Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 1.8 SR exhaust. Help needed

Gazmac

Help the back box on my Yaris SR 1.8L (2008) has just fallen off, local exhaust companies have no stock. Does anyone know where I might get one of how much a custom would be?

Cheers Gaz.

See 

What sort of ball park figure do you think it would be for a custom

Tried a dealer?

It all depends on your area, and so many other variables, have a read of the above thread

There's a place in Leeds that carry out custom stainless exhaust systems for approx. £350! So I would imagine they would be a similar price nearer you.

I faced the same problem with my Mk1 T-Sport so I had a custom one made with a lifetime guarantee for £350

1 hour ago, Silver Yaris said:

I faced the same problem with my Mk1 T-Sport so I had a custom one made with a lifetime guarantee for £350

The car will rot away before the exhaust does, a friend had an exhaust done by Piper in Folkestone that must be 15 years ago with no issues

Our 2003 Yaris D4D has its original exhaust. virtually rust free...

It may outlive me .. Covid -19 permitting...

I had this problem a year ago. Back box was rotting and a small hole in the centre section after the cat. I purchased a back box from Toyota (£150) and a stainless mid section (fox in Germany). £320 all in, including fitting at local garage. The original exhaust (2 part) had to be cut after the cat/silencer.

I didn't go for a custom exhaust because it would mean having to declare a modification. I'm hoping it last for a couple more years, but I would be careful buying the 1.8 yaris at its current age because a standard exhaust is well over £1200 from Toyota and there's no copy parts available, unless you buy from a custom exhaust outlet. I would be surprised if £350 covers the cat as well.

Had my MOT yesterday and it passed with no advisories. First since having the exhaust work done.

in your thread i posted a link to euroflo that list the exhaust for the 1.8

ECTY1111TA  front pipe and cat

EXTY6206  rear box

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies and advice, I have managed to get a main dealer part supplied and fitted for £230

• 1 year later...
On 3/15/2020 at 8:37 PM, stantheman1 said:

There's a place in Leeds that carry out custom stainless exhaust systems for approx. £350! So I would imagine they would be a similar price nearer you.

Can you tell me where in Leeds please 

Google Custom exhausts by Tony Banks and/or Keltec performance exhausts.

• 3 months later...
On 3/26/2020 at 5:54 AM, dankernow said:

I had this problem a year ago. Back box was rotting and a small hole in the centre section after the cat. I purchased a back box from Toyota (£150) and a stainless mid section (fox in Germany). £320 all in, including fitting at local garage. The original exhaust (2 part) had to be cut after the cat/silencer.

I didn't go for a custom exhaust because it would mean having to declare a modification. I'm hoping it last for a couple more years, but I would be careful buying the 1.8 yaris at its current age because a standard exhaust is well over £1200 from Toyota and there's no copy parts available, unless you buy from a custom exhaust outlet. I would be surprised if £350 covers the cat as well.

Had my MOT yesterday and it passed with no advisories. First since having the exhaust work done.

Is

• 1 year later...

Hi there, I'm sorry if this has been asked before. This is my first time ever using forums and struggling to navigate and use them😅

So I'm having trouble trying to find a new exhaust for my 2008 1.8 Yaris sr, can I use an exhaust from a 1.3 or any other type of Yaris out there? 

On 7/29/2023 at 2:43 PM, Raian8 said:

Hi there, I'm sorry if this has been asked before. This is my first time ever using forums and struggling to navigate and use them😅

So I'm having trouble trying to find a new exhaust for my 2008 1.8 Yaris sr, can I use an exhaust from a 1.3 or any other type of Yaris out there? 

You can with an adapter as the smaller engines sizes will have smaller diameter exhaust. Not recommended to do so as you will restrict the exhaust flow and reduce power, plus add extra stress to the engine. It is important to keep same diameter and same flow. Perhaps try other markets like from abroad. Or directly company who make exhausts. Walker for example. Hete you can find your car and parts numbers https://japancars.ru/index.php?route=catalog/toyota

https://www.walkerexhaust.com

https://www.mister-auto.co.uk

https://www.autodoc.co.uk