lighter fuse under the glovebox.
It's a BlueSkySea B1W.25a500c3f24c283714739580c1cb32b7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I will be fitting a Nextbase camera in the new car which I pick up on Friday. Reading the above from @bewA the connection is to the cigarette lighter fuse. Is it okay to use a 'piggyback' fuse holder, (as I currently do),  and which is the cigarette lighter fuse please? Thank you for any information supplied.

Hi yes you can use a piggyback fuse holder and you need to use 15 amp fuse which is marked P/OUTLET on the fusebox under the panel below the the glovebox. The only downside using a piggyback fuse holder is that you can't put the cover back on the fusebox 

• 4 months later...
On 3/8/2020 at 2:46 PM, bewA said:

Here's mine (just one front camera) which is hardwired and connected to the cigarette lighter fuse under the glovebox.
It's a BlueSkySea B1W.25a500c3f24c283714739580c1cb32b7.jpg

Would you be so kind to show hot to reach that fuse? Also, did you remove the side pillar? I couldn't find any tutorial how to do that...

Hi all you need part remove the door frame rubber seal and remove the end cover from the passenger side of the dashboard which just clips off and you see the fusebox.

@Leo63 Thank i think i understood. What about the side pillar? Any idea how to take it off?
I hope it does not have these weird clips as other models:

That vid would have been so handy when mine was fitted a couple of months ago. My son fitted it who is very adept at these things. It was an absolute swine to get that back in. Especially as it was So difficult to see what we were doing. 

I had the Nextbase 380GW dealer fitted. A neat job done. Now the do the GWX i am wondering if they can add on the rear cam extension or if it only comes as a double pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Leo63 said:

Hi you can't add a rear camera to nextbase 380GW

I had a Nextbase 322GW fitted by dealer because this model comes with the add on rear view camera.

I ordered the Nextbase GW380 from my dealer, but they said they'd experienced 'an issue' with some earlier installations and couldn't get hold of tech support, so are unwilling currently to install one for me.

So any GW380 owners out there - are there any issues please?