Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake pads - interesting video

ziauris

I am looking for new brake pads and discs for Auris 2007 1.6L petrol, came across this video which suggests OE pads are best (probably same with the discs too).

When I last replaced my pads (think they were original ones), it said Jurid Bosch on them from memory and I think the discs are Bosch too. If I buy from Toyota dealer will I get OE parts or lower quality brake parts (after market) ones??  

From a Toyota dealer I would expect OEM. Doubtful they will be made by Toyota but will be sourced from a reputable manufacturer.

I bought a set of Toyota front pads and disc, for my Yaris, from a Toyota dealer through that well known auction site. They were no more expensive than "quality" aftermarket alternatives.

My front brakes are ATE and I would suspect that the pads and discs, although in Toyota boxes, are probably supplied by ATE. Originally a German company, I believe? (ATE Teves)

If you buy from a Toyota dealer I would expect them to sell you genuine OE parts

The term OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) actually boils my p**s, the most overused phrase in the industry which DOES NOT mean you are getting original parts. OEM means that supplier makes parts for the manufacturer, it does NOT mean the same quality will be used for the after market. OEM companies make parts with differing quality levels to suit the after market. If you want a quality part, use GENUINE parts or from a top supplier such as Ferodo/Bosch/Brembo etc. That phrase "OEM" should be banned 

• Like 3

What do you think about EBC Brakes? I have been using them for few years now on couple of different cars and I  like them 

55 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

What do you think about EBC Brakes? I have been using them for few years now on couple of different cars and I  like them 

The original pads and discs performed pretty well, at around 60k I replaced the pads with Pagid ones and they are good too, but after watching the youtube video I would like to have OE pads and discs again and will see how much OE discs and pads cost. If they cost too much from Mr T, I will buy Bosch/ATE/Brembo/Delphi ones as there's Some decent deals on Mister Auto at the minute. 

I've never knowingly used EBC

12 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Only used them on Bikes, and very good they were too 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 8:46 PM, ziauris said:

The original pads and discs performed pretty well, at around 60k I replaced the pads with Pagid ones and they are good too, but after watching the youtube video I would like to have OE pads and discs again and will see how much OE discs and pads cost. If they cost too much from Mr T, I will buy Bosch/ATE/Brembo/Delphi ones as there's Some decent deals on Mister Auto at the minute. 

PM me your Reg number and let me know what you need, I will price genuine for you :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I got some textar front discs for £40 off the bay of e - decent price, but hologram seal was broken and i was hoping for made in germany, but it says "engineered in germany" on the box :-/

a lot of genuine parts are faked, and made who knows where, it's a big market, especially if you are buying on eBay and alike

28 minutes ago, furtula said:

a lot of genuine parts are faked, and made who knows where, it's a big market, especially if you are buying on ebay and alike

Yeah, I was aware of that but hoped that they were on cheap as its old car and so old stock. They cost £62 from Mister Auto so I thought it was worth a shot. I got them from aceparts_uk UK seller and they seem to have a good rep / following on pistonheads. Might contact / take them to  textar UK and ask them to check the discs out, they are in cleckheaton, so not too far from me. Link is https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-OE-Textar-Coated-Front-Vented-Brake-Discs-Pair-Set-92163703/192730966883?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

On 3/24/2020 at 8:30 PM, ziauris said:

Yeah, I was aware of that but hoped that they were on cheap as its old car and so old stock. They cost £62 from Mister Auto so I thought it was worth a shot. I got them from aceparts_uk UK seller and they seem to have a good rep / following on pistonheads. Might contact / take them to  textar UK and ask them to check the discs out, they are in cleckheaton, so not too far from me. Link is https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-OE-Textar-Coated-Front-Vented-Brake-Discs-Pair-Set-92163703/192730966883?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

They are genuine! Well happy, I paid the same amount as I would for crappy eicher or drivemaster or some other third tier disc