Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Handbooks etc - new model

AP1

New member here hoping you can help.  I took delivery of my new model RAV4 last week and no booklets were sent with it.  The dealership have subsequently sent a ‘user guide’ booklet only but I’m sure it is for a previous version as it refers to manual handbrake levers and the displays aren’t the same as in my vehicle.  Before I go back to the dealership, can anyone please let me know what manuals / cards etc I should have received.  I have the Excl with JBL etc pack also if that makes any difference. Thanks

There should be handbooks covering most things with the car. You can also download the more detailed handbook on line. Have a look for any pics or diagrams of RAV4 in your handbook and if it has round wheelarches then it’s the old model if it has square then it’s the new model.

20 minutes ago, AP1 said:

New member here hoping you can help.  I took delivery of my new model RAV4 last week and no booklets were sent with it.  The dealership have subsequently sent a ‘user guide’ booklet only but I’m sure it is for a previous version as it refers to manual handbrake levers and the displays aren’t the same as in my vehicle.  Before I go back to the dealership, can anyone please let me know what manuals / cards etc I should have received.  I have the Excl with JBL etc pack also if that makes any difference. Thanks

Hi, I got the user guide with the car. It is a brief (around 150 to 200) page summary. 

Have you got a MyToyota account set up? With this you get full access to the proper user manual (around 750 pages). Although dozens of the pages are warnings or compliance notes in various languages 

Thanks both.  I should have checked for the wheel arch detail initially.  It is definitely a previous version as the wheel arches on the diagrams are curved.  Thanks for your quick responses.

Toyota have  only supplied an abbreviated manual with new cars since 2014. The full owners manual may be downloaded from My Toyota either by doing a VIN search or a generic search - eg https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

You may be able to order a hard copy of the full owners manual from your dealer, at your cost.

Thanks - I’ve spoken to the dealership this morning and they are going to send the correct version That I should have received with the car out to me.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links