Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DPF blocked

luigi

hello

I have a Toyota avensis 2016 estate which has a DPF. At 89000 miles ,the filter is completely blocked and a new filter will cost £1800 supplied and fitted by main dealers. Has anyone had this problem and should a dpf need replacing at such low mileage for a diesel engine.

36 minutes ago, luigi said:

hello

I have a Toyota avensis 2016 estate which has a DPF. At 89000 miles ,the filter is completely blocked and a new filter will cost £1800 supplied and fitted by main dealers. Has anyone had this problem and should a dpf need replacing at such low mileage for a diesel engine.

There have been quite a few cases, where DPFs have blocked at even lower mileage than yours! The biggest cause is failure to regen and short stop/start journeys. Cars with DPF need to go on good runs to help burn off the  particulates. This is why no small diesel cars have not been produced in recent years, since most are mainly driven in villages and towns. 

Read this - https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/what-is-a-dpf-and-does-your-car-have-one/

Split into new topic.

• Like 1