Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Design 1.8 hybrid mpg

Chriss27

I do check twice a week at least, now it’s very tricky indeed. Daytime temperatures are over 10C and if the car parked on sunny place no way you can get correct pressures, in the night temps goes down to almost 0C, tyres get harder but pressure goes down, again efficiency or comfort, how to get the right spot , best to check I found in the morning around 10-11:00 when temps are bit higher than the morning frost but the sun hasn’t touched the car yet. I keep mine just a tiny bit over the manufacturer recommended because of my night driving. I am still playing with my tyres pressure since the wheel size change I can’t find this suit spot between comfort and efficiency, but getting there, it is somewhere between 0.5-1bar more than the previous size recommendation. 
Regards 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 5:39 AM, Catlover said:

Have you Corolla drivers tried the “trick” to getting more mpg by increasing tyre pressures. Up to 4 psi is the norm. Maybe get slightly harder ride but even 2 psi will help. Reports say no detriment really to tyre wear etc.  When I take my car in for Toyota service I let them know tyre pressures are set x psi higher.

When winter came, the Tyre pressure warning light came on every morning, so I increased by 2psi to compensate. Because the low profile tyres seem much more prone to pressure change. What you say, could that be why the dealer supplied the cars with about 4psi over the hand book recommended PSI? You may remember a topic where this was discussed, and I , for 1, reduced the pressure to the hand book settings. Maybe the dealers automatically set the PSI higher (so it was not a mistake) but they didn't advise us? 

I'll certainly have a go at what you say. But you are right, when the tyres were as 4psi,  the road noise from the tyres was considerably more than when the pressures were reduced.

• Like 1

That’s what I noticed too, when tyres are overinflated they are noisier, when under inflated the car just rolls heavily. My previous 17” tyres winter set Nexen were not that sensitive to temp changes where my summer Goodyear s were very sensitive and I needed to check and top up air more frequently. 
Regards 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links