Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is the 1.4 D4D Auris Estate powerful enough for a taxi

avensisd4d786

1.4 d4d owners what are your thoughts?

57 minutes ago, avensisd4d786 said:

1.4 d4d owners what are your thoughts?

Short answer, yes.

• Like 2

All the Auris taxi's I have seen have been the hybrid model.

Euro 5 Diesel will be banned in major cities soon. Needs to be Euro 6 from memory 2017 on. I have a hybrid Auris and its great and even more economical in Birmingham. In 2007 we had a Corolla 1.4D4D in France, bought new and that had 89bhp. It was absolutely fine in our hatchback, so would imagine fine in an Auris.

James.

• Like 1

From the March 2015 facelift the 1.4D4D was Euro 6 - https://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-auris-2015-engine-line-up-explained

As regards Clean Air Zones, the first of which will be introduce this year (Birmingham), diesels won't be banned. However, unless they comply with Euro6 (IV) they will incur the daily charge. Once the daily charge is paid, they can travel in and out of the Zone without restriction on that day. A 24 hour day runs from 12 midnight to 12 midnight, rather than when one enters the zone

See the following extract for the Birmingham Clean Air Zone:To avoid paying to drive in the Clean Air Zone your vehicle will need to meet certain criteria, depending on the fuel type:

"To avoid paying to drive in the Clean Air Zone your vehicle will need to meet certain criteria, depending on the fuel type:

• Diesel – Euro 6 (VI) standard or better (most new registrations after 1 September 2015)
  • Petrol or LPG added to original petrol engine – Euro 4 standard or better (most new registrations after 1 January 2006)
  • Gas – Euro 6 (VI) standard or better
  • Fully electric or hydrogen fuel cell – all are compliant and avoid Clean Air Zone charges
  • Hybrid electric – the diesel/petrol engine must meet the relevant criteria above"
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have 1.4d happily run five adults and luggage’s it’s never massively quick but does the job and your not screaming at it to go quicker.

• Like 1

If you want to be like the film Taxi forget about it, 😄, Now seriously I think it’s ok for taxi as long as you alright driving manual in traffic there is no other reason why not to be used as taxi this 1.4d . 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links