Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota rav4 hybrid sat nav

Bwh

Is there any way you can stop the map display reverting back to the original car settings when you stop and restart the car. You spend irritating time setting the map display to your personal liking for it only to be ignored. Surely Toyota can get this sorted even though the navigation system is years out of date compared to other manufacturers. 

Yes it is a pain. But I did a navigation update and it has seemed to remove some of the issues (or my preception of them). Worth doing the update, but that is a pain as you ned the car on for about 90 mins

Thanks BigR1ch,  how do you do the update, do you have to download it on to a memory stick. 

Just had a email from toyota uk. Hope this helps everybody

D1ECBCAE-BAD4-4EFB-81CF-9F0093462B51.thumb.png.66d95c38fdae46e9d51417cdf62b3080.png

• Thanks 1

There is a free navigation firmware upgrade to fix that issue. Check with your dealer.

There is a previous topic on this subject

Hi BigR1ch,  could you direct me to where i can download the nav map update please, my robbing dealer wants £150. To do it. 

Are you sure the £150 is to update the maps? I’m maybe wrong but that sounds like installing the Apple Car Play / Android thingy when not having a service. Where in Yorkshire is your dealer?

I’d check with them the actual update they want to charge £150 for. I use the dealer in York and as I only got mine on 1st March I think all the updates were done before collection. But not the Apple/Android thingy as that isn’t available until sometime in May I think.

Unless policy changed, but you used to get free maps for first three years.

go to https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/

Sign in (if not ywet got an account create one)

then on top right click on My Toyota - "your username"

click on estore

all apps

then add 2019 V2 Map Update to the basket.

then check out (its free)

Then go to Purchases

You will then find the 2019 V2 Map update and the link to download it (Warning it 12gb in size)

follow the instructions provided to extract to a USB pen drive and how to install it in the car, via the USB port behind the gear stick

you also need to print the activation code.

hope that helps

A map update will not fix the map orientation problem. The Toyota response is incorrect in stating a map update fixes the problem, as it is a firmware update that fixes the orientation issue and is covered under warranty and installed by the dealer.

As above the later CY17 / CY19 Systems installed in new Rav differ from the earlier Touch 2 system in older Rav where both software and maps where bundled in update twice a year this was easier for updating but also meant "fixes" had to wait for Spring/Autumn map updates before they where released the new systems split software and maps so fixes can be released much quicker

If you press "setup" then on the right menu scroll down to "software update" there are 3 headings

DCU/Audio this is the touch screen audio unit

MEU/Naviigation this is the Media extension unit / Nav ECU

navdb_version this is the map version.

DCU / Audio

On Rav4 there are two Audio/Screen manufacturers if you read the model ID if the 4th from last digit is:

C unit is manufactured by Deson Ten latest DCU firmware is 1215 and includes the following fix

Bad voice quality on Hands Free talk. The far end party cannot hear well and asks again and again to repeat. Symptoms: A-word cutting, B-Muffled audio, C-low volume.

This is due to a double Noise cancelling phenomenon by combined noise cancelling in Microphone and in DCU. SW version 1215 and higher (future) versions of this SW include the C/M to this phenomenon.

D unit is manufactured by Panasonic latest DCU firmware is 1011 and includes the following fixes:

• Connectivity issues:

• Not possible to register a new bluetooth device

• Failed bluetooth connection due to communication delay

• When listening to Spotify with an iPhone 8 connected via USB, the playback time does not change from 3 minutes 45 seconds

• iPod Audio does not play automatically after the end of Hands-free call

• Phone call history not updated

• Playback song information not changing on display.

• For T1 DCU only: Internet tethering via Wi-Fi to the unit is enabled when MEU is connected.

• Miracast connection not possible

• Audio issues:

• Audio sources are not able to play out sounds after incoming phone call

• No sound from rear Speakers

• General issues:

• Map screen is black, crashes and restarts

• System reboots intermittently

• Cannot operate air conditioner.(Correction of CAN microcomputer software)

• Translation issues:

• Change of wording: "Clip" in fuel consumption screen in German language.

• Change of wording: "full front" in Hungarian and Ukrainian languages.

• Gracenote Database update

MEU / navigation ECU latest firmware is 1530 and includes the following fixes:

• MEU Software release version 1530:

• Unlogical traffic information (showing 4.5 million km on right side bar)

• Map in map screen changes to 2D North from another orientation after IG cycle, not keeping customer preferred view. (This does not solve having only 2D North in home screen).

• Missing fix speed cams in Austria.

• Map appears wrongly displayed due to map rendering algorithm.

• RDS paying TMC not available.

• Emergency incident pop-ups appearing when incident does not happen on current road.

• 12-V Battery flat due to MEU not getting into sleep mode after short IG ON-OFF cycle.

• MEU Software release version 1520:

• Wrong navigation guidance speech in Hungarian: translation of word "street" said twice by the navigation unit.

• Wrong side of navigation traffic information for left-hand traffic countries.

• Not enough

• When using voice recognition to input an address, it does not recognise voice input. Due to error related to sampling frequency mismatch.

• When using map, it appears loading endlessly.

• Navigation cursor turning more or less than vehicle due to gyroscope wrong calibration.

• MEU Software release version 1512

• After ignition on the map view is not displayed and the driver will see a black screen. The functions of the DCU remain fully functional.

Map Navdb_version 

Latest maps should read as 2019v2 , there will be an update on this as soon as the Spring map update is issued

Firmware fixes can be applied at your dealer as a warranty repair based on a fix for one of the recognised issues ( a good dealer should do this if asked even without an issue ) or via www.toyota-tech.eu access here is chargeable though.

Map updates can again be done at dealer and should be without charge or via MyToyota account.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that. I was getting frustrated with all the bugs on my system. I will head to the dealer tomorrow and ask for the firmware to be sorted.

Mine is a D unit on 1011 and 1512 so a lot of bugs on the nav. Some are not listed above, such as an incorrect language string “traffic ralenti”

Out of interest, is there anywhere we can look up the current releases so we can keep abreast of changes?

• 2 weeks later...

Called into my local dealer yesterday for a MEU software update to version 1530. Success, now my navigation map maintains the setting and points north.  

• Like 1

It took about 45 min to complete and best of all it was done with no charge. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 11:56 AM, Bwh said:

Thanks BigR1ch,  how do you do the update, do you have to download it on to a memory stick. 

Yes, you have to register at https://www.toyota.co.uk/ under the My toyota on right handside and then you have to go to the eshop and download the software. All the instructions are on the site a to how to do it.

Not the most simplest thing.

its a 12gb download btw

• 1 month later...

Map update 2020 V1 now available in the estore 

1 hour ago, Yorkboy said:

Map update 2020 V1 now available in the estore 

Thanks, downloading it now.

I've just had a free nav update done by the dealer after I'd reported that the position arrow on the map was way off any route currently being displayed.  The update took close to an hour and a half and has definitely fixed the map orientation problem so that the heading now stays as selected in the Settings menu.  However, I seem to recall that before this update, it was possible to change to current heading setting by simply pressing the position pointer on the screen to select the next of the three heading displays.  (This also works after the latest nav update.)

BTW, if you're waiting in reception at the dealers while they're updating your car's navigation, it's advisable to first switch off your mobile phone, or turn Bluetooth off.  Apparantly, the bluetooth signal interferes with the download if your phone has previously been registered on the car.