Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Wiper unit - replace Valeo unit with Denso on Mk1 Avenisis Liftback?

Peter Glos

2002 Mk1 Avensis Liftback -  The rear wiper motor unit has failed and is beyond repair (blown PCB). It is a Valeo unit 85130-05041 and I've been unable to find a replacement. Is it possible / practical to fit the Denso unit from the Mk2 Avensis, part 85130-05090 please? The Denso unit is readily available. Thanks for any advice. Peter 

The most obvious problem with trying to fit a Mk2 wiper motor is the wiper sweeps nearly 180° compared to just over 90° for the Mk1. Then you have to adapt it to fit, plus wiring compatibility. Yes the rear wiper has been one of the few weakness of the Mk1. I had the problem myself though not as bad.
You will need to keep searching for a good used Mk1 unit. Not sure if the Carina unit would fit and being even older, I would not hold out. 

13 hours ago, Peter Glos said:

2002 Mk1 Avensis Liftback -  The rear wiper motor unit has failed and is beyond repair (blown PCB). It is a Valeo unit 85130-05041 and I've been unable to find a replacement. Is it possible / practical to fit the Denso unit from the Mk2 Avensis, part 85130-05090 please? The Denso unit is readily available. Thanks for any advice. Peter 

yano valeo are not bad at all just when you think its a toyota genuine part in the box you will often examine to see its in fact valeo i cant fault valeo wgen ut comes to toyota parts so get the valeo unit if needs be n tbh this nonsense denso is better than valeo or Bosch is better than denso is rubbish im a mechanic n ive seen certain parts vendors will make goid parts replacements in a particular field n others will be no good in that field but excel in others example denso alternator v good Bosch one not as good but Bosch injector in my opinion better n more refined than denso 

Thank you Konrad and James, much appreciated. I'll keep looking! Peter 

On 3/10/2020 at 11:34 PM, James_Delahunt said:

yano valeo are not bad at all just when you think its a toyota genuine part in the box you will often examine to see its in fact valeo i cant fault valeo wgen ut comes to toyota parts so get the valeo unit if needs be n tbh this nonsense denso is better than valeo or bosch is better than denso is rubbish im a mechanic n ive seen certain parts vendors will make goid parts replacements in a particular field n others will be no good in that field but excel in others example denso alternator v good bosch one not as good but bosch injector in my opinion better n more refined than denso 

Could you write the above in sentence form using , and . where needed?

• Haha 1