Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 2013 Front suspension noise

A Salam

Hello everyone. I have corolla 2013 here in Pakistan. It has done around 60000km.

Problem is, its front suspension generates very little tiny popping noise like 'puk' 'puk' kinda sound when going over  small bumps. Pops are faint, does not sound loud. I do feel little viberation on the floor whenever this noise is generated. Otherwise suspension does not clunk or rattle. 

I have been trying to figure out for a while what is causing this issue. I have inspected bushes, outer tie rods and ball joints. They all look ok. 

Any thoughts?

Hi,

Could be so many things, any of those joints you mention.

Possibly suspects, the anti roll bar bushes are a known wear item for such knocks.

It could be the early stages of brake pad rattle, try holding the brakes on slightly as you go over a bump, if the sound has gone it could be that.

Wonder if the rubber bellows / cover of the shock absorbers are catching on something  ?

Thanks Oldcodger. 

I tried to check clearance in antiroll bar bushes with prybar but it didnt not show any movement on both sides. 

I shall try that slight brake thing. 

Shocks cover look alright. But I shall check them again.

Anti roll bar bushes causing that noise. I disconnected anti roll bar linkages, making anti roll bar disconnected from car suspension. took a test drive at moderate speed. 

Finally That annoying faint tup tup puk puk noise was gone. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links