Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Hybrid GR Sports 2 L handling

Louie

I am impressed with the TS on the motorway, seems the longer wheelbase makes a difference to stability at speed

• Like 3

Yeah the handling in the TNGA platform cars is a very noticeable step up from their previous chassis designs. They did some good work developing this new platform!

• Like 1

I come from Audi TT, and I find Corolla 2.0 TS on 18" relatively stable at motorway speed and grip can be compared to a TT at any legal speed.
I am also quite happy with the handling and steering feel.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cyker said:

Yeah the handling in the TNGA platform cars is a very noticeable step up from their previous chassis designs. They did some good work developing this new platform!

This can be seen even from outside, Corolla roof height is almost 10cm lower than my Auris and space inside is less than in a Yaris all models where my car has room as much as in avensis 😉,. Corolla hatchback has the worst space on rear seats from all other cars in its class where previously been a class leader, but at least they handle better. From all new cars only Golf 8 remained roomier with standard roof height and perhaps the new Astra that looks really good, no interesting drive trains so Toyota hybrid wins again. Btw Yaris Cross comes as direct competitor and replacement for Corolla hatchback, smaller footprint bigger inside and more efficient 👌

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Corolla hatchback has the worst space on rear seats from all other cars in its class

Factually wrong - Corolla hatch has the 2nd worst rear seat space in its class.

The Peugeot 308 T9 hatchback has the worst rear seat space in the class as measured by What Car - plus I should know as I currently own one.

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2022 at 12:03 PM, TonyHSD said:

This can be seen even from outside, Corolla roof height is almost 10cm lower than my Auris and space inside is less than in a Yaris all models where my car has room as much as in avensis 😉,. Corolla hatchback has the worst space on rear seats from all other cars in its class where previously been a class leader, but at least they handle better. From all new cars only Golf 8 remained roomier with standard roof height and perhaps the new Astra that looks really good, no interesting drive trains so Toyota hybrid wins again. Btw Yaris Cross comes as direct competitor and replacement for Corolla hatchback, smaller footprint bigger inside and more efficient 👌

This is why the current Corolla made far more sense as an estate for me. Still handles good and changes direction nicely without being too small on the inside or ugly on the outside. 👍

• Like 2

Yaris cross is far less economical than the Toyota 

seats have no support

it does have a lot more space

but it’s not a car id want to take on the motorway especially long distance

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Woofwoof said:

Yaris cross is far less economical than the Toyota 

seats have no support

it does have a lot more space

but it’s not a car id want to take on the motorway especially long distance

Never been in either Yaris or Yaris cross myself but from the reviews watched online I think you are right, they are noisy on motorways. Prius or Corolla or perhaps Camry are way more suitable for motorway driving. 👍

Camry is very comfortable

I actually found them 1.8 Corolla hybrid pertain more refined than the Camrys (besides the direct injection), it a just more linear and predictable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woofwoof said:

Camry is very comfortable

I actually found them 1.8 Corolla hybrid pertain more refined than the Camrys (besides the direct injection), it a just more linear and predictable

That’s what I am thinking of buying  next in design or GR sport TS., saloon also considered, hatchback is nice but the lack of any leg room on rear seat is putting me off. 

Corolla roof height is almost 10cm lower than my Auris

The height of the first generation Auris hybrid was 1510mm, the second generation Auris hybrid 1475mm (a 35mm reduction) and the Corolla 1435mm (a further 40mm reduction). So compared to the first generation Auris the Corolla is 7.5cm lower.

my car has room as much as in avensis

Doubtful as the Avensis has a 100mm longer wheelbase (2700mm as opposed to 2600mm), although the height is 30mm less.

• Thanks 1

It's possible; The Yaris Mk4 is significantly longer than the Mk1 and Mk2 but definitely has less space inside, esp for the rear passengers. Partly because it doesn't have the sliding rear seats and they've given far too much space to the boot, but also the nose/engine bay takes up a larger percentage of the car's length than before, esp. compared to the very snub-nosed Mk2!

49 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The height of the first generation Auris hybrid was 1510mm, the second generation Auris hybrid 1475mm (a 35mm reduction) and the Corolla 1435mm (a further 40mm reduction). So compared to the first generation Auris the Corolla is 7.5cm lower.

Doubtful as the Avensis has a 100mm longer wheelbase (2700mm as opposed to 2600mm), although the height is 30mm less.

Well almost there 10cm vs 7.5cm😊 👌

I never measured but just by looking at them side by side . 

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

That’s what I am thinking of buying  next in design or GR sport TS., saloon also considered, hatchback is nice but the lack of any leg room on rear seat is putting me off. 

Salon has been axed from the uk market

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links