Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2 DCAT - fault codes and won't rev beyond 1500rpm

Craig staples

Right I have a few problems with my rav4 2.2 dcat 2008 it's got a lot of fault codes and it won't rev above 1.500 rpm the codes are p2048 P0045 P0102 P0488 can anyone tell me what's going on with it  cleaned all sensors plus egr but still won't run right please help 

Split into new topic.

Off the top of my head that’s boost solenoid, injector voltage and EGR voltage and MAF. I know you said you’d cleaned all of the sensors and EGR, now is probably a good time to invest in a VCI lead and start pricing up a new MAF Or swapping a known good one in, also check the EGR valve is actually operating/getting power, I’ve seen some horrible/stupid bodges over the years in attempts to stop it opening rather than just blanking it. Injector issues include this engine often tend to be the 5th injector in the exhaust, is it smoking?

P2048  Short to GND in Reductant Injector Circuit (Bank 1)

P0045 Turbocharger / Supercharger Boost Control Solenoid Circuit / Open

P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input

P0488 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Throttle Position Control Range / Performance

The first 3 all appear to be circuit/electrical issues and the 4th can be caused by circuit issues, perhaps pays for a few hours access HERE and copy/save/print the diagnostic processes and look for a commonality such as a plug or ecu for all four of the fault codes 

• 2 weeks later...

just a brain !Removed! but id start looking at them backwards p0488 egr sluggish gummed up or sticking / possible causing p0102 low maf reading due to sticking egr allowing intake through egr instead of maf / possibly causing p0045 boost issues also and other code erroneous 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links